How many guys here have had a faulty or broken USB Port?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Codegit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141719 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

After less than 15 flights my USB PORT on my Phantom 3 Advanced just stopped working. Now the Phantom 3 can be flown as usual, but unable to stream any video to my phone from the Remote Controller. This seems to be a very common problem. I am trying to find out how many other people have had this problem and how did they get it fixed? DJI suggests that I might have to send my bird in for repair, but that is going to be timely and costly and something I do not think I should be charged for.
2016-2-29
Use props
flormo2002
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>

Yes, the USB port on the controller is on the loose side and can sometimes cause issues (at least for me too)
2016-2-29
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The best bet is to bite the bullet and send it in for repair and be done with it. You could also try your Dealer for repair.
2016-2-29
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

I wonder if that's why one of my cables quit working on mine but it could be a faulty cable too.
2016-2-29
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

thumb Posted at 2016-2-29 08:15
I wonder if that's why one of my cables quit working on mine but it could be a faulty cable too.

I have found that switching to a different cable sometimes fixes this issue.
2016-2-29
Use props
Codegit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141719 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

The cost of sending my bird to china is way beyond what I am prepared to pay for, these birds should have been recalled as it's a known problem. I now have an expensive ornament, this sucks.
2016-2-29
Use props
V-22 Osprey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 361 ft
United States

Seen a few posts with same issue, really too bad for such a nice bit of kit!  I picked mine up used so no warranty/free repairs.  Should this happen I will try the HIMD upgrade, new USB port at the same time…99 bucks on Amazon with free 2 day shipping!  Good luck!
Kelly
2016-2-29
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

V-22 Osprey Posted at 2016-2-29 08:47
Seen a few posts with same issue, really too bad for such a nice bit of kit!  I picked mine up used  ...

That would be my choice as well.  The 99 bucks buys you 2 usb ports,  an Hdmi port and a CAN bus port ( for future use,  according to DJI).  And it's easy to install.
2016-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules