When using Lightbridge?
1800 17 2016-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thumb
lvl.4
United States

I just started using Lightbridge with my iPad Air 2 because I don't have wi-fi where I fly at and probably most other places I plan on flying and it seems to work great. My question so far about it is when I press the record button on the RC for video I don't hear a beep letting me know that it has started recording unlike when using wi-fi I would always get a beep. So today I took a short test flight using the Lightbridge and when I hit the record button, I didn't hear a beep so I hit it again thinking I didn't push it hard enough the first time, once again no beep so I hit it again. Long story short, I ended up with 4 or 5 very short videos. So my assumption is since I am using Lightbridge, I am in Airplane mode which I guess turns off all audio sounds...I guess? If that's true, is there any way to have that beep beep even in Airplane mode?

2016-2-26
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Your post is a bit confusing
You have no option to use Lightbridge if you have an Advanced or Pro.
You use Lightbridge or you don't fly at all.
Lightbridge has nothing to do with airplane mode - that's something you set for yourself.

Airplane mode shouldn't affect volume.
Try turning up the volume on the iPad.
You can tell whether you are recording or not by looking at the app shutter button and the seconds ticking away.
2016-2-26
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

Maybe I'm confused. Last time I was out I had the iPad set to wi-fi and I had no video and later I found out I had to shut off the wi-fi in order to get video on the iPad. Shutting off wi-fi turns on airplane mode(I think).

I know I can look at the screen to see if the video is recording but it's nice(for me) to have an audible telling me I just turned it on instead of taking my eyes off the drone. I didn't turn the sound down or off on the iPad but maybe something changed so I'll take a look at that.
2016-2-26
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

thumb Posted at 2016-2-26 20:03
Maybe I'm confused. Last time I was out I had the iPad set to wi-fi and I had no video and later I f ...

Airplane Mode turns off wifi, Bluetooth and cellular.
2016-2-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

thumb Posted at 2016-2-27 12:03
Maybe I'm confused. Last time I was out I had the iPad set to wi-fi and I had no video and later I f ...

I am not convinced you need to turn off WiFi. I use an Air 2 with a P3P and I leave WiFi on and it all works just fine.
2016-2-26
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

What model Phantom do you have?
2016-2-26
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

I was thinking about that and another problem I found I had was a bad cable so maybe it was the cable. I'll test it out tomorrow with the wi-fi on.
2016-2-26
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

@Geebax, I tried with the wi-fi back on and it worked so it was the faulty cable causing the problem.

@Kneepuck, it's a P3A
2016-2-29
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

thumb Posted at 2016-3-1 07:05
@Geebax, I tried with the wi-fi back on and it worked so it was the faulty cable causing the problem ...

More confusion?
Turning wifi on won't enable any wifi connection to your controller ... because there is none,
It's cable only.
Geebax was just saying that leaving wifi turned on wouldn't hurt ... but there is no wifi connection to your tablet.
2016-2-29
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-2-29 21:15
More confusion?
Turning wifi on won't enable any wifi connection to your controller ... because th ...

Leaving wifi on can be useful for tethering the tablet to your phone and using mobile broadband to load maps into the tablet when flying away from other wifi sources - done it myself with a P3A - just remember if you're on 3G to wait until the local map has downloaded ... it can take several minutes depending how far you zoom the map out.
2016-2-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

You more than likely bumped the Mute button on the I-pad , or the sound was to low.  It happens.

-all the best -donnie
2016-2-29
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-2-29 13:57
You more than likely bumped the Mute button on the I-pad , or the sound was to low.  It happens. ...

Still no beep when I hit record, don't know why. All other audio plays fine.
2016-2-29
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

@labroides  I was under the impression that wi-fi did have something to do with the video but found out later that it didn't. That's the only reason I mentioned it before I knew better.
2016-2-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I get a dull cow bell like sound when I press record video, on my iPad Air 2 Cellular.
I always keep the volume turned up to max too. @11!! ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-2-29
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

The Litchi app will say " RECORDING"  when you hit the record button.  It will also say distance,  speed,  altitude and battery % out loud at intervals you specify.  Pretty handy,  especially if you are using goggles.
2016-2-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

thumb Posted at 2016-2-29 22:41
Still no beep when I hit record, don't know why. All other audio plays fine.

When the weather breaks, I will try to duplicate.    It does Start  recording though correct, just NO sound (chime ) ?
  When you take Snap-shots do you hear the shutter sound ?

All the best - donnie
2016-3-1
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

I may have found the problem, I had alert/notifications sounds turned off on the iPad, I'll try it out today if I get a chance. Really busy trying to get some raised beds for my veggie garden built and have 4yds of dirt being delivered tomorrow. Anyone here good with a shovel?
2016-3-1
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

thumb Posted at 2016-3-1 07:00
I may have found the problem, I had alert/notifications sounds turned off on the iPad, I'll try it o ...

You could attach one of those clamshell buckets to your P3 and let it do the work.  As for me,  I think work is fascinating.  I could watch it for hours.
2016-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules