United States

Just what we need, another Phantom
2016-3-1
Use props
Leftridge
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1571155 ft
United States

It will be cool to see some of that tech integrated into the Inspire.. The collision avoidance specifically.. I still think the AutoPilot software is far advanced to what DJI had developed in regard to autonomous flight, except for the collision avoidance.
2016-3-1
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Where's our equivalent for the pro's? We're still waiting for the x5 OSMO adapter & the x5raw camera...
Phantom4 tech looks cool though!

Bit worried about how quickly DJI is releasing new products.

2016-3-1
Use props
Jennifer 1701
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23501 ft
United States

I can't believe they boast about the speed Phantom 4 will have after they took so much speed away from the Inspire 1 with a firmware update. Not to mention other performance reductions and promised feature delays and then the watered down deliveries.
2016-3-1
Use props
shayd93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

dopeytree Posted at 2016-3-1 12:04
Where's our equivalent for the pro's? We're still waiting for the x5 OSMO adapter & the x5raw camera ...

I'm more worried that the Phantom 4 is released a little less than a year after Phantom 3 and still no sight of Inspire 2
2016-3-1
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks nice, and most likely a big improvement over the past versions. I like flying and perfecting the shot, this will make anyone be better at flying even if the cant manage the sticks!

It would be nice to add the avoidance controls on my Inspire 1, maybe they could come out with a DIY kit

Rich
2016-3-1
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Jennifer 1701 Posted at 2016-3-1 12:01
I can't believe they boast about the speed Phantom 4 will have after they took so much speed away fr ...

Well said  Miss Jennifer !

cheers -donnie
2016-3-1
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-3-1 18:05
Looks nice, and most likely a big improvement over the past versions. I like flying and perfecting t ...

I hope they do release a basic avoidance DIY kit for the inspire. It would be killer!
2016-3-1
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The improvements look amazing!  New safety features, follow features, faster and longer flight times.

My only complaint would be that the camera for the most part looks the same.  I'm guessing we are still going to get 4K at 60/mbs?
2016-3-1
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

Im going to wait a few months before I rush out and buy one..... looks sort of like it was rushed onto the market.
2016-3-1
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

More evidence that Inspire is considered a dead product at DJI.
We have waited for months for fixes to firmware faults and degraded performance.
Loss of altitude and lateral stability, reduced speed, never mind a gimbal that is happy at any position that is not level.
Hacks needed to get 2nd rc to show a stable video feed by re-enabling channels taken away by yet another 'update'.

But that's ok, just announce some new cameras that are 'coming soon' and we are all happy.

DJI are more interested in selling to unskilled noobs than supporting users who have invested 2-3 times the cost of a phantom..
2016-3-2
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-3-1 13:05
Looks nice, and most likely a big improvement over the past versions. I like flying and perfecting t ...

I'm sure the next generation inspire will have all the bells a whistles that the new phantom 4 has and then some. I really don't care about the obstacle avoidance but having 2 imu's and 2 compasses sounds nice.
2016-3-2
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-3-2 01:27
We have waited for months for fixes ...

I tend to agree with you on these points!

Rich
2016-3-2
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-2 05:03
I'm sure the next generation inspire will have all the bells a whistles that the new phantom 4 has ...

Agree it would be nice to have the back up IMU and compass.... if this truly works this way....

Rich
2016-3-2
Use props
mojo
New
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-3-2 04:27
We have waited for months for fixes ...

I'm absolutely livid!  I just spend $4,500 on all this equipment a month ago and they put obstacle avoidance on that POS?  I have been trying to fly my inspire indoors (wareshouse very difficult...with bad air flow).  Finding out how they modified the phantom and how inferior the inspire seems now I'm just pissed.  I waited and waited to buy this thing and they do this.
2016-3-2
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Australia

mojo Posted at 2016-3-3 06:31
I'm absolutely livid!  I just spend $4,500 on all this equipment a month ago and they put obstacle ...

Could have been worse mojo, you could have pre-ordered an X5r or an XT.
2016-3-2
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-3-3 11:39
Could have been worse mojo, you could have pre-ordered an X5r or an XT.

I don't see how pre-ordering an X5R would have been worse? Phantom 4 has a bunch of new bells and whistles but it doesn't have RAW recording at 4K at much higher bitrates on a MFT sensor. Phantom 4 footage will still be severely limited by its small sensor size and low bit-rate. Phantom is still a toy versus the semi-pro/prosumer Inspire capable of flying faster and more stable in not as favorable conditions. Inspire also has second operator function, raised landing gears and more.

I don't see how we're getting sold down the river with the Phantom series upgrades. I'm just pissed that they don't upgrade the Inspire's more or at least release the products (X5R) they promised to have released 4 months ago.
2016-3-2
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Australia

I'm referring to the 'Coming Soon' factor that accompanies any extensibility to the Inspire platform.
Releases of accessory products that are months away from actual availability, versus multiple launches and shipping of phantom versions over the same time frame.
2016-3-2
Use props
wellingtonsique
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181358 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

mojo Posted at 2016-3-3 06:31
I'm absolutely livid!  I just spend $4,500 on all this equipment a month ago and they put obstacle ...

After what DJI did with the PHANTOM 3 line, pal, I expect anything from them! We all spent 3 times more on an INSPIRE 1 and then, 5 months later, PHANTOM 3 brings all the main extras that an INSPIRE had (except for the  false-publicity 360º camera), as 2 KM range, 4K camera, and even slightly-longer flight time (insult!), costing almost 3 times less. Anyway, in this case, I see with good eyes the coming of a new Phantom ahead of an Inspire 2, because all these extras Phantom 4 is bringing will mandatorily have to come on INSPIRE 2, just improved! I expect INSPIRE 2 around June, December this year maximum, with full avoidance system (Hope it's 360º avoidance system as in Matrice, not this half-protection that's being launched in Phantom 4) and redundant IMU/Compass kits. My wishlist also includes 4K60fps camera, anti-drop kit (as for the S series), 15-20 Ah battery (1 hour flight time), a REAL 360º camera, etc......who knows...maybe the Hasselblad maneuver can produce, till there, ultra-top camera otions, with their 40-80 Megapixels, Zillion of ISO ranges and even IR options...
2016-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules