Battery LED blinks after charging
38436 28 2016-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yablonsky
lvl.1

United States

[size=14.6667px]I have an issue with a TB47 battery. After charging, the #2 LED from button flashes in a cycle of two flashes.

[size=14.6667px]Any ideas? I've only had the battery a short time and it's only been flown and cycled about 6 times.

[size=14.6667px]Thanks
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, I'm a little confused about "the #2 LED from button flashes in a cycle of two flashes", can you explain it in another words?
If the battery can not work normally, we would recommend stopping using it in case of any accident.
2016-3-1
Use props
yablonsky
lvl.1

United States

The battery does fully charge, however when charging completes, the second led, when counted from the power button, blinks twice, over and over.  I press the power button and the blinking stops.
2016-3-2
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

This is the warning you are seeing while on the charger correct ? This usually indicates an out of balance cell or cells.
LED2 blinks twice per second: Over current detected
LED2 blinks three times per second: Short circuit detected
LED3 blinks twice per second: Over charge detected
LED3 blinks three times per second: Over-voltage charger detected
LED4 blinks twice per second: Room temperature is not suitable for charging
LED4 blinks three times per second: Room temperature is not suitable for charging

***I know it is the second light from the button, but it is considerd  the third LED according to the manual.

-Do a full discharge of the Battery.   I think I would not fly it, Just remove props and turn on the aircraft and let the battery just die ( Might take few Hours if fully charged ) Then do a full charge on the battery.  Before flying do analysis on the DJI go app battery section and make sure everything looks kosher. Make a cautious flight watching the batttery level.
-Make sure your battery is up to date also.
- Make sure you are using standard charger.

Lets start Here -

-donnie

2016-3-2
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Please also read the manual page 18-20 to be specific.  This will give a good overview of the situation.

Cheers - donnie

I hope my advice helps you.
2016-3-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-3 02:50
This is the warning you are seeing while on the charger correct ? This usually indicates an out of b ...

Thanks for posting
2016-3-2
Use props
Rinus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39862 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I also have a strange battery behavour. The first two leds are blinking one at a time. First led one and then led two goes on. Then it starts al over again. The power led is also on (red). Before charging it has two led indicating the power in te battery. After charging for about one hour there was still only 2 leds blinking. I had the charger removed but the battery keeps blinking, like i said before. I can not turn off the battery...
When i try to turn it off notings happen. The leds keep blinking...
Temperature is normal in the room.

(Sorry for my bad english..)

Rinus
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Rinus Posted at 2016-9-3 03:21
I also have a strange battery behavour. The first two leds are blinking one at a time. First led o ...

That's strange, it sounds like hibernation mode but only the Red should be on.
If the battery sits there for more than 10 minutes and the two LED's still stay on then I would say contact support.
You may be able to call the German repair center and set up an RMA with the Netherlands repair center.
Or just start a ticket.
GERMANY
+49 (0) 9771-177 3000
Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 3:00PM (GMT+1)
http://www.dji.com/support
2016-9-2
Use props
Rinus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-2 21:27
That's strange, it sounds like hibernation mode but only the Red should be on.
If the battery sits ...

Thx Ken,

We talking about Inspire 1 pro battery's (TB48)
Is it dangarouse to leave the battery in this state?
I have tree other battery's that are empty to. No leds blinking on power check, the red power led is also not on when pressing it (one battery has two leds, but also won't charge). But they won't charge. How can i check the battery's

Rinus

2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Rinus Posted at 2016-9-3 03:34
Thx Ken,

We talking about Inspire 1 pro battery's (TB48)

Did these batteries sit for a few months?
If so then they may be damaged.
In the US TB48's cannot be shipped.
As far as being dangerous, I wouldn't think so. If anything the battery will eventually fully discharge from the 2 LED's staying on. BUT, I am not a battery expert. Best if you call the German repair center and see what they say.
2016-9-2
Use props
Rinus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-2 21:40
Did these batteries sit for a few months?
If so then they may be damaged.
In the US TB48's cannot  ...

Ken,
There where fully charge and put away three months a go. We have not fly the inspire in that time. We where flying our Phantom 4 :-).

To keep the battery in shape the plan was to charge them again this evening and take the inspire out for a flight this weekend.

The battery all seems dead. No flying inspire this weekend :-(

I will contact support on Monday. The battery are from dec. 2015. Is there still warenty on them?

Rinus
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Rinus Posted at 2016-9-3 03:52
Ken,
There where fully charge and put away three months a go. We have not fly the inspire in that ...

The batteries have a 6 month warranty but ask support if there's anything they can do for you.
I'm sorry about that.
2016-9-2
Use props
Rinus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-2 23:06
The batteries have a 6 month warranty but ask support if there's anything they can do for you.
I'm ...

Ken,

We follow the rules in the battery safety guide. So the battery's can be stored for a long period when not in use. I read on this forrum that more people have the same problems with the inspire 1 battery's. Maybe 6 monhts warenty is a bit to short for this product that turns out to been not as good as it should be.

Its kinna strange that 4 battery's are deaying when they are in store. And after 3 monhts they all past the way.

If the guide has been more clear on this problem i may have safe the battery's. I have them check every month then...

I think the battery's our not as good as we all hope for....

I will contact support on Monday. Hope the can help me out on this.

Rinus
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Rinus Posted at 2016-9-3 05:46
Ken,

We follow the rules in the battery safety guide. So the battery's can be stored for a long p ...

That will not happen anymore if your batteries are updated.
I am sorry about that.
2016-9-2
Use props
Rinus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-3 00:03
That will not happen anymore if your batteries are updated.
I am sorry about that.

Ken,
Is it possible to update the battery's in this state? Or is there a work arround to get Some power into the battery to do a update. I can not live with the fact to destroy more than 1000 euro worth of  battery because of a firmware update. There must be something i can do...

Rinus
2016-9-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Rinus Posted at 2016-9-4 05:42
Ken,
Is it possible to update the battery's in this state? Or is there a work arround to get Some p ...

Contact the German repair center and see what they say.
If the battery will not charge, then there's no way any power can get into it.
I am sorry, the repair center will have to advise you of what they can do for you.
2016-9-3
Use props
Rinus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-4 00:43
Contact the German repair center and see what they say.
If the battery will not charge, then there ...

Hi Ken,

I have found a work around. Now 1 battery is charging again. Make a test hover flight this week after i update the battery to the new firmware, and see how this battery will do. If its ok then i can fixed the other three also.

Rinus
2016-9-5
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

Well after many months I decided to charge my batteries today and I just found out that two of my batteries are completely dead!Two other batteries are blinking right now after they were fully charge. The first two LED are blinking. The 2nd Battery only the first LED is blinking. This is very annoying as I have spend so much money on this batteries. I thought they were smart batteries. I know they are out of warranty but they where not crazily use. Can any one from DJI help me with this issue, The battery is inside my house and I want to make sure I am running any risk by having them inside my mouse. I know I have not experience any issues before but it can be well possible that after I did an upgrade to the batteries it was cause by that upgrade.  Last update was Version 1.4.00.10
So I went and read  DJI's Inspire 1 Release notes of the FW update and  It seens that after I downloaded 1.4.00.10 it had issues with batteries. I hope some one can help me with this issue. I am afraid I will end up with zero batteries! out of 7 batteries I now only have 3 working batteries two completely dead batteries and two brick batteires that are blinking.

Hope soome one can Share some light on this issue.

Thank you.
                                                                                                                                                                                                       [size=14.000000pt]

[size=14.000000pt]2015.12.7

[size=13.000000pt]Overview:

•                                                                 All-in-One Firmware version updated to v1.5.0.30.

•                                                                 DJI GO app iOS version updated to v2.4.2.

•                                                                 DJI GO app Android version updated to v2.4.2.

[size=13.000000pt]What’s New[size=13.000000pt]:

•                                                                 Fixed battery level fluctuation issue.

•                                                                 The X3 gimbal on the Inspire 1 is now compatible with the Osmo. Note that you must attach X3 gimbal
                                                                    to the Inspire 1 before updating the firmware. Do not attach X3 gimbal to the Osmo to update the
                                                                    firmware.

•                                                                 Follow Me feature now supported in Intelligent Flight Mode.

•                                                                 Optimized HDR performance.

•                                                                 Adjusted video storage rate to 60 Mbps at 1080p60, and 40 Mbps at 1080p30.

•                                                                 Added a feature to smooth the pitch, roll and yaw movement of the X3 gimbal from the DJI GO app.

•                                                                 Enforced read-only access for the data in the flight recorder.

•                                                                 Optimized sampling methods for the Vision Position System to improve its stability.

[size=13.000000pt]Notes:

•                                                                 Hibernation and gimbal protection is not supported on the Inspire 1 X3 gimbal.

•                                                                 Battery firmware is included in this All-in-One firmware update. Update all Intelligent Flight Batteries
                                                                    by using this firmware.

•                                                                 The firmware can only be downgraded to v1.4.10 or later.

•                                                                 Calibrate the Inspire 1 X3 gimbal when using it on the Osmo for the first time.

•                                                                 Only use Inspire 1 aircraft to update the Inspire 1 X3 gimbal. Do not use this firmware to update the
                                                                    Osmo gimbal.

[size=9.000000pt]© 2015 [size=9.000000pt]DJI All Rights Reserved

[size=14.000000pt]INSPIRE 1 Release Notes

[size=14.000000pt]2015.9.7

[size=13.000000pt]Overview:
                                                [size=12.000000pt]1. [size=12.000000pt]All-in-One Firmware version updated to [size=12.000000pt]v1.4.0.10.
                                                [size=13.000000pt]What’s New[size=13.000000pt]:

•                                                                 Added Intelligent Flight Modes including Point of Interest and Waypoint.

•                                                                 A three minute cool down period is triggered when the gimbal is overloaded.

[size=13.000000pt]Bug Fixes:
                                                [size=12.000000pt]1. [size=11.000000pt]Fixed the bug that caused the Intelligent Flight Battery to display inaccurate battery levels after self- discharging.

2016-9-5
Use props
Rinus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

JKT Posted at 2016-9-6 01:49
Well after many months I decided to charge my batteries today and I just found out that two of my ba ...

Hi,

After following these steps the battery where saved...

http://droneownersnetwork.com/how-to-revive-a-bricked-dji-battery-new/

Or watch the YouTube video:

Rinus
2016-9-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Rinus Posted at 2016-9-6 02:16
Hi Ken,

I have found a work around. Now 1 battery is charging again. Make a test hover flight thi ...

That's great
2016-9-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

JKT Posted at 2016-9-6 07:49
Well after many months I decided to charge my batteries today and I just found out that two of my ba ...

The video may help, DJI highly recommends not doing anything like that as it can be extremely dangerous.
2016-9-6
Use props
Rinus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-6 16:43
The video may help, DJI highly recommends not doing anything like that as it can be extremely dang ...

Hi Ken,

MayBe DJI can offer this as a service in the repair centre?.
It looks like there are more people with this poblem.

Rinus
2016-9-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Rinus Posted at 2016-9-7 01:03
Hi Ken,

MayBe DJI can offer this as a service in the repair centre?.

I don't believe DJi would ever offer this as it can be a dangerous fix.
2016-9-6
Use props
Justin Canose
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62651 ft
United States

I'm having a similar, maybe almost the same issue. TB47 is plugged in and trying to charge but only the fourth (4th) LED light blinks twice over and over again. I just received the Inspire as a gift and I don't know how long it has been sitting.
2018-1-7
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Justin Canose Posted at 2018-1-7 19:41
I'm having a similar, maybe almost the same issue. TB47 is plugged in and trying to charge but only the fourth (4th) LED light blinks twice over and over again. I just received the Inspire as a gift and I don't know how long it has been sitting.

2018-1-7
Use props
djiuser_0WQdAtnKtX7o
lvl.1

United States

I have a brand new inspire 1 TB48 battery. I tried to charge for the first time and the on and off button shows red. Two of the four charging lights are blinking green. The battery is bad right?
2019-1-27
Use props
campbell1987
New
United Kingdom

I have a Mavic Pro Platinum, it recently got lost and spent a night in the rain ruining the board in the battery, The cells are still good, they were all around 3v when i got it and have capacity tested good on my icharger x8, Now i bought a puffed battery from eBay that was at 0v so LVC was active but board physically undamaged, With the 3s LiHv Pack fully charged i swapped them into the battery with the 3 puffed 0v cells, First i got the 3 blink error (Overcharge detected) so i discharged a bit and now charger recognized it and completed a charge (not from empty) but when i connect it to the Mavic and power it on it shuts off a second or two after automatically, Would anyone have any ideas how i could possibly revive this bricked battery? Soldering is a 100% professional job before anyone asks.... ;-)
2020-7-3
Use props
KenWiesner
New

Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-2 10:50
This is the warning you are seeing while on the charger correct ? This usually indicates an out of balance cell or cells.
LED2 blinks twice per second: Over current detected

I had the three flashes and a pause happening.  I opened the case and it turned out there was water inside.  The Mavic itself dried out and works fine.  The battery didn't show problems for a week.  The water was in there for a week but I didn't know.  I am letting it dry now and will reassemble and see if it goes back to normal.  ( I've been building lithium battery packs for RC aircraft for years up to 60 volts and delivering 200amps watts of current )    Nothing got hot or puffed so the cells should be OK still.
2021-1-15
Use props
djiuser_snwzl8gtLiZh
New

United States

I just opened my new DJI FPV.  The battery was dead. I plugged it in and it just flashes all 4 lights 3 times per second.  It won’t charge.  I’ve never used it.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
2021-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules