Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Formatting card
5147 8 2016-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

When do you need to format the sd card?
The app asks me often if I want to format the card. When you do, it erases the .bin file used to update the firmware.
So, when does card need to be formatted? It seems to make no difference other than erasing the .bin file.
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Formatting SD cards is usually required to make them compatible with the device that they will be used with. We would advise you to format the SD card in the DJI GO App.
If you'd like to format it with your own PC, please format it as FAT32, cluster size 32KB for a card with capacity of smaller than 32GB, and exFAT, cluster size 128KB for a card with capacity of larger than 32GB.
Please note that if you don't format the SD card with the proper cluster size, you may be reminded constantly to format it, or SD card will reject to record the video, or other abnormal appearances may happen.
2016-3-1
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>

I tried re-formatting it with my computer. It was already FAT32 with 32KB cluster. But I re-formatted it anyway. On starting up the Inspire It asked me if I wanted to format the card.
The Camera is recording images fine, so, I am ignoring it.
{:2_33:}
2016-3-5
Use props
Zbounce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 181125 ft
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-3-5 22:40
I tried re-formatting it with my computer. It was already FAT32 with 32KB cluster. But I re-formatte ...

Format from the app?
2016-3-6
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

You can format the SD card on the Aircraft. Go to the Main Go app page.  Fire all equipment up like you are going to fly.  Load Sd card in aircraft that you want to format.  On the camera settings ( FarRight on app screen )  go to the Tool Icon.  scroll down to format SD Card.  Piece of Cake

Cheers-donnie
2016-3-6
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>

The DJI GO app asks me every time I turn on the aircraft if I want to format the card. I have done it in the aircraft and it erases the firmware .bin file as well as the result file.
When I load pictures into my computer, I delete the pictures / videos only. So why does the app ask me every time if I want to format?
2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-3-7 10:25
The DJI GO app asks me every time I turn on the aircraft if I want to format the card. I have done i ...

It may be the kind of card you are using. And you only need the BIN file on the SD card for when you update. After that you can delete the files. After updating firmware, install each battery so if the update has a battery update you can update each battery. After that, there's no reason to leave the anything on the card besides your photos/videos.
2016-3-6
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>

It's the 16 gb micro sd card that came with the X5 Camera.
OK, that answers that. I thought you needed to keep the .bin file on the card all the time.
Could this be why the app always asks me if I want to format the card?
2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-3-7 10:54
It's the 16 gb micro sd card that came with the X5 Camera.
OK, that answers that. I thought you nee ...

Possibly, format the SD card and see if it clears it up.
2016-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules