Drone Regulations/Licencing in France/Europe
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alpinekiwi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54803 ft
France

I am getting some small-time flak regarding not being licenced to fly my P3S here in France.

I am not selling my footage/images from my drone, just personal projects (or, for fun!).

I understand the rules pertaining to flying my drone and respect them.

I would, in fact, be keen to find out about obtaining a commercial drone licence, but have no idea where to start looking. Google shows me nothing in this. If a UK licence is valid in France, then that may well be easier to obtain (my French is fine, but with important things like this maybe just doing it in English would be easier). I am a professional photographer, registered here in France and if I was able to get a commercial drone licence, I'll go ahead and grab a better drone and start making money off it. Why not.

Does anyone on here know anything about this?
2016-3-2
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

There's no such thing as a drone licence in the UK.  What you need is Permission for Aerial Work  (PfAW) from the CAA.  All it means is the CAA give you permission to earn money using your drone.  Unfortunately, the CAA only cover the UK, so they can't give you permission to work anywhere else.  Just as the FAA can't give you permission to work in the UK.  There is no licence.
2016-3-2
Use props
johnsr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

The place to start for information about amateur or professional drone flying in France is the environmental ministry's web site: Drones civils: loisir? activité professionnelle?. You can download detailed guides for either activity there.
Have fun & good flying!
2016-3-3
Use props
johnsr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Just a remark, all the French news services are currently excited about a near collision on February 19th between an Air France Airbus A320 (Paris-Barcelona) on approach at Roissy airport at 5500 feet and a drone (no word on what kind as the case is now under investigation). The new legislation (December 2015) had improved things, but this news will certainly not make things any easier for us here.
2016-3-4
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Your UK Drone license won't necessarily apply in France.

There's a good guide on the European variance in regulation here - https://www.heliguy.com/blog/201 ... -drone-regulations/
2017-10-31
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Barney2k Posted at 2017-10-31 03:52
Your UK Drone license won't necessarily apply in France.

There's a good guide on the European variance in regulation here - https://www.heliguy.com/blog/2016/06/14/heliguys-guide-to-global-drone-regulations/

I think he might have received his answer way back .... note the date stamp under his first post :

2016-3-2 13:42:36

No worries - we all pick up on old threads ...

Cheers
Nigel
2017-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules