Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Yaw calibration issue
1805 6 2016-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kleake1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1361040 ft
United States

I have been having issues on my P3 with smooth yaw movement.  Seems many times i'm flying along and I want to slowly yaw to the left and I get a sudden jerk to the right before any left movement at all.  Instinctly I yank more left and it goes left.  Sometimes it's when I go right it does it.  Basically it yaws with a jerk in the opposite direction that I move the stick, but it's only a few degrees and then it corrects itself, but i've lost the shot and don't know the exact direction the quad is pointing since the camera is not straight anymore.  I've tried to simiulate this by moving the sticks around on the ground and go through the complete calibration and all seems good.  I go flying and it will do it again.  It doesn't do it every time, so i'm not sure if it's just the gimble going the wrong way or if the whole quad does.  I haven't seen it do it when it's close enough to physically see what it did.  Anyone else with this issue?  It seems to be getting worse and it's making it increasingly difficult to get good video as I am re-shooting the same scene over and over to get smooth movement.  It seems like a flaky stick with a stutter in the potentiometer, but it never shows up during calibration.
2016-3-4
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

You mean your gimbal will move to the opposite side a little bit before it follows the aircraft yaw? This is designed to compensate for the movement of the aircraft, you can disable this in the app. Gimbal-> Advanced setings->Enable Synchronized gimbal pan follow.  
2016-3-4
Use props
kleake1
lvl.4
United States

Yes, that is what it seems like.  I start a slow yaw and the gimble twitches the opposite direction.  Is this a new option, I don't remember it doing that a few months ago?  I will check the settings and see if that's what it is.  Curious though, is this going to make the gimball follow every move of the yaw precicely, or will it still "cushion" the movements?
2016-3-7
Use props
kleake1
lvl.4

I changed the setting and it "appears" to have resolved the issue.  The thing that concerns me is that I bought this in July and it started acting twitchy around November or decemberish, but was perfect before that.  What changed that made it act like that?  I prefer the other setting better if it doesn't twitch.
2016-3-9
Use props
nigelw
First Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

kleake1@gmail.c Posted at 2016-3-10 03:56
I changed the setting and it "appears" to have resolved the issue.  The thing that concerns me is th ...

Have you done a firmware update?  It resets a lot or all of the settings you make.
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you on the latest firmware?
Also, try disabling "Gimbal Yaw synchronous follow" from the Advanced settings in the Gimbal Param page.
2016-3-10
Use props
kleake1
lvl.4
United States

Yes I am on the latest firmware, and I think the issue started after one of the previous updates, but since it didn't do it every time it was hard to determine where the issue was originating from.  Basically all would work fine and then i'm in the middle of a slow move, and it would glitch.  I would try to reproduce it and I couldn't get it to.  It acted exactly as if I had a bad potentiometer in my transmitter that was intermittently acting up.  So far disabling the synchronous follow appears to have taken care of it, but now the gimble doesn't turn as quick as it used to so I have to get used to the way that works again.  

What changed in that?   That synchronous follow has been there all along on my P2 and P3 without issue, so what messed it up?
2016-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules