Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Programed Pan & Tilt for Timelapse
1874 9 2016-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joan
New

Spain

Dear guys,

I had recently received my new DJI OSMO and I'm very happy with it.
After some days using it, I had think about a new feature that will be great to include in future firmware updates.

It will be great to have the possibility of programing some movement before taking a timelapse. What I mean, is introduce initial point, and final point of timelapse, and then program the time and the rest of information.

Most of the best timelapses ever are done with a motorized tripod and I think it can be done easily with your product.

I hope this feature can be interesting for your development team.

Keep working hard, your products are really amazing.

Thanks & Best regards,

Joan Sabata
Barcelona
2016-3-4
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for your suggestion, we will consider it seriously.
2016-3-5
Use props
kvamens
lvl.4

Norway

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-5 10:09
Thanks for your suggestion, we will consider it seriously.

yea, this is a great  suggestion, and would be mostly helpfull
2016-3-8
Use props
nomad65
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I also agree !
2016-4-24
Use props
lancegriggs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 448327 ft
United States

Love the idea
2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for the support!
Our engineers will have a look at it.
2016-4-24
Use props
shames
New

United States

I agree, +1
2016-5-2
Use props
jeffmoltenberry

United States

My concerns/suggestions to engineers are:
1) Even if you add this functionality the timelapse video the osmo generates is 720p. Most videos people want to see  are HD (1080p and up).  Spend more effort allowing us to record timelapse video at 1080p and higher and less on programmable rotation of the Osmo (we have $20 devices to do this).
2) A work-around is to use the photos the timelapse generates in DJI Media Maker or LRTimelapse. The major problem with this is that the Osmo gimbal makes subtle  pans/tilts while it's taking photos and these aren't stabilized / smoothed out like the video is. So the photo method is useless.

Really wish DJI didn't tout this is a timelapse camera.
2016-5-5
Use props
terrierist
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I'd love this feature please DJI!

Be very grateful if it could be implemented.
2016-5-6
Use props
alan.zapata
lvl.1

United States

Programmable pan/tilt paths would be great for time-lapse shots but would also be useful in other situations. If a path could be programmed with times and stops, it would be very useful for special shots. I've been using it on an extension arm like a jib and programmable paths would be great for creating complicated shots. The on screen control is too rough to make accurate pan/tilts when operating like this.
2016-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules