16 showing, but 'Not enough' for follow me?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyGirl
lvl.3

Mexico

I have Ipad mini2 w/cell, (gps) and a P3P -

I am unable to initiate follow me. The prompt reads 'not enough satelites', even with the typical 16 above.
I always seem to be 'Safe to fly GPS'
I've had no issues with other features, however I have not sampled the waypoints feature.
Is there something I'm missing?

Opinion is greatly appreciated,
Oh, and what happened to the topic 'search' ability on the forum? Again, something I'm missing?

Been gone awhile- things are a tad different.
Many Thanks in advance

Cheers!

2016-2-29
Use props
JaxBchFlyer
lvl.2

It might be your device doesn't have enough sats. I believe that is what it depends on to follow you. Search is the small magnifying glass to the left of your user name at top.
2016-2-29
Use props
arock387
lvl.2

No 16 satellites is enough.  I'm not entirely sure why it was saying that.  I'm assuming you tried to power everything off and power back on so it would reconnect?
2016-2-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Just to get the small point out of the way, the Search feature is now accessed by the small icon of a magnifying glass on the top line of the forum.

Follow Me works by knowing where you are at any time, and the only way of knowing that is to know where the RC unit is. To do this, it uses the GPS feature on your phone or tablet, so firstly, your phone or tablet must have a GPS facility. This is usually the case with phones, but some tablets do not have GPS, such as the WiFi only versions of the iPad.

To begin with, the number of satellites displayed on the screen of the Go App is the number being seen by the aircraft, not the phone/tablet. And the GPS in a phone or tablet is not as good a receiver as the one in the aircraft, so you need to keep tour phone/tablet out in the open as much as possible. Putting it inside a car will probably stop it working altogether. If the phone/tablet is not receiving well enough, then you will get the error message 'not enough satellites', and the aircraft will stop following you and hover in the one place.

Other features like Waypoints do not rely on the phone's GPS, so they will work fine.

2016-2-29
Use props
FlyGirl
lvl.3

Mexico

Thank You - All

I can now topic search the forum once again.

As for my mini2 searching...
My bird and I are on foot in wide open spaces, beach/desert.
I'm thinking 'aiplane mode' or 'cellular data'
I'll get back to you on that.

Cheers
DJI_0022 (2).jpg
2016-2-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

FlyGirl Posted at 2016-3-1 10:45
Thank You - All

I can now topic search the forum once again.

The follow me works from the GPS in your iPad and the satellite count in the app is from the aircraft.
Does Google Maps work correctly on your iPad?
And try your cell phone too
2016-2-29
Use props
FlyGirl
lvl.3

Mexico

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-1 09:50
Just to get the small point out of the way, the Search feature is now accessed by the small icon of  ...

Um, well,
maybe disabling the airplane mode will help
2016-2-29
Use props
FlyGirl
lvl.3

Mexico

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-1 11:09
The follow me works from the GPS in your iPad and the satellite count in the app is from the aircr ...

Ya, funny you mention that....

I'm slightly confident all will be fine with tomorrows flight

Thank you,
Cheers
2016-2-29
Use props
FlyGirl
lvl.3

Mexico

FlyGirl Posted at 2016-3-1 11:13
Ya, funny you mention that....

I'm slightly confident all will be fine with tomorrows flight

Thank You all -

Tomorrow is here and all is well
It happened to be a 'privacy' issue with the ipad.
Love my privacy

Cheers
2016-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules