DJI - Phantom 4 The Most Powerful Technology
12345Next >
15274 188 2016-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-CS
lvl.4

Hong Kong

The Phantom 4 makes flying easy and fun. Control it at a tap, and  automatically avoid obstacles or follow your favorite subjects to create  video and photos that amaze. Advanced technologies and an updated  camera combine to make your memories unforgettable.

https://youtu.be/JJPSSqMQajA

The intelligent Phantom 4 is more than a flying camera, it’s your creative companion. Use it to get shots that were impossible before, and bring an entirely new level of epic to your creations.

https://youtu.be/x8r-IxaiRbo

Flying is fun. Flying fast with the Phantom 4’s Sport Mode is an adrenaline rush. Every element of the DJI Phantom 4’s design, from the sleek body to advanced artificial intelligence, make it outperform even the most demanding expectations.

https://youtu.be/dY8KIMQRTf0

Multi-sport athlete Simone is constantly training, pushing herself to reach the peak of her game. Using the Phantom 4, she can follow herself and record every moment of her training sessions, so that she and her coach can review everything.

https://youtu.be/sbsRtdUFXOc

Riding the trails around Queenstown, New Zealand is how professional downhill mountain biker Bernard Kerr keeps his skills sharp. With the Phantom 4, he captures the dramatic footage he wants quickly and easily.

https://youtu.be/crHFfpdSmSo

Dive into the heart of the DJI Phantom 4, and see how every advanced component works together to bring you an easy, unparalleled flight experience.

https://youtu.be/l49mgGSsb-0

The director at Ferme 5 étoiles animal rescue in the wilds of Quebec’s Sacré-Coeur spends his days rescuing animals across a vast, snowy wilderness. Accompanied by a team of sled dogs and using a Phantom 4, he is able to track his animals easily and show the beauty of his land.

https://youtu.be/659O0-UqTtI

Andy Lewis is one of the world’s best slackliners, known for incredible feats of balance high up in the air. Watch as the DJI Phantom 4 helps him share his art with the world.

https://youtu.be/79eUwqtNwvY

2016-3-1
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

Very very nice... well done, DJI
2016-3-1
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

Anyone know when these will be shipping to store locations?
2016-3-1
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Well done DJI ! Concrutulation with this new bird :-)
2016-3-1
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

This thing looks great and I would like to get one BUT...the only way in he'll I would ever get one would be if dji would lower the price for Canadians. If I was to purchase this here in Canada it would cost me 1800$ and that's BEFORE the exchange rate fee. Dji need needs to do something for us Canadians here because we literally can't afford anything right now. Never mind the drone, we also need spare Batts, filters cases etc If dji can adjust the price for us, I will get one or two and I'm sure many folks will say the same.
2016-3-1
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks good but not enough to make me swap
2016-3-1
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Very nice indeed.  
2016-3-1
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>

The avoiding system looks promising i it works correctly other wise I will keep my P3
2016-3-1
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems like the right price for the features.  Will be interesting to read how it functions...  
2016-3-1
Use props
duey101
lvl.2

Thailand

Not enough to get me to give up my P3. A better camera is what was needed and not implemented. No upgrade in camera makes it not worth buying for me. My goal/objective is quality image output.
2016-3-1
Use props
Monumentale
lvl.1

Italy

duey101 Posted at 2016-3-1 19:37
Not enough to get me to give up my P3. A better camera is what was needed and not implemented. No up ...

So go for the Inspire or Matrice
2016-3-1
Use props
Highlander Brow
lvl.3

Spain

It looks fine. But, what about Altitude limit? In Inspire and Phantom 3, max. altitude is "6000 m (Default altitude limit: 120 m above takeoff point))". Actually, you can set max altitude to 500 m .  But if you read carefully Specs fort he new DJI Phantom 4,  it literally says 19685 feet (6000 m)  (Software altitude limit: 400 feet above takeoff point). What does this mean? I already find too limiting 500 m above takeoff point, especially when flying in Mountain areas or in cliffs by the sea, or simply deep valleys.  Has effective altitude limit above takeoff  changed to 400 feet ?.Does anyone know?
2016-3-1
Use props
Stanley Fredrik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 148556 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I like the new Phantom 4 just awesome!
2016-3-1
Use props
logan.mitchell
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33793 ft
United States

just got the p3 pro i  wounder if they have a trade plan or anything to go to the 4
2016-3-1
Use props
markus.carlbark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63845 ft
Sweden

Is the P3P/A remote HDMI addon compatible with the P4 remote?
2016-3-1
Use props
mikael
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24199 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Does it come with the gray case/bag in the picture? I just preordered one, but my dealer didn't know if it came with the gray case or not?
2016-3-1
Use props
Hendo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104495 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Nice one DJI, great to see the technology evolve. Hoping some of the software smarts may filter down the the P3 models. Love the Video of Simone, it's shot at one of my favorite fishing spots in the south of NZ, am heading up there in a few weeks.
2016-3-1
Use props
alpinekiwi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54803 ft
France

I'm going to have to go with No for the moment.

I was about to drop money on upgrading to the P3P when I learned of the new release of the P4. I decided to wait till today's release.

This new drone looks fantastic, but it has been confirmed the height limit is set to 400ft (120m). I simply could not live with that as I live in the mountains.

Disappointing deal breaker for me. Especially as I need to get a new drone now and was excited about this P4...

Sort this out DJI and you'll have a new customer here.
2016-3-1
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Highlander Brow Posted at 2016-3-1 11:57
It looks fine. But, what about Altitude limit? In Inspire and Phantom 3, max. altitude is "6000 m (D ...

Sounds great for narcissists who love taping themselves, and children who don't know how to fly. Too bad DJI didn't devote all that R&D to longer lasting batteries for our current aircraft and battery upgrades that will result in smarter batteries. Oh well...
2016-3-1
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

Too lazy to watch over-hyped videos.., can anyone tell me what's new?

-Collision avoidance
-Better camera? (I noticed the camera seems more centred. Is that the upgrade.)
-
-
P.S. DJI-CS.., your username sounds like an Iraqi MC.
"Yo yo, it's DJ-ISIS in tha building"
2016-3-1
Use props
alirz1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

alpinekiwi Posted at 2016-3-1 15:35
I'm going to have to go with No for the moment.

I was about to drop money on upgrading to the P3P w ...

Thats the default height on all Phantoms. You can change it to a max of 500M in the DJI go app.
EDIT: I take back what i said.. Apparently as per DJI-KEN. 400ft above take off point is indeed the max height...
2016-3-1
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Well, I know I have a new dream.  So happy with My Phantom 3 Standard, but wow the Phantom 4 is just freaking awesome.
So many film possibilities, it makes your mind blow.

DJI HINT: Do some serious Phantom 4 giveaway contests.  
2016-3-1
Use props
alpinekiwi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54803 ft
France

alirz1 Posted at 2016-3-1 21:58
Thats the default height on all Phantoms. You can change it to a max of 500M in the DJI go app.

No, DJI have confirmed it's now capped off at 120m. As far as I understand, you can't over-ride it like we can with the 3 series...
I am hoping I am wrong, waiting for someone to tell me otherwise.
2016-3-1
Use props
JasmineJasmine
New

Sweden

The most powerful gunshot on the planet was produced by America. Now that's a shocker.
2016-3-1
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

Its not a bad Phantom, the price in my view is very decent for the technology you are getting.
I am way to happy with my P3 to upgrade to this as its a bit too automated for me, I like to fly mine not &aposush & Pray'
Battery life was a bit dissapointing up to 28 mins...
I can see it selling well, have fun with the P4 if you buy one!
2016-3-1
Use props
trip3980
lvl.2

United States

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2016-3-1 12:45
Sounds great for narcissists who love taping themselves, and children who don't know how to fly. T ...

the new battery tech won't happen.  it has to happen outside the drone industry.  The only thing DJI can do effectively is use existing tech and thats it.  its too expensive to do anything new pure and simple.  Also with the mad need for batteries we just don't have good enough battery tech to really handle the average consumers needs.  I think its just wishful thinking at this point.  rather then worrying about how long the battery last why not just buy more batteries? I mean really why do you need 10 hrs of footage lol.  theoretically you could fly 24 7 with a side charger and more batteries.  
2016-3-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I think it is a great new step for the Phantom series.

The camera lens is improved, that will hopefully solve the problems that have been turning up with mis-aligned lenses.

The obstacle avoidance is real, available and included in the price, that will impact on the Yuneec Typhoon H where it is an optional extra and they can't even tell you how much it will cost. And it will be a solution for people who fly behind terrain or buildings and then crash into them on the way home.

The 'Tap' features are very clever, and will make it much easier to use Follow Me, as they don't rely on having any device on your person to make them work.

The slightly increased battery endurance is useful. Not as much as people had hoped for, but the increased capacity is probably needed more for the optical processing that is going on, such as the collision avoidance and the 'Tap' features. Those functions require an enormous amount of computing power to realise and that means a lot more power consumption.

Looking through the specs and FAQs, there are lots of new features added to the aircraft, many of which are not 'sexy', but for example it now has redundant IMU and compass devices for improved accuracy, the accuracy of hover has been improved too. This is a very good example of quietly improving things that matter.

All in all, a great step forward. Well done DJI.

Will I buy it? No, my P3P does what I want quite adequately. Like others here, I don't like being limited to a maximum height of 120 Metres, and the cost in Australian dollars is about $2400 and everything I already own would have to be replaced as nothing is compatible with the P4, not even the hardcase.

2016-3-1
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

trip3980 Posted at 2016-3-1 14:59
the new battery tech won't happen.  it has to happen outside the drone industry.  The only thing D ...

Everyone's battery needs and flight times are not the same. Some of us fly commercially and 18 minutes on one Inspire battery is just not good enough sometimes.
2016-3-1
Use props
adamkoromi
New

Hungary

Cool well done dji big big like
2016-3-1
Use props
wrathofkhan
Banned

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-1
Use props
bluelightning
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74682 ft
United States

I just got my P3A about 3 weeks ago. I love it. I for one won't buy one until I hear what other people say about it, about year from now.
I think the Phantom 4 is the right step forward.
I also think once the retailers start getting it the price will drop and a better bundle deal.
just my 1/2 a cent
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Rain1dog Posted at 2016-3-1 09:15
Anyone know when these will be shipping to store locations?

Should be March 15th but might be later.

Dave
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

SHamers Posted at 2016-3-1 09:15
Well done DJI ! Concrutulation with this new bird :-)

Thanks!

Dave
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Michael M Posted at 2016-3-1 09:56
This thing looks great and I would like to get one BUT...the only way in he'll I would ever get one  ...

I wish we could but I do not think that will happen.
Sorry

Dave
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2016-3-1 10:27
The avoiding system looks promising i it works correctly other wise I will keep my P3

It works great!

Dave
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Highlander Brow Posted at 2016-3-1 10:57
It looks fine. But, what about Altitude limit? In Inspire and Phantom 3, max. altitude is "6000 m (D ...

Max altitude is still at 500M just like the P3 and I1. The 400 is just the default setting in the software.

Dave
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Stanley Fredrik Posted at 2016-3-1 11:03
I like the new Phantom 4 just awesome!

Yeah, it is a big step forward.

Dave
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

logan.mitchell Posted at 2016-3-1 11:22
just got the p3 pro i  wounder if they have a trade plan or anything to go to the 4

Sorry, no trade in programs.

Dave
2016-3-1
Use props
arock387
lvl.2

awesome!  Start saving now and by Christmas I should have enough for one of these bad boys (due to inevitable sales)
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

mikael@ohlen.nu Posted at 2016-3-1 11:26
Does it come with the gray case/bag in the picture? I just preordered one, but my dealer didn't know ...

Yes the internal box is gray and that comes with.

Dave
2016-3-1
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules