Interference between phantom 2 controller and Blackpearl screen
7362 30 2015-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andrew.grant
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Does anyone have any suggestions, or come across interference between the phantom 2 controller (the 2.4ghz v2 one with the shoulder wheel) and a 32 channel black pearl display screen?

This is happening across all bands, and has made it practically un-usable, and happens when the phantom is not even turned on (and when I am in the middle of a field)

It is a pretty long range thing, so even if I take the screen 5-10 metres away is is just the same.

The symptoms in this vid.

Any thoughts? Heyulp!
2015-1-7
Use props
bloah
lvl.2

Canada

just tested with exact same controller and black pearl 32 ch receiver (RC801) and I did not have the same issue.

There was "0", i repeat, "zero" differences when i was turning remote on or off in terms of static.

Maybe your unit is defective?
2015-1-7
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

I've got the 7-channel black pearl (because of immersionRC transmitter) but I get no interference, except if I place the transmitter antenna directly on the black pearl antenna.

How does it react if you just have one antenna on your Black Pearl?
2015-1-7
Use props
andrew.grant
lvl.1

United Kingdom

it does it if I have no antenna on it. I have the clip that mounts it onto the controller, but even if I take it off, and into a different room, 10m or so away is still get the same interference.

bloah, which unit do you think is likely to be defective? the screen or the transmitter?
2015-1-7
Use props
bloah
lvl.2

Canada

your black pearl monitor looks a bit different from mine btw.

I've made a video to replicate yours scenario with mine equipment.

which one is deffective? no idea, try to use another monitor if possible somehwere or vice versa

best of luck
2015-1-7
Use props
RyanConnor16
lvl.1

United States

^^ Same as these guys, only if my black pearl is directly on top of my ImmersionRc will i get any static at all on the screen.
Band f chan 4 for me and probably everyone else
2015-1-7
Use props
andrew.grant
lvl.1

United Kingdom

thanks for the help and testing

I now need to find somewhere local that has a black pearl or similar and try and find out if its my controller or not
2015-1-7
Use props
monicama.email
New

Cyprus

andrew.grant@nt Posted at 2015-1-8 08:20
thanks for the help and testing

I now need to find somewhere local that has a black pearl or sim ...

Hi. I bought phantom 2 this Christmas with the H3-3D, gimbal go pro 3 plus and I have major interference from the controller to the black Pearl monitor. The interference goes away when the controller is turned off. Something like the following link on youtupe but much worse -(). Any help appreciated.  
2015-1-19
Use props
Matenza
New

United Kingdom

Has this problem been solved?
2015-1-25
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

did you switch channels on the receiver?And... do you have both antennas mounted properly?  I left the antenna off one flight and things worked up to about 50 feet away, then got weird.  Now i don't leave them off btw.
2015-1-25
Use props
andrew.grant.em
lvl.1

United Kingdom

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-1-25 23:06
did you switch channels on the receiver?And... do you have both antennas mounted properly?  I left t ...

yes, tried all that

its actually worse with the antennas on, as it picks up the interference better (or worse, depending on your point of view)

since the original vid went down, this is the one I have done to show what is happening.

I have tried different bands/channels, and some are not as bad as others, but still pretty bad.
2015-1-25
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is the monitor holder you have it mounted to.  I like it.
2015-1-26
Use props
andrew.grant.em
lvl.1

United Kingdom

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-1-26 21:19
What is the monitor holder you have it mounted to.  I like it.

It is a 3d printed one that i got from www.firstpersonview.co.uk

its pretty neat.
2015-1-26
Use props
nico_mav.hotmai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1858852 ft
Greece

andrew.grant.em Posted at 2015-1-26 23:50
It is a 3d printed one that i got from www.firstpersonview.co.uk

its pretty neat.

did you solve the problem with your monitor i have the same problem with you ?!
2015-2-8
Use props
nico_mav.hotmai
lvl.4
Greece

did you solve the problem??? i have the same problem with you!!!
2015-2-8
Use props
nico_mav.hotmai
lvl.4
Netherlands

Andrew did you solve the problem with the interference?
Can you pls help me i have exactlly the same problem!
Any news ???
2015-2-11
Use props
nico_mav.hotmai
lvl.4
Greece

hello ... ??????????????????
2015-2-16
Use props
ozzie11
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I too have the same problem.....it must be a common fault??

ANYBODY?
2015-2-17
Use props
ozzie11
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Guys, I think I have it sussed!!. I have a Pearl RC 801 and DJi AVL58 Lite TX, and had noticed the aforementioned interference, when the controller was switched on. The controller is obviously generating  its controlling RF , and if no signal is being received by the Pearl ( when the P2 is off), some gets into the sensitive receiver( pearl).
     When I first tuned my Tx and receiver, I chose the first channel that produced a picture, thinking that would be the "correct" one. This is not so however, as further research has found a much stronger matching channel, which completely blocks out the interference from the controller.
I cannot speak for other tx`s but for the DJi AVL58 lite, band E on the pearl gives by far the best results. The range is also much better.

Hope this epistle helps!!

OZZ
2015-2-18
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

I don't think I see any antennas connected to the Black Pearl.  Do you think that might be a problem?  I have never used the Black pearl but I think the antennas stick up from the back a little more thast what I saw.
2015-2-18
Use props
andrew.grant
lvl.1

United Kingdom

oakspi Posted at 2015-2-19 04:21
I don't think I see any antennas connected to the Black Pearl.  Do you think that might be a problem ...

Having the antennas on actually makes it worse
2015-2-23
Use props
andrew.grant
lvl.1

United Kingdom

ozzie11 Posted at 2015-2-19 02:55
Hi Guys, I think I have it sussed!!. I have a Pearl RC 801 and DJi AVL58 Lite TX, and had noticed th ...

I have found one of the channels which is not as bad as the others, but annoyingly it is the default one for my transmitter, so I guess I wont be flying with anyone else
2015-2-23
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

andrew.grant@nt Posted at 2015-2-24 05:57
I have found one of the channels which is not as bad as the others, but annoyingly it is the defau ...

Check this video out.  Very interesting
2015-2-24
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

Which video transmitter do you have?  There is a Band F only (7 channel) Black Pearl and a 32 channel.   Rumor has it that the 7 channel works better with the ImmersionRC transmitters (IRC). It is bandwidth differences between the Black Pearl models from what I read.  Another issue is the Black Pearl uses PAL as default.  It has to be changed off of PAL in the programing for use in the USA.  I'm new to the Black Pearl, just repeating info I have read.  Hope it is helpful.
2015-2-24
Use props
ozzie11
lvl.1

United Kingdom

at Oakspi, Very helpful video. When you think about it, the controller is transmitting some 1000 metres of control signal for the phantom. It is not surprising therefore, that the sensitive pearl receiver, picks a small amount of RF to cause interference. What happens to the interference if the Pearl is placed on a tripod for example, some few feet from controller?? I had this  interference myself but using the tuning of both 32 channel pearl and changing TX frequencies I mostly lost it.

Just my two cents worth!!

OZZ
2015-2-25
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

Andrew,  I get the same interference when I turn on the Black Pearl and when I DO NOT TURN ON THE PHANTOM AND CAMERA.  Are you turning on the camera?  Could be something really simple.  It appears that the Black Pearl is not receiving a signal.
2015-2-26
Use props
jmg
New

United Kingdom

I too have this problem - with the same setup Immersion RC 600mw TX, DJI FPV hub, iOSD Mini, Zenmuse, Fatshark Spironet Antennas.

Basically the problem as shown in this video:

All 7 channels on the Black Pearl suffer the same fate. Great picture until you turn on the RC for the Phantom 2.

Looks like a pretty common fault with no specific solution
2015-4-7
Use props
jmg
New

United Kingdom

So I've been told this:
DJI changed the modules in the NDJ6 transmitters such that they now interfere with the IRC 600mw Tx.

The advice is to stick to Channel 1 (all DIP switches up) which is 5740Mhz - the interference from the RC gets worse as you move up the Channels (Channel 7=5860MHz) so stay as far away from that frequency as possible.

Also to keep the monitor well away from the RC antenna, which somewhat defeats the object of the monitor mount on the RC.

All in all not very impressed by this :@

2015-4-9
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

I get absolutely no interference from my P2 Rc and the 7 Channel Black Pearl Using Channel 1 w/IRC 600mw Tx. Not sure why it would when they are on different freqs. 2.4 vs 5.8. I have been told the 7 channel is recommended over the 32 channel for the IRC 600mw tx because the channel freqs are matched up.
2015-4-9
Use props
martin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37316 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-10 04:16
I get absolutely no interference from my P2 Rc and the 7 Channel Black Pearl Using Channel 1 w/IRC 6 ...

Getting the 7 channel receiver or just using the F-band on the 32-channel receiver is the same thing.

I had the same issues. As I bought my kit 2nd hand, I hadn't changed the settings. Turns out, the ImmersionRC 5.8 GHz was set to all OFF (not a valid configuration) and the BlackPearl screen was in B-band, so off set, which didn't help either.

I've now moved to F-band and the lowest frequency (5740 MHz) and that seems to have solved it.

/M
2015-8-20
Use props
wwwDAVEHUMPHREY
New

Canada

I hear you buddy.  I think the Black Pearl is the biggest scam going.  I would NEVER recommend this monitor.
2015-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules