Red Rock Canyon, NV
757 4 2016-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 408054 ft
United States

To be clear, this is just outside of Red Rock Canyon.  No drones were harmed in the making of this video.

2016-2-28
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Nice video, what is the name of the music?
2016-2-29
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice work in Post. what are you using for Post.
2016-2-29
Use props
Dan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 408054 ft
United States

Thanks guys.  The song is 'Whichever Way the Wind Blows" by Peter Droge.  Youtube has a new licensing arrangement that permits most songs to be used in videos.  (The videos force a pop-up ad which is how the artist gets paid.)  It looks like Facebook has something similar now too.  That opens up a range of possibilities.

For editing, I am using iMovie on a Mac.  I think it is $15 and has a lot of the same stuff as Final Cut Pro.  I've also looked at DiVinci but the learning curve is very steep.  What I do is load my raw video and then edit out what I know I won't be using.  Example of things I cut are anything with prop view or a movement that is too harsh.  I am left with a collection of clips with usable video.  I take a quick look at how many are duplicate shots and pick my best ones.  Then I end up with some collection as a starting point.  I look at the remaining clips lengths and get a total.  From the total, I assume that I will chop off another 30-40% of the footage to get to my final video.  I know I can speed up or slow down some clips to adjust time.  Let's say I have raw footage of 6 minutes (or 360 seconds).  at a 30% chop that means I am left with 252 seconds or just under 5 minutes.  

With iMovie, it will import directly from iTunes, so I just go into iTunes and sort my songs by length and genre.  I look for songs that are around 5 minutes long in this case and then start adjusting the clips to match the song.

Those are sort of the highlights.
2016-3-4
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

Wonderful - reminds me of where Clark crashed the family truckster.  Thanks for the tunes choice - Slipknot just wouldn't have been right.
2016-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules