Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flight record telemetry in DJI Pilot App
7846 22 2015-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
abe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

After flying my Inspire, I noticed that when I click on User Center in the Pilot app, there's a detailed flight record of every flight I made. When I select one of the flights, it actually plays back an animation of the flight on the map. I'm able to do all of this without the app being connected to the aircraft or controller. This is very cool!

Question for DJI -- there's a small cloud at the top right, and when I press it, it looks like it sends the flight records up to a cloud somewhere. Is that creating a backup of my flights in your cloud?

2015-1-7
Use props
ghoonk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

That seems to be the case. I can't find any flight records on DJI.com, and it's to on Skypixel either, so I have no idea where it's going to...

Perhaps a DJI representative could shed some light on this
2015-1-7
Use props
abe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's what I just learned. The records are definitely uploaded to the DJI cloud, and from there they can be synced with your other devices running the DJI Pilot app. I uploaded the records from my iPhone running the Pilot app. Then I ran the Pilot app on my iPad and pressed the same cloud button, and sure enough the records downloaded and appeared there as well.

Feature enhancement suggestion for DJI: As long as you are syncing flight records across devices, please also sync app settings across devices. For example, if I select Imperial as the Unit of Measurement on my iPhone, automatically set it the same on my iPad. Thanks!
2015-1-7
Use props
ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

ghoonk Posted at 2015-1-8 13:12
That seems to be the case. I can't find any flight records on DJI.com, and it's to on Skypixel eithe ...

yeah  .

We will announce it if more functions update.

Best
2015-1-19
Use props
kianooshzare.em
lvl.1

Iran

ytao Posted at 2015-1-19 18:01
yeah  . By now, The online view of flight record has  not been  ready yet.

We will announce it on ...

ok . can dji list all of job that working on it for inspire 1?
we want to know this bird finally will have what ability s  
I am waiting for some of them but I didn't know this futures will be add finally or not ...
it's very bad that customers didn't know what  did Bought from dji
emmm....can you?
2015-1-19
Use props
ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
China

kianooshzare.em Posted at 2015-1-19 18:55
ok . can dji list all of job that working on it for inspire 1?
we want to know this bird finally w ...

This is a quite general question... and general questions always come with rough answers, don't they...?

We will keep polishing it. So plz feel free to post ur ideas about inspire on this forum!
Any bug reports, suggestions will be appreciated.

Best

2015-1-19
Use props
kianooshzare.em
lvl.1

Iran

ytao Posted at 2015-1-19 19:56
This is a quite general question... and general questions always come with rough answers, don't the ...

yes .Indeed
but you know. We are not lawyers.
We are customers who pre-order with complete confidence
also we are waiting that dji complate our bought, Patiently and faithfully
and we have an only one demand :
that is : Dji change it's policy about public relations...
Sincerity and honesty, not conservatism.
How may we can feel free to suggest  when the road ahead is dark.
If you want costumers support you in Experiments that have been shared on it please share your data and see maters in point of customers .
I think many of DJI fams Confirm me.
we support dji and wait for you , only if you want and open this way for us  to shaking your hand
2015-1-19
Use props
ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
China

kianooshzare.em Posted at 2015-1-19 21:28
yes .Indeed
We are customers who pre-order with complete confiden ...

I do not really understand ur questions.

I mean no offence and Sorry for my poor english if any offensive words come out.

I shall refer this to my colleague  since I do not hv a clear clue what is ur demands...

Best...
2015-1-19
Use props
kianooshzare.em
lvl.1

Iran

ytao Posted at 2015-1-19 22:39
I do not really understand ur questions.

I mean no offence and Sorry for my poor english if any r ...

thanks ytao .
2015-1-19
Use props
ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
China

we sum ur questions:
1.can dji list all of the job that working on it for inspire 1?
It is hard to list because bug fix comes the first. And our work changes considering these bugs/ custome' advice. I really am unable to answer it.
2.please share your data
At this time period, we are polishing flight record. Actually what we want is that customers can detect what the problem is according to the flight record.  some data maybe helpful while we may not record it in this version app and the data format may be changed if more things should be added. That's why we do not open the another ways to access of flight record data online. On the other hand, app now works well in reviewing the data and u do own them because it is right there in you app/document folder...

Hope I answered u question....
2015-1-19
Use props
kianooshzare.em
lvl.1

Iran

ytao Posted at 2015-1-19 22:59
we sum ur questions:
It is hard to  ...

thanks it is a really clear and complete answer .
can dji make a daily blog that we can find details of changes , developing program , official news and important warnings ?
it is to hard that we daily read all posts of this forum.
I am waiting to complete way-point system . and I open download page 10 time per each day for new updates.
if I know this ability will not  come this month i will wait and it will be long for 2 or 3 month i must reorder other bird for complete my project
when i pre-order inspire no one didn't  say : inspire will not have way-point for long time!
but at all I love inspire and dji team too.
2015-1-19
Use props
kianooshzare.em
lvl.1

Iran

ytao Posted at 2015-1-19 22:59
we sum ur questions:
It is hard to  ...

can dji make a daily blog that we can find details of changes , developing program , official news and important warnings ?
it is to hard that we daily read all posts of this forum.
I am waiting to complete way-point system . and I open download page 10 time per each day for new updates.
if I know this ability will not  come this month i will wait and it will be long for 2 or 3 month i must reorder other bird for complete my project
when i pre-order inspire no one didn't  say : inspire will not have way-point for long time!
but at all I love inspire and dji team too.
2015-1-19
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
China

kianooshzare.em Posted at 2015-1-19 23:30
can dji make a daily blog that we can find deta ...

I pass this to my colleague. he is taking over.

Best~
2015-1-19
Use props
ghoonk
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

kianooshzare.em Posted at 2015-1-19 21:28
yes .Indeed
We are customers who pre-order with complete confiden ...

I'm not even sure that's a fair statement. The only current lapse I can see that DJI has not entirely delivered is the iOS app (for those who missed the boat installing it when it was available earlier).

As far as I am concerned, I got what I purchased - the quad, the battery, the charger, the radio, etc. It flies as it was expected to, and DJI does not owe me anything else beyond what I paid for as an early adopter of a new product, as would be the case in ANY new product released by ANY company. I expected batteries to be out of stock, and have already placed orders for additional batteries (two of which have been shipped already and are passing through HK to my address; another two were ordered today).

I am, however, thankful for:

1. DJI owning up to potential prop issues and sending out prop guards to registered owners by way of their distribution partners/channels (if you've bought one from a grey market dealer, you might be out of luck)

2. 24/7 support for the Inspire - I've used it a number of times, and have been satisfied with the response time and the answers provided.

Overall, the Inspire is a better product compared to my Phantom 2. It's faster, more agile, more stable, shoots better quality photos (compared to my GoPro), and the video quality is good enough for me. I do not, however, see DJI owing me anything - anything else I get, I am grateful for.
2015-1-19
Use props
ghoonk
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

kianooshzare.em Posted at 2015-1-19 23:28
can dji make a daily blog that we can find deta ...

You're right - it would be good if DJI was able to publish or communicate key updates directly to owners. This could be done through the PM system on this board, or through our profile / email when we registered our product with DJI.

Examples of such updates could include:
- new Android/iOS firmware, complete with a high level change log
- known bugs, e.g. IMU issues, props, etc

I do not, however, expect DJI to publish or share features that are in development. That is above and beyond the spec/features that we have purchased, and such feature roadmaps are usually company confidential, and rarely obligatory.
At no point did DJI confirm that they WILL deliver waypoint routing or Follow Me. They shared that these were features they were considering or working on, and nothing more. As far as any company is concerned, you get what you pay for - covered in the spec sheet. And the spec sheet does not mention waypoint routing, POI, or follow-me functionality.
2015-1-19
Use props
ghoonk
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

kianooshzare.em Posted at 2015-1-19 23:43
thanks good news
but he didn't talk any think about way-point automatic flight ?

Nope. Waypoint was something they said they were working on. It was not a listed feature at ANY point in time. Saying that "We're working on it" does not mean imply in any way that DJI is giving that feature away for free, or even bringing it to market.

Likewise, the fact that the camera/gimbal is modular does not mean that DJI is obliged to bring to market any other camera/gimbal modules. The fact that I would like DJI to bring an upgraded camera (APS-C/full frame, 18MP, 4k) to market does not oblige them to do so.
2015-1-19
Use props
kianooshzare.em
lvl.1

United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 2015-1-19 23:36
I pass this to my colleague. he is taking over.

i do flight record & simulator

thanks good news
but he didn't talk any think about way-point automatic flight ?
2015-1-19
Use props
kianooshzare.em
lvl.1

United States

ghoonk Posted at 2015-1-19 23:50
Nope. Waypoint was something they said they were working on. It was not a listed feature at ANY po ...

thanks for your reply
1: but you compile 1000$ bird with 3000$ inspire?  it's not true compare

2: dji compare an A2 + light-bridge  in inspire and screenshots of inspire apps have a way on map so like ground-station . it' logical Conclusion that inspire come with way-point system.

I love dji inspire but i think it is a Lamborghini with 1970 technology   . I know dji inventors have many idea for it's app that we newer see some think like that.
don't compare it with   phantom

2015-1-19
Use props
ghoonk
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

kianooshzare.em Posted at 2015-1-20 00:08
thanks for your replay
1: but you compare 1000$ bird with 3000$ inspire?  it's not true compare

Again, an assumption does not make it fact.

A DJI Phantom Vision+ has waypoint routing. That, in no way, implies that the Inspire has it. Different product.

The A2 has certain functionality. But the Inspire doesn't have an A2 chip, right? So how did you arrive at the conclusion that the functionality exists in the Inspire?

The Inspire is a product. There is a feature list and a spec sheet. That tells you what you're getting. Nothing more, and nothing less. Anything less, you get to kick up a fuss about. The original spec sheet mentioned iOS support and recommended iOS devices. DJI (for now) dropped support - as customers, we have a right to raise our concerns, demand refunds, etc - BECAUSE IT WAS ADVERTISED AS SUCH.
You saw the geofencing feature and assumed it was waypoint routing, didn't you?
2015-1-19
Use props
kianooshzare.em
lvl.1

United States

ghoonk Posted at 2015-1-20 00:13
Again, an assumption does not make it fact.

A DJI Phantom Vision+ has waypoint routing. That, in n ...

I think inspire made from a wish. not from a fact
we pre-order this wish and share on it with dji.
we pey to dji to coming true this wish.
ios app will be supported soon and so abut way-point. but...
i think dji must was a little  Patient  to offering inspire!
However it was hard for Dji and so for me !
2015-1-19
Use props
ghoonk
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Yes, I'd agree - we could be constructive and let DJI know what features we would like to see. As a community, we can help by identifying key features we would like to see, vote on it to provide DJI with an idea of which features are more popular.

Likewise, why not set up a page like Massdrop meets Kickstarter - we could identify features we want to see, and contribute (like Kickstarter) to get features we want. e.g. I would love to have significantly improved camera performance, at the same level as a Canon 5D MkII or Mk III, and be prepared to pay USD1500 for it. If enough people are keen and commit to the project, it could point DJI in the right direction - early adopters would be the first to get their hands on the new modules/features, with the understanding that it will be as good/correct as DJI can get it to us, with the intention to resolve bugs/issues along the way.
2015-1-19
Use props
duplenne.email
New

France

Good to know thanks
2015-1-19
Use props
fans14a333ab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251283 ft
Spain

Great discussion, but I'm missing the answer to the original question:

please, how can we reach the "Flight record telemetry" information? (outside of the app)

Thanks again! Regards
2017-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules