Need Phantom 3 Pro hard reset instructions
39469 24 2016-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
positiveviewpoi
lvl.1

Red light "screaming" during firmware update. LOL. They want me to send it back. Before I do, as a DIY guy I'd rather try than wait the 4-8 week turnaround.
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, it might be the failure of the upgrade, you can try to restart the aircraft and wait for 20 minutes again. If the problem still persist, please try to export the hidden log files in the SD card.
2016-3-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Did you get it fixed or need help ? iS THE AIRCRAFT  NOT UPDATING OR THE TRANSMITTER ,  i CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO RESET THE TRANSMITTER BUT LETS START HERE: WHICH ONE IS GIVING YOU  GRIEF, THE AIRCRAFT UPDATE OR TRANSMITTER UPDATE?  
Check these basics :
- The RC transmitter  is updated through the DJI Go App and not the SD card.  After 1.3 all updates are this way (ON TRANSMITTER).
-Always update the aircraft first-
-Make sure you download the proper firmware.  If you have the Pro make sure not downloading for the Advanced or standard.
-Make sure you only download the Bin File to a FRESH FORMATTED SD CARD.
-Make sure transmitter is NOT on when downloading Firmware to aircraft ( VERY IMPORTANT)
-When installing SD with fresh  firmware  card in Aircraft make sure it is off. Then turn on aircraft, the firmware will then load.
-YOU
Can jump from 1.3 to the current update .  Edit  ( I clarified an eralier mistake )  -All the firmware numbers  for the RC - aircraft- Go App - Camera WONT BE THE SAME . For example the current aircraft firmware is 1.6.0.40  but the RC Firmware is 1.5.70.  A LOT  OF  FOLKS GET CONFUSED ON THIS   (Including Yours Truly when first starting out.)
-sometimes only the aircraft gets an update.  Read the pdf on the dowloads page so you know whats going on for example 1.6.0.40 is only for the aircraft and batteries.
-Make sure to read what each update is effecting. For example 1.6.0.4.0 will require each battery to be updated as well. Keep Informed.

-Macs  sometimes dont format SD cards well.
-Updates sometimes take a while, what for the tone to change to d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd
-If you hear a long dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd   it has failed.
-updating is not an option for just the aircraft, if there is also an update at that time for the transmitter you MUST do it.

I hope this helps,  -donnie

2016-3-4
Use props
claudioNC
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Which kind of
... (help) ...
step is that Donnie?!
Reversed, unsettled, indecisive, gym, up&down, is a joke, a typo?
A stepping distraction?

"You must stairstep 1.4 to 1.3 to 1.5 to 1.6"
2017-7-4
Use props
claudioNC
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-4 13:37
Did you get it fixed or need help ? iS THE AIRCRAFT  NOT UPDATING OR THE TRANSMITTER ,  i CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO RESET THE TRANSMITTER BUT LETS START HERE: WHICH ONE IS GIVING YOU  GRIEF, THE AIRCRAFT UPDATE OR TRANSMITTER UPDATE?  
Check thes basics :
- The RC is updated through the DJI Go App and not the SD card.  After 1.3 all updates are this way ON TRANSMITTER .

And why you wrote: "... when downloading Firmware to aircraft"?
Inserting a memory card in the slot is not a download.
2017-7-4
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

claudioNC Posted at 2017-7-4 13:06
Which kind of
... (help) ...
step is that Donnie?!

That was a "Gym "  ( of course it could be "Reversed, unsettled, indecisive".  I will let you deciude ....but I digress) .  You can jump from 1.3 to the current updates , you Cannot do this on say version 1.2 to the latest updates , you would need to update to 1.2.1 to 1.2.06  then  From the 1.3 you can jump .
Thanks for the Chortle ( hearty  belly laugh )

donnie
2017-7-6
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

claudioNC Posted at 2017-7-4 13:17
And why you wrote: "... when downloading Firmware to aircraft"?
Inserting a memory card in the slot is not a download.

This is what I wrote:
Make sure transmitter is NOT on when downloading Firmware to aircraft ( VERY IMPORTANT)

The point I was making is that if you have a downloaded SD card with the latest update  ( On the SD card ) you dont want to turn on the RC transmitter as it can cause a "NO Image " warning on the Go app and the Aircraft camera would need to be sent in for repair.  

Anything else you need translated ? LOL

donnie

2017-7-6
Use props
claudioNC
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-6 08:00
This is what I wrote:
Make sure transmitter is NOT on when downloading Firmware to aircraft ( VERY IMPORTANT)

Donnie, please, these are two distinct, separate things, you as an expert, if have some logic (logic and rigor in technology are absolutely indispensable), cannot write a such inaccurate and misleading information.
Don't slip on mirrors.
If I did not know these steps well enough, but I am not totally sure about this, I would have had many doubts about what that means and what to do, especially since I am not English native.
Me, as any other one, looking for infos, helps from someone considered expert, has first to interpret a distorted, wrong information?
Come on!

This is the point you have to realize.
2017-7-6
Use props
Sethgreth
lvl.1

United States

Check these basics :
- The RC transmitter  is updated through the DJI Go App and not the SD card.  After 1.3 all updates are this way (ON TRANSMITTER).

Hey! Thanks for the helpful tips. I just got my drone about 2 weeks ago, phantom 3 pro, and while I was updating the firmware for the controller and drone I did that thing you put in bold not to do, update them at the same time ( connected ). The transmitter/ controller was connected as I was updating it and the drone was updating as well. So now I need to know as I’ve literally scoured the Internet with no luck and Emaiked DJI STILL with no luck of how to fix it. Anything I can do wether it’s downgrading both to do the update again? Please help, you’re my last hope as of now. I’m a bit new to this but know my way around tech. I have the update log as well if you wanna see it let me know. The log was a ll success except one just said ”upgrading...” and no answer. Thanks a million!!!!
2017-8-25
Use props
Sethgreth
lvl.1

United States

Check these basics :

Also here is  a screenshot of what the lroblem is/ what I see.Album here
2017-8-25
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Sethgreth Posted at 2017-8-25 21:15
Hey! Thanks for the helpful tips. I just got my drone about 2 weeks ago, phantom 3 pro, and while I was updating the firmware for the controller and drone I did that thing you put in bold not to do, update them at the same time ( connected ). The transmitter/ controller was connected as I was updating it and the drone was updating as well. So now I need to know as I’ve literally scoured the Internet with no luck and Emaiked DJI STILL with no luck of how to fix it. Anything I can do wether it’s downgrading both to do the update again? Please help, you’re my last hope as of now. I’m a bit new to this but know my way around tech. I have the update log as well if you wanna see it let me know. The log was a ll success except one just said ”upgrading...” and no answer. Thanks a million!!!!

Do you have live video to the go app device  ?  that is what can happen but not always . ( no live vido as it can corrupt the video module ).

What symptoms do you have NOW.

Are you up to date on both the RC and AC as well  ?
Also you may not be linked between the AC and the RC , have you tried to re link the AC to the Rc transmitter , if  you cant start the motors be sure to do this , If you can start the motors then dont .  

Let me know

donnie
2017-8-26
Use props
Sethgreth
lvl.1

United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-26 05:26
Do you have live video to the go app device  ?  that is what can happen but not always . ( no live vido as it can corrupt the video module ).

No, I have no live video to the go app. Only the DJI logo shows, and the top left says “ready to go (vision)” ive had no live video since I’ve updated the controller and drone. Also need to mention I updated the controller and the drone at the same time, while they were connected. I know that’s something your not supposed to do now, but I didn’t know then.But,
The odd thing is that if I hit record and take a clip then try to view it in the app it still shows the logo for the recording and will “play” the recording with only the same “DJI” logo for the duration of the clip. BUT if I import the footage to my computer it’s a regular clip of what the camera saw, 4K and everything, like nothing was wrong. I’m just not getting a live view on the app. Apps up to date and controller and drone updated as well. Everything is up to date.

Thanks Donnie so much for the help, looking forward to your reply.
2017-8-26
Use props
Sethgreth
lvl.1

United States

Oh and I’ve tried to delink the transmitter and the drone, and it links still with no video. The motors start up fine and I can fly the drone perfectly fine, just no video signal.
2017-8-26
Use props
Sethgreth
lvl.1

United States

Oh and I’ve tried to re link the transmitter and the drone, and it links still with no video. The motors start up fine and I can fly the drone perfectly fine, just no video signal.
2017-8-26
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Sethgreth Posted at 2017-8-26 10:32
No, I have no live video to the go app. Only the DJI logo shows, and the top left says “ready to go (vision)” ive had no live video since I’ve updated the controller and drone. Also need to mention I updated the controller and the drone at the same time, while they were connected. I know that’s something your not supposed to do now, but I didn’t know then.But,
The odd thing is that if I hit record and take a clip then try to view it in the app it still shows the logo for the recording and will “play” the recording with only the same “DJI” logo for the duration of the clip. BUT if I import the footage to my computer it’s a regular clip of what the camera saw, 4K and everything, like nothing was wrong. I’m just not getting a live view on the app. Apps up to date and controller and drone updated as well. Everything is up to date.

Hate to tell you this but more than likely the "encoder " module on the AC  camera is corrupted or broken . Updating the AC and Rc can cause this  or even having the RC on when updating the AC can do this as well .... NOT always , but I have found a definite correlation between having them both on and  then getting No LIVE video .  
The "Encoder " mpdule on the Aircrafts camera get "Screwed Up "( technical term )  basiucally corruptedd or broken but regardless needs to go to DJI repair center for reprogramming or repalcement of the module ,  the cost of replacement is almost  equal to the cost of New camera but if it is only corrupted  cost about 100 US dollars from what I have been told .  If you are sitll under warrenty it my get covered but if not ............

The best way to confirm this diagnosis is to look at the Hidden file on the SD card from the most recent update , If you still have it on the SD card  fine , if not just reload  the latest FW to the SD a nd install it once again , It will not update anything but it will record the Log and that is  what we need to see.

I have a link on how to view the hidden file below -  we want to see lines 0800 and 1500 , if they say "Device not Connected " then we know the module is broken or corrupted and needs to go in for service , there is NO fix for this other than going to a repair facility.  More than likely , if you are up to date or at the very least on compatible FW then this is the problem , I have seen this 50 times or more  I do understand the camera works fully otherewise and you can record and take Pics, but the problem is in the Video module that  transmit 's the live pics to the go app .

How to View Hidden Files: Tool to  diagnose No signal and SD  Issues

Let me know .

*** The ONLY othere thing it could be is if you updated the AC and NOT the RC tranmsitter , this could casue the NO video siganl , but if you are sure you are updated then check the Hidden File .
Below is an example of the Device Not Detected on lines 080 and 1500 - this  is is from another Version of FW  and AC t system but gives you the basic Idea of what you are looking for .  Be sure to look at the VERY BOTOM of the page for the most Recent Firware update, the Initial FW  will be on the top of the page ( log )

This is an example of the Device Not Detected file that I think you have

This is an example of the Device Not Detected file that I think you have
2017-8-28
Use props
Sethgreth
lvl.1

United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-28 05:02
Hate to tell you this but more than likely the "encoder " module on the AC  camera is corrupted or broken . Updating the AC and Rc can cause this  or even having the RC on when updating the AC can do this as well .... NOT always , but I have found a definite correlation between having them both on and  then getting No LIVE video .  
The "Encoder " mpdule on the Aircrafts camera get "Screwed Up "( technical term )  basiucally corruptedd or broken but regardless needs to go to DJI repair center for reprogramming or repalcement of the module ,  the cost of replacement is almost  equal to the cost of New camera but if it is only corrupted  cost about 100 US dollars from what I have been told .  If you are sitll under warrenty it my get covered but if not ............

Hey donnie, I followed the instructions and my log does say device not detected multiple times. Ill link it here. Im going to try and do what one of the folks at DJI emailed me about (Been talking to them too) and if all else fails ill send it in for repairs. If device isn't detected how can i still fly and record, just not see the recording? thanks

http://imgur.com/a/2rWay
2017-8-29
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Sethgreth Posted at 2017-8-29 09:48
Hey donnie, I followed the instructions and my log does say device not detected multiple times. Ill link it here. Im going to try and do what one of the folks at DJI emailed me about (Been talking to them too) and if all else fails ill send it in for repairs. If device isn't detected how can i still fly and record, just not see the recording? thanks

http://imgur.com/a/2rWay

The log you sent was from the very bottom of the page correct ?
Now you can fly and start the motors but no live video is that correct ?

Have you ever updated the Ac and the Rc in the Past ?

let me know , we will go from there

Odd to see all the Device Not detected warning like that , here is a list of what the codes mean . The camera ones seem ok but NOT updated from what I see. very strange indeed .

*** You may wish to rollback the FW on the system ( the Aircraft ) and then re load it again

donnie

Log meaning 0800 1500 etc.png
2017-8-30
Use props
Sethgreth
lvl.1

United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-30 04:23

The log i sent was from the bottom of the page, Yes.
before the update i had video, since i updated the aircraft and RC controller, Ive still been able to fly / start motors but it never showed video ever after that update.

I have not updated the AC or RC in the past. the previous owner idk, but he had live downlink/ feed on his app and since i updated i don't.

How do i rollback the Firmware ? Is it through the app? Thanks. Im on a mac if it helps.
2017-8-30
Use props
Sethgreth
lvl.1

United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-30 04:23

MASSIVE EDIT!!!!!

Okay so. The log i sent you was from a fresh SD card. I got a 64g micro sd yesterday and put the current firmware on it, and had the drone go through the updating process. That log was from THIS CARD, the new 64 g.

Today, like 5 mins ago i just brought it outside to test fly and i got Signal!!!!! BUTTT it was for about 15 seconds and it started to glitch back to the black screen w DJI logo. Ill send you a photo http://imgur.com/a/pFJze
2017-8-30
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Sethgreth Posted at 2017-8-30 10:39
MASSIVE EDIT!!!!!

Okay so. The log i sent you was from a fresh SD card. I got a 64g micro sd yesterday and put the current firmware on it, and had the drone go through the updating process. That log was from THIS CARD, the new 64 g.
When you re ;oaded the Fw with the new SD card did it go through the normal update beping or did it not beep at all ?  If it did the beeping then you may ahve not been fully updated before .  Getting video now is a good sign .

So you did get signal and video Fine if just for a short period of time .

after you updated the Ac , did you update the Rc to the most current FW for that as well ?  Keep in mind there may have been older updates , look on the aircraft Staus page and see if the system is still asking for updates .  The aircraft Staus page is on the same page as the update fpr the comapss anc the IMU .   You will want to see if the system wants to be updated further .

What are you using for the go app device ?   Is it an  approved device ? Is it an iPad or what, make sure it is on the approved list .

Can you try another cable from the go app device to the RC transmitter as well ?

donnie
2017-8-31
Use props
rudyasho
lvl.3
Flight distance : 547320 ft
Indonesia

Update your aircarft with latest firmware by dji assistant 2 ..  and than your remote controler to.

Until you have done.
Linking your controler with aircraft  in dji go.

And finallost calibrate your imu.

Well done
2017-8-31
Use props
SkyCamera
lvl.1
United States

rudyasho Posted at 2017-8-31 09:30
Update your aircarft with latest firmware by dji assistant 2 ..  and than your remote controler to.

Until you have done.

It's P3P, no way to use assistance 2 to upgrade firmware.
2017-8-31
Use props
fans3fe859b5
New
Flight distance : 71814 ft
Greece

I have a problem with Phantom 3 Pro, RC update was required, I downloaded it and then I pressed upgrade. The upgrade was interrupted and now every time pressing "upgrade" says "upgrade failed". The indicator light is white and the next to it the first 2 lights are solid white and the 3rd is blinking. Also I have no connection from RC to the Drone. What can I do? How to reset or something like that? I have tried the combo C1, C2, record, camera settings and shutter but nothing happened. Thanks
2017-9-16
Use props
fans032f1fc6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 502858 ft
Spain

hi, i have the same problem, i can't use video, i think i did the update with the rc on, there is any way to solve it?
2017-10-16
Use props
fans032f1fc6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 502858 ft
Spain

Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2015.10.07 17:10:24 =====================
Upgrading ...

========== 2017.10.15 22:54:48 =====================
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

========== 2017.10.15 22:56:47 =====================

========== 2017.10.15 23:01:45 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2017.10.15 23:16:46 =====================
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:15 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.09.0060.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2017.10.16 00:58:38 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.09.0060.bin, P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin
Result: Forbidden.
Multiple version firmware bin files are detected. Please delete the redundant bin file.

========== 2017.10.16 00:59:47 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.09.0060.bin, P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin
Result: Forbidden.
Multiple version firmware bin files are detected. Please delete the redundant bin file.

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.09.0060.bin
Upgrading ...

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin

Upgrading ...

========== 2017.10.16 13:27:00 =====================
Upgrading ...

Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.07.0060.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.07.0060.bin
Upgrading ...

Upgrading ...

========== 2017.10.16 16:57:30 =====================
Upgrading ...

========== 2017.10.16 17:38:27 =====================

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:16 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.11.0030.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2017.10.16 20:33:51 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.11.0030.bin

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Upgrading ...
2017-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules