Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
core i7 processor 4770 can this play 4k video?
4551 10 2016-2-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cwalker
New

United States

core i7 processor 4770 can this play 4k video?    what program do I use on a PC to play 4k video back?  currently I am using quick time because of my format I filmed in MOV. windows media wont play it MOV and quick time keeps skipping.  ANY HELP  

should I record in MP4?  will windows media play it in 4k?

if so what about the video I already recorded in MOV.

thank you   
2016-2-29
Use props
wrathofkhan
Banned

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-2-29
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Captain
Flight distance : 8330174 ft
  • >>>
Canada

You might try a free program called VLC, it can play a lot of files that WMP won't.
2016-2-29
Use props
astrostar
lvl.4
United Kingdom

You can try VLC player Link or MPC Player Link. I record mine as MP4 files and they play fine.
2016-2-29
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.4

United States

Cwalker, I spoke to you ealier... so it looks like record from now on in the MP4 format... about the MOV files I would think if you tried one of those other players they are recommending it might work.
2016-2-29
Use props
bluelightning
New
Flight distance : 74682 ft
United States

I 3rd VLC, windows media player sucks. You can get VLC on cnet.com also.
2016-2-29
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

well, playing high resolution video is also depends on video card...
2016-3-1
Use props
chris198810
Banned

Japan

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-7-27
Use props
Grizz 1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

cwalker, this is what I installed to play the 4k videos on windows media player in mp4 format.
https://www.mediaplayercodecpack.com/
2016-8-8
Use props
christing
lvl.3

United States

Besides try a 4K video player, you can downscale your 4K source to 1080p for easier playback and editing.

See a tutorial get some tips:  http://video-quora.over-blog.com ... -playback-edit.html
2018-2-26
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-1 01:41
well, playing high resolution video is also depends on video card...

Exactly ... and of course program to play.

I have a Core i5 machine I am typing on now ... and VLC stutters with 4K ..... because the video card even though high end is not 'gaming standard' ....

BUT if I use WMP or Films & TV .... both installed in Win 10 .... I have no problem... all play fine with that card.

The type of video - its coding - also determines whether it will play ... just because it says MP4 ... AVI .... does not mean its same - the designation MP4 / AVI etc. is just a name for the 'can' holding the coding format. Ever notice that on your TV - you can play an AVI or MP4 for example ... then another AVI or MP4 says 'Unsupported Format' ?

It really is trial and error to find what suits YOUR computer and its gear ... there are thousands of free video viewers out there ... Start with VLC ... then if that doesn't work .. search out other freebies ... you WILL find one that suits.

And yes - for most people MP4 is better .... I think DJI default to MOV because of their liking for all things Apple .....

Nigel
2018-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules