1383 6 2015-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jackiedh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know if the new smart battery self discharging function has to be done with the battery inserted into the Phantom to work or will they self discharge on there own while not in the Phantom?

Thanks

Jack

2015-1-7
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

They will start to discharge slowly without having it in the Phantom after 10 days.
2015-1-7
Use props
jedthone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 612927 ft
United States

If you are trying to get the batteries to 50% for storage you could just take the props off and run the motors to get the battery down to 50%. At least that's what the DJI support people told me to do at least. I was worried it would over heat but the motors are not even warm.

If you are wondering why I asked about how to discharge the batteries its because the temps here are currently around 8F or -14C. FAR to cold and windy to fly and it wont improve for a couple of months here. Sad to, I just got this thing a couple of weeks ago.
2015-1-7
Use props
rod
lvl.4

New Zealand

jedthone@hotmai Posted at 2015-1-8 04:07
If you are trying to get the batteries to 50% for storage you could just take the props off and run  ...

Hmmm, personally I would not run the phantom in static mode with the props off.  The unit is designed to work under load and  for airflow cooling and the camera mount and gimbal do get quite hot in static mode. (mine does anyway.)

I would fly it to discharge batteries - This is how they are designed and is probably the quickest way. I emphasize that this is only my opinion though and I have never had any problems with my PV2+ or its batteries.
Cheers!
Rod
2015-1-7
Use props
jedthone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 612927 ft
United States

rod@voxvideopro Posted at 2015-1-8 04:51
Hmmm, personally I would not run the phantom in static mode with the props off.  The unit is desig ...

DJI told me specifically to take the props off and run it that way. I also worried at first about overheating but it turns out the engines and camera never warmed up (it was only at idle anyway).

Besides, the high today was 8F, the low tonight is -10F (-13C to -23C). Its far to cold to fly it without damaging something. The camera refuses to work when its just a little below freezing as it is, I dont want to try it at 10 to 20 degrees or more below freezing.
2015-1-7
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

speaking of cold, i thought i saw somewhere in a post what the temp range was for acceptable operation.  I was considering flying this weekend but the temps will be in the 40s (F) and i was worried that might be too cold.  anyone know or have access to the official specs?
2015-1-8
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-1-8 20:57
speaking of cold, i thought i saw somewhere in a post what the temp range was for acceptable operati ...

Operating Environment Temperature

0℃-40℃

32f to 104f
2015-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules