Phantom 3 Pro Tree Crash
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 515850 ft
Spain

First flight without gps and first crash, the fact is that the site was very difficult to fly ...

2016-2-26
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

It does look like a tight fit. Glad the damage was minimal.
2016-2-26
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

Great video! I am glad it hit tree and stayed there instead of the wall and into the water.
2016-2-26
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

what a beautiful gorge, great location to shoot. It is really hard to judge closeness to trees when flying far away from yourself. Glad it was such little damage for you and the footage was saved. Did you kill the props straight away? Or did you let them run for a while? Im curious if the throttle down all the way in a situation like that will stop the motors still? How else to turn the motors off when caught in a tree? I pray never to be there mind ;)
2016-2-26
Use props
ArcticM39
lvl.2

United States

I think flying in the deep chasm was not a good idea, especially if the RC was in p-GPS mode.
2016-2-26
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Practice ATTI mode flying in an open unhindered area or better still get accustomed to it within the sim
2016-2-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

pi-inthesky@hot Posted at 2016-2-26 12:54
Practice ATTI mode flying in an open unhindered area or better still get accustomed to it within the ...

Agreed, I think everybody should learn how to fly ATTI mode, and also to fly in gusty winds.
2016-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules