Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
purchase thermal camera?
2482 19 2016-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiphantom3xx
lvl.3

Canada

Hi!

I've been waiting to get the thermal camera-  they announced a few months ago they would be releasing it, but it's 3 months later and I still don't see any purchase link/anywhere to purchase it...

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

2016-3-3
Use props
wcough
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10566736 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also inquired, and did get an actual response, and was told that the release of the authorised dealer list to order from was imminent .
haven't seen anything yet since.
I too need to purchase one for search & rescue
2016-3-3
Use props
djiphantom3xx
lvl.3

Canada

kk, thanks. Yes - I've been waiting to buy one. I'm trying to decide whether to go the 640 or 320 version, not really sure of what the difference is - other than resolution. (I tend to like higher resolution anyways, so probaly would opt for the 640 even if there wasn't anything else).

But thanks for the FYI then... they get everyone excited - and then no purchase links!
2016-3-3
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

"Coming Soon" is all they will say.
It will get here when it gets here, just like the x5r.

And the x5, and the Osmo and the Inspire itself. All delayed past their announcements
Just the DJI way.
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiphantom3xx Posted at 2016-3-4 04:12
kk, thanks. Yes - I've been waiting to buy one. I'm trying to decide whether to go the 640 or 320 ve ...

It will be available soon, but for the 640 version you're looking at 10k
2016-3-3
Use props
Timsters
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

10k......................................................................................................
2016-3-3
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Australia

At least $10k, and only 9Hz if you are outside the US and Canada.
I don't see them selling too many of these - only to first responders, SAR crews and the occasional Industrial application.
2016-3-4
Use props
leo.s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 205696 ft
Italy

I found the thermal camera for pre-order here.. Prices are from 5890 to 10770 €.
2016-3-4
Use props
kvamens
lvl.4

Norway

can someone explain the diffrence in Hz, and how  it diffrence. I guess the resolution in just that

Thanks
2016-3-4
Use props
Sir Shepherd
Second Officer

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-4 06:57
It will be available soon, but for the 640 version you're looking at 10k

But how can you even use the thermal camera if you are not suppose to flight at night, from what the FAA states and correct me if I am wrong.
2016-3-4
Use props
pi-inthesky
First Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Sir Shepherd Posted at 2016-3-4 13:04
But how can you even use the thermal camera if you are not suppose to flight at night, from what t ...

Thermal imaging has many daylight applications not just for night flight uses
2016-3-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-3-4 18:46
At least $10k, and only 9Hz if you are outside the US and Canada.
I don't see them selling too many  ...

Correct, this is not meant for the weekend hobby flier.
Same as the new DJI AGRAS MG-1, this aircraft is only built for commercial use for specific customers. Although anybody with deep pockets and need everything DJI will have one on their shelf.
https://www.dji.com/product/mg-1

2016-3-4
Use props
I1ADDICT
lvl.3

United States

I really would love to get one of these.  The idea of being part of search and rescue is an amazing concept. But that pricetag is brutal.
2016-3-4
Use props
pinpointmapping
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

I1ADDICT Posted at 2016-3-4 07:48
I really would love to get one of these.  The idea of being part of search and rescue is an amazing  ...

The primary uses of a thermal camera on an Inspire won't likely be SaR, but Industrial inspection.  PV Panels, Water Tanks, Roof tops, and agriculture.  I'm hoping prices aren't far from the Current Flir Vue Pro line (which is essentially the same as the XT, but with an X3 Gimbal attached....
2016-3-4
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Australia

kvamens Posted at 2016-3-4 23:41
can someone explain the diffrence in Hz, and how  it diffrence. I guess the resolution in just that

Customers in the US and Canada can purchase a version that will output 30 frames per second.
Everyone else gets a version that is limited to 9 frames per second.
This is due to US government export controls on thermal imaging technologies.

For UAV applications, this is significant as our testing has shown that flying a TIC requires stable weather conditions and flight platform. Excessive movement or vibration renders the images useless at 9 hz.
2016-3-4
Use props
Sir Shepherd
Second Officer

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-4 09:14
Correct, this is not meant for the weekend hobby flier.
Same as the new DJI AGRAS MG-1, this aircra ...

That's interesting.
2016-3-5
Use props
GB44
Captain
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-3-4 20:18
Customers in the US and Canada can purchase a version that will output 30 frames per second.
Every ...

Yes,

An the prices expected at release will be very High.  UK sellers now taking pre-orders though so should be pretty close to release date.
2016-3-5
Use props
I1ADDICT
lvl.3

United States

pinpointmapping Posted at 2016-3-4 10:22
The primary uses of a thermal camera on an Inspire won't likely be SaR, but Industrial inspection. ...

I know it's not ideal, but it is an application if I had it.  I'd just like to have one for the option to help out volunteer with flights when I could.  I could ride my quad deep into the search area and then launch from there and use Litchi to do some grids while I just study the infrared.  At the very least, it would be another set of eyes.
2016-3-5
Use props
kvamens
lvl.4

Norway

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-3-4 21:18
Every ...

Thx

So mainly this camera is usefull for ppl in US and Canada then, not even for US Allied?
2016-3-8
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Australia

kvamens Posted at 2016-3-8 22:39
Thx

So mainly this camera is usefull for ppl in US and Canada then, not even for US Allied?

US Government export restrictions keep it to US and Canada only.
No other countries get the 30Hz(fps) version.
I have seen some European sites offering the 30Hz version for pre-order but they will not get it out of the US.

The 9Hz version is ok, just not in circumstances where there are gusty winds or the inspire has trouble keeping steady. If it is moving about then such a low frame rate will see the image smear quite badly.
2016-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules