Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Feedback to Customers
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nigelw
First Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

My P3P has one or two minor issues that I'm currently having to live with.
The first problem I noticed was the vibrations after updateing to FW 1.5.  After doing some tests & adjusting basic gains it's at a point I can live with it until a better solution is found.

The next thing I've noticed is the altitude isn't stable.  It can't hover a metre off the ground without slowly losing altitude, although it's within DJI's stated specifications so not really an issue as such.  What is an issue is the height readout in the app varies by several metres over the coarse of a 15 minute flight, to the extent I need to allow for it when setting RTH altitude & keep a keen eye on any low-level waypoint missions, which can lose altitude when supposedly travelling on a straight & level coarse.  I'm currently having a dialogue with DJI EU support over this so it may or may not get fixed.  So far so good though.

What I'm less than happy about is the lack of feedback from DJI about whether they've accepted there are problems & if they know what's causing it & if so, how they plan to fix it, especially with regards to the vibration issue.  It would gain them a lot more respect (& ultimately sales) if they held their hands up, explained any issues & kept everyone informed.  After all, no-one really expects perfection from something so advanced & complicated.  No doubt they feel they'd be advertising their faults to the world if they publicly posted issues on a public forum, which is understandable, but that doesn't mean they can't send targeted messages to it's known customers, either within the app or by email.

I'm planning on investing in an inspire Pro some time this year, once I've got my Permission for Aerial Work from the CAA, but may hold off until I know any issues are getting dealt with.
2016-2-26
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi Niglew! Thank you for your feedback here on a forum. Hovering on the long altitude you have to mind what surface are you flying above . Surfaces that can absorb ultrasonic waves (high grass, carpet etc.) can cause the altitude loss.
2016-2-29
Use props
nigelw
First Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-1 02:22
Hi Niglew! Thank you for your feedback here on a forum. Hovering on the long altitude you have to mi ...

Hi Tim, it doesn't appear to make much difference, whether over grass or concrete.  I've turned off VPS now as it doesn't seem to make any difference in the environments I fly in.  I can live without it.  The bigger issue I have is the  overall drop in altitude I often get after a long flight, which also affects waypoints & POI's.  I'm in contact with EU support over this & they are hopefully dealing with it, although the last email I received said the flight records I uploaded were corrupt.  I'm not sure how they can be corrupt though, because before that they asked me to remove & re-install the app, which meant to get my flight records back I had to download them off the server.  They all seem fine on my device.  I don't know if I can even overwrite them, because when I synchronise my device they already exist on the server so it won't overwrite them.
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-1 16:31
Hi Tim, it doesn't appear to make much difference, whether over grass or concrete.  I've turned of ...

That is strange... Your problem makes me think about the barometer issues...
2016-3-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

For what it is worth, I fully agree with Nigel about DJI fronting up to its issues and taking ownership. Having had a number of dealings with Chinese companies, I realise that this is a cultural thing. I have had several instances where there has been a problem, and everyone at the Chinese end suddenly goes missing.

DJI appears to be very interested in selling into the US and other western countries, but does not seem to understand that those countries expect more of them than they are delivering. In particular is terms of after sales and warranty service, where DJI are seriously lacking.

2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-1 17:14
For what it is worth, I fully agree with Nigel about DJI fronting up to its issues and taking owners ...

We completely understand this and keep working on improvements
2016-3-1
Use props
Takeoff
Flight distance : 9915 ft
Australia

I went to Hong Kong recently and included in my itinerary was to locate at least one of the DJI authorised store there. I went to their Kwun Tong store and after spending about 20 minutes inside the Kwun Tong Industrial building, I still cannot find the store. The place looks like a residential building and I gave up on this one. Then I went to look for their store in Cheung Shau Wan. This time, I found the location as shown in their address #112 but it WASN'T a DJI store. It was a recruitment agency for overseas workers.

To DJI support in HK, please ensure the addresses you have of your authorised stores on your website are correct and/or updated.

2016-3-6
Use props
daviskw2004
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-29 20:22
Hi Niglew! Thank you for your feedback here on a forum. Hovering on the long altitude you have to mi ...

But Tim have there not been literally hundreds of posts on the vibrations and poor stability with this firmware update? I wouldn't call it strange... I would say common.
2016-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules