Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Matrice max take off weight
884 7 2016-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
justincooper9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70817 ft
Canada

Hi,

With the Flir thermal camera DJI is claiming 35 min hover time with the matrice but the total weight with dual batteries and the Flir camera is 3539g. Does this mean the matrice is safe to fly at 3539g AUW even though the specs say 3400g max all up weight?

2016-3-4
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
May I ask where did you get the claim about the 35 minutes hovering time with Flir thermal camera?
We would not recommend flying at the weight over 3400g.
2016-3-7
Use props
justincooper9
lvl.1
Canada

At the bottom of the page here if your claim. http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-xt

Add up the matrice take off weight with 2 TB48 batteries, the second battery compartment and camera and it's over 3400g AUW.
2016-3-7
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

justincooper9 Posted at 2016-3-7 22:25
At the bottom of the page here if your claim. http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-xt

Add up the matr ...

I see. Please be noticed that 35 minutes are just for hovering, that record is just for your reference. You may take off with that amount of payload, but it would not be recommended for sake of the safety. Please refer to the specification on our official webpage. Thanks for your understanding!
2016-3-8
Use props
justincooper9
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-8 01:05
I see. Please be noticed that 35 minutes are just for hovering, that record is just for your refer ...

So is it safe to say we can hover and fly lightly at these weights safely?  The way your marketing material states the zenmuse XT flight times everyone will be expecting to fly the matrice with the stated specs.  There is nothing that says do not fly the matrice at those weights so this could be a big issue for people.
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

justincooper9 Posted at 2016-3-9 01:01
So is it safe to say we can hover and fly lightly at these weights safely?  The way your marketing ...

You can try to hover or fly slightly with dual batteries and zenmuse XT, but we would not recommend that. If it happens any accident, I'm afraid DJI is not responsible for that since we've claimed our recommended Max. take off weight as 3400g. Thanks for your understanding!
2016-3-8
Use props
justincooper9
lvl.1
Canada

Ok thank you I understand then. By those terms the zenmuse xt flight times should be removed due to false advertising and misleading customers.
2016-3-8
Use props
justincooper9
lvl.1
Canada

Thank you. I understand and by those terms the zenmuse xt flight times should be removed due to misleading customers.
2016-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules