DJI GO and Samsung Tab 4
13861 9 2016-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
reneviera
lvl.1
United States

I just bought a Phantom 3 Advanced and a Samsung Tab 4 tablet (7 inch) to go with it. The Samsung tablet has the Android 4.4.2 Operating system however, when I go to download the DJI GO app it tells me that it is not compatible even though its Operating System is newer that the required minimum of 4.1.2.

Has DJI done any upgrades tot his app to make it compatible with these newer devices?

Can any one help on this?

2016-3-4
Use props
cutestockfootag
lvl.1

Lithuania

Hi hmm really strange, i were able to install newest DJI GO  on my old Samsung Galaxy Tab 2  10.1'
2016-3-4
Use props
cutestockfootag
lvl.1

Lithuania

Ah , worth to mention that firstly i were getting "error occurred (194)" , but clearing the tables cache and restarting the device helped me.
2016-3-4
Use props
reneviera
lvl.1
United States

Found the answer: One needs to down load an apk format file (apk format is equivalent in the Android world to the exe file format in Windows, it is an executable file). It is the DJI Go Pilot in an apk file.

Here is the site (please do not link to it; type the URL address yourself directly:
https://apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot
Once it is downloaded either to your computer or directly via a browser to your mobile device, then simply tap on the apk file (downloaded file). Note if ask to extract files do it since the file comes to your device Zipped. Goo luck, it worked for me.
2016-3-4
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I recall having some problems when I first got my Tab 4 and had to go back through my notes to find the adjustments I had to make.  (Of course some of the issues were with the "DJI Pilot App" which was a forerunner to the "DJI GO App")  

I'm using the 8 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (Model SM-T337V) with WiFi / Cellular capability / Android v4.4.4 (updated to Android 5.1.1 on 29 sep 2015)

Anyway, part of you problem may be where you are trying to download the App.  
(location of some setting may be slightly different depending on Android version)

1) In order to allow your tablet to download from an outside source you need to do the following:
Settings > General > Security > check "Unknown Sources" under "Device Administration"

2) You have to enable USB Debugging so that you can plug the tablet into your controller.
Settings > General > About device > tap "Build number" 7 times > Developer options > check "USB debugging" under "Debugging"  

3) Once installed, get the maps ready in high resolution so that you can fly without WiFi turned on.
Open DJI GO app > Camera > tap the map in the bottom left to make it the primary screen > tap the "Topography" icon (third over on the top right -- see screen capture below) and tap "Hybrid" > scroll on the map to where you are going to be flying > zoom in and swipe around to download the whole area in the best resolution. Doing this saves the map to your device for when you are out in the field.

HybridMap.jpg
2016-3-4
Use props
gtokarsk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

gil Posted at 2016-3-4 16:25
I recall having some problems when I first got my Tab 4 and had to go back through my notes to find  ...

Damn! That's a good post man! Has a lot of specific info, just the way I like it!  I wonder if you should post just this 1 post in a well named thread, so it's easy to find! I did not know about saving maps! That is good!
2016-5-3
Use props
gtokarsk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

BTW my Tab4 would not load dji go yesterday, saying it's "not compatible" - but today it did , and worked well! I have noticed this tablet is still on android 4 , not 5, but I like it so much more than my nextbook tablet, or my Samsung Gs4 phone..... Hope i will be able to keep it and use it for good!
2016-5-3
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

Mmm, "plug it into your controller"? Will this Tab 4 work with a Phantom Standard using Wifi? Or would that actually be easier?
2016-8-18
Use props
Demo Joe
New

United States

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-8-18 02:31
Mmm, "plug it into your controller"? Will this Tab 4 work with a Phantom Standard using Wifi? Or would that actually be easier?

Thanks this was good to know but if you just update the Tab4 to the latest software you could load DJi Go from the App store.
At least I was able to.
2017-3-4
Use props
JungleKG
New
United States

Demo Joe is correct.  I had the same problem.  After a hard reset, I let the Tab 4 update all resident apps - including Google Play Store.  Once updated, the DJI GO 4 app was available and the APK option wasn't necessary.
2017-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules