1478 21 2016-2-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ricardoghion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I will seal my friends p3 with this product to fly in the rain what you guys think? it's possible?

20160229_174525 by Ricardo Ghion, no Flickr
2016-2-29
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

It will keep the rain of the shell but it will not keep the rain off the more important pieces ie. Motors, Electronics, Camera, etc. and if you happen to spray that on any of the camera, electronics, motors etc. you will have ruined your friends P3...
That product is NOT designed for Electronics,
READ the description on the can, it is for metal, concrete, wood, vinyl......NOT Electronics!
2016-2-29
Use props
ricardoghion
Second Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

Hello friend , thanks for the opinion, but I want to apply but the motherboard , I saw many people who put on the plates and the same were well sealed
2016-2-29
Use props
jaronpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 723776 ft
United States

Ok.... Well.  Before you fly in the rain make sure you give it one last kiss...  Kinda a kiss goodbye kinda kiss.   Sealing out the water also seals in the hot air.  Why do you think it has vents in the first place?  Heat is one of electronics biggest enemies!   Like I said.  Give it one more kiss. ;)
2016-2-29
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Instead of useing that stuff to seal up your drone you could just give it to me cause after you fly it in the rain you wont have it anymore anyways.
2016-2-29
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

I would just purchase a waterproof drone, as trying to waterproof a phantom 3 won't work.  The vents would allow water to pool inside the case, the internals would suffer from corrosion and eventually fail. Bad idea IMO, I wouldn't let you near my P3P with that spray, and I would never try to fly in the rain, makes for horrible video anyways, the lense will look like crap with rain hitting it.  
The camera would fail in the rain, just forget about it and don't ruin your friends p3. Also you void the warranty by doing stuff like this...

Even professionally done liquipel doesn't always work, so good luck with your very risky endevor.

Oh and you couldn't of asked us before you started stripping down his phantom? You likley already voiding his warranty.

You will short it out from the rain or fry the components from heat, good luck. Oh make sure you show your friend this thread before you spray that stuff, he deserves to know the truth before you destroy his quad.
2016-2-29
Use props
ricardoghion
Second Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

"All a dream needs to be done is someone who believes that it can be done" Roberto Shinyashiki
2016-2-29
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

ricardoghion@ho Posted at 2016-2-29 20:20
"All a dream needs to be done is someone who believes that it can be done" Roberto Shinyashiki

I will bet that guy never flew a quad in the rain.
2016-2-29
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Canada

ricardoghion@ho Posted at 2016-2-29 20:20

Why risk it? Buy a waterproof quad.
2016-2-29
Use props
NepenthesLucas
New

plz dont do it :-)
2016-2-29
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

The components on the motherboard get pretty hot.  They rely on airflow to help cool down.  By spraying a coating on them,  you are basically insulating them,  so they will hold more heat,  and by denying them a cooling air flow,  you will really shorten the life of the components.  Heat is not a friend of electronics.  But,  if you decide to do this anyway,  please keep us posted on the results.
2016-2-29
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Canada

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-2-29 22:23
The components on the motherboard get pretty hot.  They rely on airflow to help cool down.  By spray ...

Let him destroy his friends phantom, personally.if I was his friend and found this thread with everyone saying don't and he did without telling me, he wouldn't be my friend anymore. If he wants to test mods he thought of  then he should  test it on his own phantom first before offering it to others, especially his friends.....

I find it crazy that he's still considering it. Hey if he's rich and has money to burn, then sure do it but tell him there is a 99.99% odds of total destruction of the phantom.
2016-2-29
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Phantom won't survive in a heavy rain. But if rain just starts you will have couple of minutes to bring it down without risk , nothing going to get spoiled by a little drizzle
2016-3-1
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

He was jut asking, why so serious???
2016-3-1
Use props
ricardoghion
Second Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

Juliano Cruz Posted at 2016-3-1 20:05
He was jut asking, why so serious???

é serio Juliano!!
2016-3-1
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

Num Phantom 2 que eu tinha, eu passei aquele líquido que pessoal usa no parabrida dos carros pra deixar aquelas gotinhas soltas, mas a intenção era só se eu tivesse voando e viesse uma chuva de repente, pra ter tempo de voltar e salvar o equipamento. Ia ser legal se essa próxima versão aguentasse uma certa quantidade de chuva né? Aqui onde moro chove muito, e pior, às vezes vem de repente.
2016-3-1
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

I say "Go For It" and let us know how it works out.  Someone has to be the "Pioneer" or is the word I'm looking for Guinea Pig   ;)
2016-3-1
Use props
ricardoghion
Second Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

Juliano Cruz Posted at 2016-3-1 21:17
Num Phantom 2 que eu tinha, eu passei aquele líquido que pessoal usa no parabrida dos carros pra  ...

Aonde voce mora Juliano?
2016-3-1
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

Moro em Joinville-SC (cidade da chuva),
2016-3-1
Use props
ricardoghion
Second Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

Juliano Cruz Posted at 2016-3-1 22:16
Moro em Joinville-SC (cidade da chuva),

então torça para dar certo o que eu vou fazer kkk
2016-3-2
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

thats not going to work the motors are not water proof
if you want to fly with some rain  buy a waterproof quad and a gopro wih the water proof case
2016-3-2
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

Not a mod that I would do.
2016-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules