Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikael
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24199 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi,

I was trying my new Inspire 1 Pro BE today. The flight with the first battery worked out well. On my second battery in the middle of the flight, I get the warning message. Gimbal Overloaded. I have my X5 equipped with a UV filter. Nothing more other than that. After I got the warning message, my camera was uncontrollable. Video feed came in, but i was just sort of hanging down. Any ideas?

Also when I look at the camera it doesnt look like the angles on the gimbal itself are straight. But I dont really have any other camera to compare with. I dont know if it should look like this or not. Can someone help me please? So two possible problems. 1. Why does it say gimbal overloaded and is it something wrong with the cameras angles? When I googled pictures of X5 cameras in boxes. They look to have straighter angles than the one I have. Strange.

Best
Mikael
IMG_33131.jpg
Compare to this one.
Inspire-1-Pro-X5-Camera-Case-Open.jpg
2016-2-28
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just went into my workshop and looked at my inspire pro and my x5 angles are straight. Yours looks very strange likes it's bent ???
2016-2-28
Use props
mikael
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Thank you for checking your camera.

I only have a total flight time  with this Inspire of about 30 minutes. And today was the first time i got the error message. The dealer had problems mounting the camera in the shop when I got my I1 and called DJI support. They made a note of it on my serial number in their records if I would get any problems with it. Maybe this is the reason why it was a problem from the beginning. Can someone from DJI please recommend what my next step should be?

The camera itself looks undamaged and it feels like it turns with no problem when I move it by hand. But something feels wrong with the angle of it.
2016-2-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

looks like DOA case... you probably will have to return your camera to the dealer...
2016-2-29
Use props
mikael
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-29 11:01
looks like DOA case... you probably will have to return your camera to the dealer...

Thank you.

It does spin and work and transmits video. But what you are saying is that the angles probably are wrong on the camera gimbal? Could that be why it says Gimbal overloaded?

The problem is that i am in Sweden right now. I won't be back in the USA for another 3 weeks. Will that be a problem? Or is there anywhere in Sweden where I can drop it off and change it?

I bought it at Hobby Pro in Miami.

Thank you
Mikael
2016-2-29
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

mikael@ohlen.nu Posted at 2016-2-29 18:33
Thank you.

It does spin and work and transmits video. But what you are saying is that the angles ...

i'm afraid that you will have to deal straight with the Hobby Pro
2016-2-29
Use props
mikael
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-1 04:41
i'm afraid that you will have to deal straight with the Hobby Pro

Thank you for answering.

I see, I spoke with Hobby Pro Inc in Miami yesterday. They have always been great to work with. I will be back to in three weeks. So I guess I have to wait.

Thanks again.

Mikael
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

mikael@ohlen.nu Posted at 2016-3-1 16:42
Thank you for answering.

I see, I spoke with Hobby Pro Inc in Miami yesterday. They have always  ...

I'm sorry that you'll not be able to make some shots in Sweden. Anyway, we are waiting for some nice videos and photos from you after 3 weeks
2016-3-1
Use props
mikael
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

I have a P3P as well. I just didn't bring it. I'll survive. Thanks for helping Tim.

Right know I'm waiting to see what you guys are releasing so I know what I'll spend more money on.
2016-3-1
Use props
mikael
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-29 11:01

Hi Tim,

I didn't mean to press a friend request to you. So you can disregard that. I was actually trying to PM you. Didnt figure that out. However, my email adress is showing in my posts. I don't want that. But I can't figure out how to change that. Can you please help me.

Mikael
2016-3-2
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

To me it looks like it has been on a I1 with the X3 legs and had a very heavy landing, resulting in the gimbal being bent...........they may have demo'd it before you got it maybe ?
2016-3-6
Use props
mikael
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Harb Posted at 2016-3-6 16:08
To me it looks like it has been on a I1 with the X3 legs and had a very heavy landing, resulting in  ...

Maybe your right. The strange think is that the gimbal and camera looks brand new. There is not a single scratch on them. Not even a microscopic one. Maybe its just assembled wrong. But I don't dare to unscrew any screws to check. Will send it in as soon as I get back to Miami.
2016-3-7
Use props
mikael
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Update.
I sent my X5 Camera back to DJI to see what was wrong. I got, what I think was a brand new camera back in an original box. I can't say much more than Thank you DJI for the help. It took a month but the problem was apparently real and resolved by DJI. I haven't been able to test it yet, but Im sure it won't be a problem.

Thank you all your inputs. And thank you DJI for helping out.

Michael
2016-6-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>

Michael  Thank you for the comments.  We will pass them along.  If you have additional issues please let us know.
2016-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules