Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ahhh now i get it...
841 2 2016-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.3

Canada

Dji was too busy producing promo videos for the P4 so the X5/R Osmo adapter is on the back burner... lol
2016-3-2
Use props
Casey Preston
lvl.3

Here's my current theory on the wait.  By the way, isn't it great that we get to just keep making up conspiracy theories rather than just getting some answers?

Anyway, my theory is based on a couple of factors.  First, up until the great Osmo firmware bricking debacle, DJI was releasing firmware updates every few weeks rather they improved the software or not.  Since then, nothing.  Also, DJI recently posted on this forum that they were looking for beta testers.  Another factor is that there appears to be a mismatch component hardware issue based on the video drift, audio clicks, shadow flickering, and reports of gimbals malfunctioning or breaking for no good reason.

So here is what I'm thinking.  Reports finally got up to DJI management that the gimbal team was incompetent.  The final straw was the the bricked Osmos, which directly affected DJI's bottom line.  Therefore, management stepped in, possibly replaced some employees and supervision, and required that the group actually prove that their products work before being dumped on the public.  Unfortunately, DJI is already saddled with the current X5 and Osmo hardware and is forced to find workarounds for design issues that may not exist.  They might be trying to figure out how to implement some tricks into the X5 adapter and X5R that will overcome the limitations of the hardware.  The adapter itself should just be a dumb adapter that just passes through signal and repositions the gimbal unless they are hoping to fix some circuit issues.  They might even be redesigning some of the components on the X5R.  The body of the X5R appears to be different, at the very least.   In the end, I think the hold up is all of the errors that the gimbal team has made are coming back to haunt them and a decision was made at the upper levels of DHI that nothing new was being released on the X5/X5R side until the errors and mistakes were proven to be corrected.
2016-3-2
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.3

Canada

Great theory.
2016-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules