UK Warranty
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Can anyone tell me the length of the warranty in the UK please?

I've been asked to send my P3P in for a problem with height accuracy.  If I can have it repaired & brought up to spec for free, I'm happy to send it off (even though I'll have to pay through the nose for a courier).  My problem is, if they turn around & say it's not a warranty repair, I don't want to spend the money because it's not a big deal to me.  Looking at the After Sales Service Flow, I could end up paying for twp-way postage plus a fee for testing even if they don't fix anything.

Unfortunately any info on warranty length is well hidden, which makes me a little suspicious.  The reply given to me in the last email that the sender thinks it may be a faulty VPS system doesn't fill me with confidence either...I normally have VPS switched off.
2016-3-5
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

As far as I know the warranty time period is the same everywhere. How long have you had the Phantom and where did you buy it?
2016-3-5
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

rodger Posted at 2016-3-5 15:31
As far as I know the warranty time period is the same everywhere. How long have you had the Phantom  ...

How long is that?  In the UK most things are under warranty for at least 12 months.  I can't find it stated anywhere from DJI.

I notified DJI of the fault on 13th Feb 2016.  I bought the P3 on 21st August 2015 from a UK registered company via ebay.  25 weeks & 1 day (6 days short of 6 months).
2016-3-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-5 16:12
How long is that?  In the UK most things are under warranty for at least 12 months.  I can't find  ...

As far as I'm aware all items carry a statutory 12 month warranty (some items even longer manufacturer warranties), and your contract is with the retailer you bought it from. And if it was bought with a credit card then the contract is with them to sort out (If I remember correctly ) have a look HERE
2016-3-5
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

I would think it would be the same everywhere unless a dealer add's something to it, DJI have the specifications as in the link....
Edit..I guess certain regions of the world may govern longer periods, certainly nowhere would it be "less than" the manufacturers spec..

http://www.dji.com/service#warranty_period

Warranty Period.JPG
2016-3-5
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-3-5 17:36
I would think it would be the same everywhere unless a dealer add's something to it, DJI have the sp ...

That's what I was looking for...hopefully it'll run from my first contact with them then, in case they say it's the VPS system.
Thanks
2016-3-5
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2016-3-5 17:06
As far as I'm aware all items carry a statutory 12 month warranty (some items even longer manufactu ...

Yes, it'll be with the retailer, although I expect it ultimately gets passed back to the manufacturer.
2016-3-5
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

The dealer I bought mine for said 12 months for the P3, 3 months for the batteries.
2016-3-5
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-5 11:12
How long is that?  In the UK most things are under warranty for at least 12 months.  I can't find  ...

I am not sure. I have never had to use the warranty. I will see what I can find out for you.
2016-3-7
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

rodger Posted at 2016-3-7 13:35
I am not sure. I have never had to use the warranty. I will see what I can find out for you.

No worries, the link above points to it.  Thanks for looking though.
2016-3-7
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

https://www.google.com/#q=DJI+warranty+amazon.com
Above is the warranty info link that I found. Warranty ranges from none to 3, 6, and 12 months depending on the issue. The Warranty starts from the purchase date. Scroll down to Warranty Service Flow.
2016-3-7
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Well, I just priced up the cost of shipping the aircraft to the Netherlands to have the altitude inaccuracies looked into.  £72 with no guarantees of a fix, judging by the diagnosis I received by email (the person i was in touch with reckoned it might be a faulty VPS system, but VPS makes no difference).

I'll just live with it.  If I buy another or an Inspire, or some other make or model, I'll make sure I can return it locally during the warranty period first.  I've never had to return a product that cost £1000 under warranty before & I've have loads of expensive cameras & lenses over the last 15 years.  These things are just too delicate & under developed to expect no issues.

Lesson learned.
2016-3-8
Use props
Orange5ive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112477 ft
United Kingdom

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-8 19:09
Well, I just priced up the cost of shipping the aircraft to the Netherlands to have the altitude ina ...

Can heliguy.com not fix it under warranty? They are an approved repair agent.
2016-3-8
Use props
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi. Is your problem related to the height displaying an incorrect altitude? I only ask because mine does that sometimes. Also, I've read on here of a lot of people having this particular problem! I just live with it.
2016-3-8
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

Warranty on the Craft is 2 years, warranty on the Remote is 1 year.
I can't find were i have read this, but i know i have read it
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-3-9 04:28
Warranty on the Craft is 2 years, warranty on the Remote is 1 year.
I can't find were i have read th ...

The  basic warranty is 1yr, not 2yrs.
2016-3-8
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Tintin Posted at 2016-3-8 19:27
Hi. Is your problem related to the height displaying an incorrect altitude? I only ask because mine  ...

Yes it is, up to 18 metres off.  It's only a problem when using waypoints, POI's etc. or if you don't factor it in when setting RTH altitude.
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Weather can influence the barometer in the aircraft. If above the VPS range then you may see some error. But it shouldn't be too much. maybe 10 or 15 meters at max.
If you see a difference much more than that you may need the barometer changed.
2016-3-8
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Orange5ive Posted at 2016-3-8 19:20
Can heliguy.com not fix it under warranty? They are an approved repair agent.

I expect they'll do warranty work if it was bought from them, or even least swap it.  Unlikely they'd do anything if bought elsewhere.  If DJI were happy to use them I doubt they'd ask me to send it to the Netherlands, although it might just work out cheaper for them.

£72 is uneconomical though.  I'd rather take the risk of it crashing & just keep an eye on it.
2016-3-8
Use props
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-8 21:22
Yes it is, up to 18 metres off.  It's only a problem when using waypoints, POI's etc. or if you do ...

I find mine can be off by about 10 or so meters during general flying. It could actually be more, but to be honest I don't really take much notice of the altitude, especially as most flights are by eye. Also, when I land, the altitude (readout) sometimes shows as being up in the air with varying figures. I've had my P3A for about 2 months and only really noticed this recently. However, during that period I have used Litchi waypoints a lot (nearly always with a take off and landing included in the missions) and have had no problems. I think that maybe when I put the altitude settings in for the missions they override any of the false altitude readings I sometimes get in the DJ app. Also, I always do a 2 point waypoint test before the main mission, which allows for more accurate judgement regarding altitude..
2016-3-8
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Tintin Posted at 2016-3-8 23:24
I find mine can be off by about 10 or so meters during general flying. It could actually be more, b ...

That all sounds similar to mine.  I haven't used Litchi, but using the Go app, you can often see the aircraft losing altitude as it flies a waypoint mission.  I thought it was going to hit rocks once while flying up a river in Scotland recently.  Hmm...maybe it's time to switch apps & see if it makes a difference.
2016-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules