WHY?? Flight Mode changed from GPS to ATTI after takeoff
851 2 2016-2-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sendittobs
New

United States

Can someone examine the attached flight logs and explain to me why the flight mode changed from GPS to ATTI right after takeoff. Everything was GPS good after starting motors, ascended a few feet and voice command said ATTI Mode engaged. I always go into hover from takeoff and wait 15 seconds or so just to be sure all good. First time it did this. I wasn't ready for this and did surprise me as it was a bit windy. Landed ok but a little nerve racking when not expecting it.
Will have to page down to see all data. Thank you.

flight 1.pdf (635.49 KB, Down times: 14)
2016-2-29
Use props
Dr. Acula
lvl.2

As weird as it sounds, every time this has happened to me I hadn't rebooted my phone in a while.  I think it's a bug/glitch in the software somehow.  Might have something to do with the tendency of DJI Go to remain running invisibly in the background even though I thought I ended the app with the Android back button.

I don't think I've had the ATTI problem one time when I had rebooted my phone before the flight.
2016-2-29
Use props
visionrouge.net
Second Officer
Taiwan

Dr. Acula Posted at 2016-3-1 01:41
As weird as it sounds, every time this has happened to me I hadn't rebooted my phone in a while.  I  ...

I have the similar problem with Inspire,

I turn on and off my tablet and remote control between flight, so DJ app is always fresh boot.

Take off and randomly some GPS signal lost in the middle of a flight,
No wind, no interference (I'm about 150 m high)

No idea as well.
2016-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules