Inspire 2?
3961 17 2016-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

I've been looking to purchase an Inspire sometime this year. Was just curious to know if there will be a Inspire 2 with a better camera for the same price of the current Inspire 1 v2.0.

2016-3-3
Use props
leo.s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205696 ft
Italy

There is the Inspire 1 Pro -http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1-pro-and-raw. Same aircraft of the Inspire 1 v2.0 better camera hence more money.
2016-3-4
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

leo.s Posted at 2016-3-4 05:04
There is the Inspire 1 Pro -http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1-pro-and-raw. Same aircraft of the I ...

Yeah I saw that... My stomach dropped when I saw the price tag lol
2016-3-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

in don't know about inspire 2 but as always: tomorrow there will be something better then the one you buy today
2016-3-4
Use props
leo.s
lvl.3
Italy

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-4 11:20
in don't know about inspire 2 but as always: tomorrow there will be something better then the one yo ...

Question is: when is tomorrow for the Inspire 2? I'm little scared to spend 5k euros and after one month or 2 there will be a new super cool version of the Inspire.
2016-3-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

leo.s Posted at 2016-3-4 18:45
Question is: when is tomorrow for the Inspire 2? I'm little scared to spend 5k euros and after one  ...

That is the question... we don't know the future...
2016-3-4
Use props
leo.s
lvl.3
Italy

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep….......
2016-3-4
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

To Die, To Sleep, and to wait for that which is "coming soon".
Verily 'tis folly to pass the days in futile pursuit of golden prize nor a camera that can shoot RAW..
Neither a purse full to bursting nor supplication to the lords of shenzen can make it so.
2016-3-4
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI really needs to explain there meaning of "coming soon".   So is the star ship Enterprise.
2016-3-4
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-4 03:20
in don't know about inspire 2 but as always: tomorrow there will be something better then the one yo ...

Bingo! It's just like buying a computer...There is a faster one just around the corner. And always hits the market right after you buy the current model. If you keep waiting you won't fly.

No right thinking company will tell you there's a new model just about to hit the market as they first want to get rid of the current stock piling up in warehouses...business.
2016-3-4
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

vonbaron1 Posted at 2016-3-4 08:01
DJI really needs to explain there meaning of "coming soon".   So is the star ship Enterprise.

You are kidding, right? NO offense to DJI but they are a business and the primary goal of every business is to maximize profits, not to worry about your or my happiness. All US companies do it, not just DJI.
Any company would be nuts to announce a new product when the current version is still selling like hot cakes. Marketing 101.
2016-3-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2016-3-4 10:36
You are kidding, right? NO offense to DJI but they are a business and the primary goal of every bu ...

Here, here!!!
2016-3-4
Use props
Shayd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

For short I'm sure they are working on Inspire 2 with obstacle avoidance and same stuff as the Phantom 4 but seeing as Inspire Pro and Inspire 2.0 has been released only few months ago it might take them a while.
2016-3-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

There will always be new aircraft coming out with better and better features. It's just part of the game.
2016-3-4
Use props
I1ADDICT
lvl.2

United States

There will NOT be an Inspire  physical update for at least a year if it's even in development.  How do I know this?  Because I used to work for IBM ad Intel and know the manufacturing process from cradle to grave.  DJI just released the Inspire 2.0.  That means they're done with the Inspire's physical updates as their big "push" just happened with the 2.0 and the Inspire is still their "badass" model...so I do not see a substational update happening for probably a couple of years with a new model/version.
However, do not buy the 2.0, unless you can't find any of the old ones.  All they did was update the Gimbal mount and larger motors.  Almost EVERY video I've seen so far has said it's not worth the 1000 dollar jump to the Inspire 2.0 when you can get the Inspire 1.0 for 2599...and spend the extra money on more batteries or a quick charger.

2016-3-4
Use props
vzhukov2005
lvl.1

Russia

Inspire is an incredibly stable UAV - I am flying mine for a year and it still feels like new, windproof, foolproof. Compare that to an accident every 3rd flight Ive had with Phantom 1+ zenmuse Ive had before.

Therefore an Inspire 2 wont be able to reach existing Inspire owners. Others will be so excited about Phantom 4 that launching new Inspire at the same time wouldnt be wise spend of marketing and engineering money.

Heres what'll happen in my view.
ActiveTrack looks purely software function which will be there with an update to DJI GO and firmware
TapFly - same. Kudos to DJI developers.
Obstacle avoidance will be available as standalone module, just because every Inspire 1 owner would buy it to protect a 3-4k investment depending on camera. It is already available as Matrice 100 module and I see no reason why it shouldnt be for Inspire.

The only thing which would make me change gears is 8-rotor coaxial costing same as old Inspire frame, which is not that hard to achieve. Not now, in 8-12 months, fully compatible with all Inspire parts - batteries, remotes, cameras. And - able to carry 2 batteries as Matrice to give it 30 minutes of flight time. That would be cool enough to be called Inspire 2.
2016-3-4
Use props
exenglund
New

Sweden

I think you need to think about what you actually need instead of just buying "the latest and coolest" drone.
For me, the Inspire 1 Pro just isn't a complete all-in-one package as they are advertising it as. I think the Inspire 1 Pro still lack a few very important features, such as a dedicated pilot camera.
I think DJI easily could have incorporated this in the "Pro" If they wanted but in the end keeping it on hold for the next Inspire. This feature alone I think will give the Inspire series a new sale-boost since a lot of people are asking about it.
Personally I would not buy an Inspire 1 Pro until it's truly "all-in-one".

If your are not thinking about having the Inspire 1 Pro as a dual setup I think it's a pretty good system.
2016-3-14
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

exenglund@hotma Posted at 2016-3-14 09:35
I think you need to think about what you actually need instead of just buying "the latest and cooles ...

DJI drop the price for Inspire 1 a lot.....

Normal this is the Signal to emty Dealers stock for new product....

Remember last Price drop for Phantom 3 Pro? 14 day's later.... Phantom 4

See: http://www.kopter-support.de/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=447
2016-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules