Phantom lights are red
3231 16 2016-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr Lou Lar
lvl.1

United Kingdom

my phantom lights won't come of red and I don't know why. Gimbal works , controller is connected , when looking in Dji go the gps works as there are satellites , motors work.
Please can some help I have only had it for 4 weeks and haven't crashed it once

There is also no beeping , when controller connected just red front lights
2016-3-5
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Have you checked your manual?

You can find it here...http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-adv/info#downloads
User Manual.JPG
2016-3-5
Use props
Mr Lou Lar
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-3-5 18:01
Have you checked your manual?

You can find it here...http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-adv/info# ...

A critical error, what could it be ?
2016-3-5
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

you could try calibrating your imu.
2016-3-5
Use props
Mr Lou Lar
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-5 18:15
you could try calibrating your imu.

IMU Calibration didn't work , however S2 is not working ! I don't know if this is not In the air or it is the problemDji Go says everything is normal !
2016-3-5
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
United States

Well, thats a tough one.   The only time I get solid red is if the battery is seconds from dying.
2016-3-5
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
United States

I just noticed,  you said red FRONT lights.   The front lights are supposed to be solid red,  unless you turn them off.  It is the back lights that indicate aircraft status.  What are the back ( status) lights displaying?The s2 switch function depends on your model Phantom.  What model do you have?

2016-3-5
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mr. Lou Lar,
The Front LEDs show the orientation of the aircraft. The Front LEDs always glow solid red when the aircraft is turned on to indicate the front (or nose) of the aircraft. The front LEDs can be turned off in the GO App if you don't want them reflecting into videos.

The Aircraft Status Indicators are the Rear LEDs and communicate the system status of the flight controller. The table in Northofthe49th's post show the Rear LED status. Are you saying that the Rear LEDs are solid red?
2016-3-5
Use props
Mr Lou Lar
lvl.1

United Kingdom

terrylewis Posted at 2016-3-5 19:35
Mr. Lou Lar,
The Front LEDs show the orientation of the aircraft. The Front LEDs always glow solid r ...

Yes it is the front LEDS , I am such a dong ! I deeply apologise for wasting your time .

It was because I panicked ... At first the camera didn't work , (I switched device and it did ) and then thought RED.

By the way I have a standard !

I am so so so so so so so so so x100 sorry ... I feel so bad
2016-3-5
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
United States

Mr Lou Lar Posted at 2016-3-5 11:39
Yes it is the front LEDS , I am such a dong ! I deeply apologise for wasting your time .

It was  ...

Ok.  But,  here is a suggestion.  You should get very familiar with the manual on your phantom.  The last thing you want to do is panic in a real emergency.    There are posts on this forum on just about every problem it is possible to have.  Spend some time looking at those.  I would hate to see you end up crashing your brand new P3 because of something that is easily prevented.  

Take care and have fun.
2016-3-5
Use props
Mr Lou Lar
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-5 19:53
Ok.  But,  here is a suggestion.  You should get very familiar with the manual on your phantom.  T ...

I'll go over them again now to be sure. However my dad actually create an emergency on my first flight !
He wanted to test so he held it while it put it down and changed all the fail safe settings and turned the controller off lol. But it did help
2016-3-5
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Mr Lou Lar Posted at 2016-3-6 03:39

It was  ...

Ding Dong!...LOL
Thanks for at least acknowledging what the issue was/was not as it were..

Don't panic, not worth it, accident waiting to happen and crashing these are expensive..

Highly recommend these....http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid251592

seriously worth it....
2016-3-5
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mr Lou Lar Posted at 2016-3-6 03:39

It was  ...

That's what the forums are for! Every learning experience help us to fly safely! Looking forward to your photos and videos. Best of luck and pilot safely.
2016-3-5
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

The lights on the front of the Phantom are red, and stay red unless you turn them off. The lights on the back should flash green.
2016-3-5
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

At least you had the bollocks to admit it.  I say Good on You Mate!

Cheers with a Pint in your Direction,East and slight North for me- Donnie
2016-3-5
Use props
djiuser_PV2X5bL
New

United States

Had a motor issue after checking found black paint flecks in and around the bearings ,my question is if u had a bad connection would the REAR LIGHTS STAY RED AFTER A FEW COLOR CHANGING SEQUENCS
2017-10-4
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

djiuser_PV2X5bL Posted at 2017-10-4 06:14
Had a motor issue after checking found black paint flecks in and around the bearings ,my question is if u had a bad connection would the REAR LIGHTS STAY RED AFTER A FEW COLOR CHANGING SEQUENCS

If the rear lights are red, the motors won't even spin up.
2017-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules