Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
3 reasons I'm pass on p4
123Next >
7071 89 2016-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leanlinao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

#1. The range is the same meaning the 6 minute extra battery life and the 3m/s top speed increase doesn't help much.
#2. Obstacle avoidance is an okay feature but I know I can fly my drone safely without it.. Unless it can avoid small branches and objects then it is great for FPV.
#3. i'm not the user who lets the drone follow me or somebody so the phantom 4 just isn't worth it to me.

2016-3-3
Use props
aaron.ferguson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1641752 ft
United Kingdom

That's what I thought - I mainly shoot landscapes or large moving targets like ships or trains. I plan my flights so obstacle avoidance not really an issue. I thought the tracking wouldn't be of much use to me as it seems mainly designed to follow people but I wonder if it would help me get better shots... "Sports" mode at 45mph might also be useful on occasion... The extra battery life would be welcome as I typically get about 18mins max (I have flown out over 3.5km over water to grab a fireworks display and needless to say couldn't hang around long at that distance). If the camera had been significantly upgraded that would have tipped it I think.
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Better camera features, incredible clarity and crisp photos and videos.
Redundancy, dual IMU's and compass's
Youd said you didn't care for ActiveTrack, but there's also TapFly
Dual VPS cameras and sensors, VPS range now extended to 10m
Sport mode allows for racing around with angles up to 42 degrees
And probably the biggest is the obstacle avoidance, no more RTH failures of your aircraft crashing into a building.
And so much more for the price.
2016-3-3
Use props
jaronpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 723776 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-3 09:07
Redundancy, dual IMU's and c ...

Im very tempted!  DJI Ken, any indication that there will be submodels of the p4 released that I should wait for?  I dont want to be like the people that bought a p3p a month ago and wish they waited for the release.
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jaronpv@hotmail Posted at 2016-3-4 00:18
Im very tempted!  DJI Ken, any indication that there will be submodels of the p4 released that I s ...

Not any that I am aware of. I think the P3 line will remain the sub models.
2016-3-3
Use props
david
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202126 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-3 08:07

I was hoping for a removable camera like one other brand has.  I love that feature.  Throw in an Osmo and I will be a buyer.  I would even settle for a backpack and extra battery.  I will wait for those promotions.  The problem for me is that I already have invested in the Phantom 3 Pro and 3 extra batteries, backpack, extra blades, 3 x filters, so its not just buying the Phantom 4 but so much more.  
2016-3-3
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-3 11:07

True that!! I should get my p4 on the 15th. I placed my order within the first minute it went live.
2016-3-3
Use props
retired dog
lvl.2

United States

I can't wait to see footage shot by real people from the Phantom 4.
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

david@toycarcol Posted at 2016-3-4 01:03
I was hoping for a removable camera like one other brand has.  I love that feature.  Throw in an O ...

I too have a lot invested in my P3 Pro, but I'll just keep it as a backup.
2016-3-3
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Philippines

If the P4 had zoom in I would order already but that's not gonna happen yet
2016-3-3
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Philippines

To be honest the camera isnt much different and without zoom in the 4k is not in its potential
2016-3-3
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-3 10:07

Redundancy, dual IMU's and compass's... I LOVE that.... its a lot of the behind the scenes stuff thats so impressive with DJI... then the price for it all... outstanding...

The Yuneec Hexa is going to be around 1799.00 and it does the exact same thing... it has a lot shorter range, always video lag with all the yuneecs I have flown, rather slow...

A lot of the people posting I am NOT buying a P4 because... blah blah blah... will end up buying it... they are envious of the new craft, dont fool yourself.
2016-3-3
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

Rain1dog Posted at 2016-3-3 13:08
Redundancy, dual IMU's and compass's... I LOVE that.... its a lot of the behind the scenes stuff t ...

Im not envious, i got my phantom 3 pro tuesday and knew the p4 is coming out. I ended up spending more then the p4 with dji care/extras for the p3.

Why would i want to buy a drone on release when in the past there has been issues with laumch units like cracking shells.

I will probalby get a p4 when the bigs are fixed as every major electronics have bugs at launch, not wprth the risk imo.

I will let you all beta test before i use my hard earned cash on such an expensive device.

Hopefully everything will go without a hitch but if history tells us anything, 5hat p4 owners should expect issues with new hardware launch
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Rain1dog Posted at 2016-3-4 02:08
Redundancy, dual IMU's and compass's... I LOVE that.... its a lot of the behind the scenes stuff t ...

Yes, for sure the redundancy is awesome, here'a a brief description below.
And I agree, I bet a ton of the people who bag on it will eventually get one. No other multirotor out there on the market is this advanced and feature packed and can get even close to the price.

The Phantom 4 features dual compass modules and dual Inertial Measurement Units (IMUs) that allow it to constantly compare the data it is receiving through both pairs. This data is run through advanced algorithms to check accuracy and any inaccurate data is simply discarded without affecting flight.​
2016-3-3
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
Flight distance : 734577 ft
United States

mrGREEK360 Posted at 2016-3-3 13:16
Im not envious, i got my phantom 3 pro tuesday and knew the p4 is coming out. I ended up spending  ...

Totally agree....New model "new bugs" I'm waiting a few month's before I'll actually even consider buying one.

When I watch video's and check forum reviews and also physically see it at BestBuy maybe I'll consider.

You have to be a fool to order it directly from DJI. Has anyone read about returns to these guy's? The shipping times? Maybe they should use they're R&D to look into making a better consumer communication dept.

I hope it does go well for everyone who has preordered one though. Good luck to those, and let's not hear the word "Delay".
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mrGREEK360 Posted at 2016-3-4 02:16
Im not envious, i got my phantom 3 pro tuesday and knew the p4 is coming out. I ended up spending  ...

As with anything brand new it's possible something may arise, but I got my P3 Pro a year ago and have never had an issue with it..
2016-3-3
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-3 12:33
Yes, for sure the redundancy is awesome, here'a a brief description below.
And I agree, I bet a to ...

Yeah... I truly do love the fact that a Redundancy system is built in with dual IMU's and compass's... its the first steps towards a craft that will be very very very hard to just suddenly crash, act a little crazy it there is a solar flare and gps goes nuts... if somebody flies to close to a transmission high voltage line...

as time goes by and things evolve and we get those advance algo's for controlled landings if a single motor fails...

DJI doing their part in trying to protect the users investment... most people wont appreciate just how fundamental having Redundancy's in place are to a flight system.
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Rain1dog Posted at 2016-3-4 02:41
Yeah... I truly do love the fact that a Redundancy system is built in with dual IMU's and compass' ...

Agree 100%. And who knows, maybe future multirotors will have dual flight controllers and GPS's as well.
2016-3-3
Use props
msoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460522 ft

david@toycarcol Posted at 2016-3-4 01:03
I was hoping for a removable camera like one other brand has.  I love that feature.  Throw in an O ...

I'm with you. Gonna have to wait and listen to the new owners that have pre-ordered and their comments.
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

msoto Posted at 2016-3-4 03:23
I'm with you. Gonna have to wait and listen to the new owners that have pre-ordered and their comm ...

I can imagine you'll hear nothing but amazement on how crisp and clear the photos and videos are, as well as how cool the obstacle avoidance, ActiveTrack & TapFly are.And how amazed you'll feel when you open the box and take it out and feel how it is. it seriously is like a luxury car.
2016-3-3
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-3 11:07

I am wanting to see side by side photos and videos of the P4 vs P3P do you have a link?
2016-3-3
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

We heard that the P4 was gonna be 1799.00as well, wait until its release and see what the cost and features will be, who knows it may out shine. It may not
2016-3-3
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

Ah but they haven't told you that the extra flight program processing means you'll need an iPad Air 9 32-core 512GB to run it
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Old Geezer Posted at 2016-3-4 04:18
Ah but they haven't told you that the extra flight program processing means you'll need an iPad Air  ...

It flies just fine on my iPad Air 2
2016-3-3
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

Nope, my P3A is just what I wanted so I can honestly say I will never ever buy a P4, I don't care how good it is. Unless of course I crash mine beyond repair!
2016-3-3
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

"Redundancy, dual IMU's and compass's... I LOVE that"

I have to agree, even though I don't plan on buying one anytime soon, this is the one thing that impresses me the most.
2016-3-3
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft

Saw the announcement.  Read the specs.  Watched the videos.  Sold my P3A.  Ordered a new P4, extra battery and props.  Waiting................
2016-3-3
Use props
Sebb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 498199 ft
  • >>>
Germany

> Better camera features, incredible clarity and crisp photos and videos.
i ll believe it when I see a good comparison between Hero4b, P3P and P4.
Not complaining BTW - they are all great. But doubting notable improvement.

> Sport mode allows for racing around with angles up to 42 degrees
.. ATTI achieves the same in P1, P2, P3... . I ve flown 60+mph with P2 in tail wind.
But how about arms sticking into frame at those angles? Not visible in Sports mode looking straight?? Doubt it.

2016-3-4
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-3 19:27
I can imagine you'll hear nothing but amazement on how crisp and clear the photos and videos are, a ...

DJI-Ken, do you have some comparative clips / stills from the P3P and P4 we can review to help us make up our minds? Whilst I have the utmost trust in your word, I'd like to see the quality improvements for myself before I outlay :-)
2016-3-4
Use props
newsphoto90
lvl.1

United States

I agree, I wish DJI had put the P4 money into customer service!!!
2016-3-4
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

I am sold on the Phantom 4 because of the new features.
1. The obstacle avoidance when using the tracking system.
2. The tracking system.
3. Allowing others who never used a bird, knowing they wont crash into something.
4. The upgraded camera.
5. 32 GPS point
6. Air sensors.
7. Dual sensors.

Granted, the flight time is only increased a bit, but with the price point being at least obtainable versus the high end DJI line, this is quite a huge leap forward.  True, many advanced users might have no need for these extra features, but you have to admit, it is some cool technology.

Another nice thing, is that this brings down the price of the Phantom 3, so you could buy more then one as a back up bird if you did not want the Phantom 4.

2016-3-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Anderjon Posted at 2016-3-4 16:47
DJI-Ken, do you have some comparative clips / stills from the P3P and P4 we can review to help us  ...

I will put something together this weekend.
2016-3-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

microcyb Posted at 2016-3-4 23:23
I am sold on the Phantom 4 because of the new features.
1. The obstacle avoidance when using the tra ...

One tester got 32 minutes on the battery.
And it is some awesome technology.
I would do a P3 P4 hover battery test but the P4 only has a couple of charges on it and I want to condition it so after 10 charges then I'll take them both down to 10% to get a nice comparison.
2016-3-4
Use props
Squirrel
lvl.4

United States

The tech is cool as anything. I'm grateful for the 4 because my P3s was so affordable, I presume, because of the new model. Regardless, I am just as thrilled now, after learning of the new model, as I was before. Will I get one? Hopefully so, after I get good enough on the P3s and I begin incorporating them into my business.
2016-3-4
Use props
DaGunn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 203117 ft
United States

Greetings, I am from the Department of Redundancy Department.  We recommend having double redundancy for critical components.  As an example, if you had two watches and each displayed a different time how would you determine the correct time?  Now, if you had three watches and two displayed the same time you could conclude that the third watch was malfunctioning and that the two watches do indeed display the correct time.  Thanks.  Thanks.
2016-3-4
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-4 11:11
One tester got 32 minutes on the battery.
And it is some awesome technology.
I would do a P3 P4 ho ...

So when you sending me your old bird?
2016-3-4
Use props
tm0054
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-3 14:27
I can imagine you'll hear nothing but amazement on how crisp and clear the photos and videos are, a ...

Are you saying the the Phantom 4 takes crisper photos than the Phantom 3 Advanced/Professional? As far as I can tell from the specs it's the exact same camera. Is this achieved through software?
2016-3-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

tm0054 Posted at 2016-3-5 00:45
Are you saying the the Phantom 4 takes crisper photos than the Phantom 3 Advanced/Professional? As ...

Different lens with 8 elements.
The Phantom 4 camera has been improved in terms of image quality. Chromatic aberration has been reduced by 56% and lens distortion had been reduced by 36% compared to Phantom 3 Professional. In addition to lens improvements, camera firmware has been tweaked to enable the camera to capture 120fps video in full 1080p FHD (the camera’s field of view will be reconfigured to 47° when recording in this mode) for smooth slow motion.
2016-3-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

DaGunn Posted at 2016-3-5 00:16
Greetings, I am from the Department of Redundancy Department.  We recommend having double redundancy ...

The Phantom 4 features dual compass modules and dual Inertial Measurement Units (IMUs) that allow it to constantly compare the data it is receiving through both pairs. This data is run through advanced algorithms to check accuracy and any inaccurate data is simply discarded without affecting flight.
2016-3-4
Use props
DaGunn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 203117 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-5 00:55
The Phantom 4 features dual compass modules and dual Inertial Measurement Units (IMUs) that allow  ...

I bet that sounded better in your head!  This is just marketing department mumbo jumbo.
2016-3-4
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules