No mic enable in go app for Osmo
8217 19 2016-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
botlbob
New

United States

I just installed the app for my Osmo on two seperate devices. Both running droid.
Neither one will record audio. I went into the app camera settings to enable the Microphone and there is not provision for any audio adjustments.
The sound leve indicator works on the screen but cannot playback audio. I just got the camera set up from the DJI store in China so I am assuming it has the latest firmware, but I cannot find the audio settings anywhere? Plesase help!
2016-3-5
Use props
jdeer
lvl.1
United States

I had the same problem. I had no audio since I bought one a week ago. This whole time I was told I was ready to go. It turned out that I had the old firmware.
Goto to your DJI GO APP , then click the setting icon>then General>then About. See if you have firmware version 01.04.01.80.bin If not, goto DJI.com and download it was super easy....

I'm running a Savage mini shotgun mic with its own battery, so it doesn't drain the osmo and I run my phone In airplane mode as well. I use a 90 mps  SanDisk micro SD 4k card
I have had no sync issues or pops in the audio since the update. I shoot 4K and convert to 1080P with Quicktime. No problems at all.

2016-3-5
Use props
jdeer
lvl.1
United States

I'm thrilled with the Savage mini shotgun mic, with its own battery. The amber light defuser works great with the D-log setting too.
osmo2.jpg
2016-3-5
Use props
botlbob
New

United States

jdeer Posted at 2016-3-5 19:48
I had the same problem. I had no audio since I bought one a week ago. This whole time I was told I w ...

Did what you said and firmware looks current.
Unless I am missing something, I cant find any audio controls in any settings mode at all>
I downloaded to two separate devices and same issue.
Also do you have to be connected to the camera to access the settings or anything for that matter in the app. Unless I am connected the app wont open correctly?
Thanks,
2016-3-6
Use props
jdeer
lvl.1

Yes, you need to be connected to the osmo to get to the settings however you should find the mic on/off toggle under the small camera icon on the right side of the app. Then scroll to the bottom
2016-3-6
Use props
botlbob
New

United States

jdeer Posted at 2016-3-6 11:15
Yes, you need to be connected to the osmo to get to the settings however you should find the mic on/ ...

OK, I found the mic gain, it was hiding. I was looking in the settings section. However I am still not getting any audio on playback. The mic was enabled already, The little bar graph shows audio being recorded but when I play back the video it is silent.
Thanks for helping me find the mic control though.
BP
2016-3-6
Use props
jdeer
lvl.1
United States

botlbob Posted at 2016-3-6 14:33
OK, I found the mic gain, it was hiding. I was looking in the settings section. However I am still ...

No problem, I wish I could help, but I'm out of ideas.
2016-3-6
Use props
jdeer
lvl.1
United States

botlbob Posted at 2016-3-6 14:33
OK, I found the mic gain, it was hiding. I was looking in the settings section. However I am still ...

No problem, I wish I had the answer but I'm out of ideas....
2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

botlbob Posted at 2016-3-7 03:33

Hello!
If you find that the audio in Playback is very low or you even barely hear the sound, please increase the Gain in the App setting(Settings – Camera – Audio Recording). In addition, if you're using the built-in microphone to record the audio, the volume may be low, please be informed that the built-in microphone is used for reference recording or when audio is needed in a hurry, however to get the highest quality audio, it's recommended to use an external microphone.
2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-7 15:05
Hello!
If you find that the audio in Playback is very low or you even barely hear the sound, pleas ...

I have the mic gain at max. there is zero sound coming from the device on play back. The phone is set correctly as I can play back videos from its own recordings but none from the goapp. the audio level indicator shows audio when recording but unable to play back with audio.
Is my device compatible. It is a Motorolla Razor Maxx with the current compatible os.
2016-3-7
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

botlbob@hughes. Posted at 2016-3-7 23:42
I have the mic gain at max. there is zero sound coming from the device on play back. The phone is  ...

We would recommend below Mic.
Sennheiser MKE400
Sony ECM DS70P
Rode VideoMic Pro
Rode VideoMicro
Mymyk Smartmyk
DED DV-889

Could you please change to another mobile device to test the audio? It should work. Wait for your feedback.
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-8 18:02
We would recommend below Mic.
Sennheiser MKE400
Sony ECM DS70P

I am using both the internal and the external mic provided with my Osmo.
The mic is working as I can see the audio level bar moving on the screen during record.
The audio is just not being played when I view the video.
what is so hard to understand about that???
So now I have to go buy another phone to test to see if there is a problem with the brand new osmo I just bought. That is your only suggestion???
I was getting ready to purchase the new phantom 4, or inspire,  I see by the lack of tech support that would be a poor idea.
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

botlbob@hughes. Posted at 2016-3-8 21:30
I am using both the internal and the external mic provided with my Osmo.
The mic is working as I c ...

Sorry about the situation! Please note that the external Mic and built-in Mic can not work simultaneously.
Normally, the sound can be recorded and the user can check it in the SD card and in Playback of the DJI GO App.
If you can't find the audio, please contact the dealer for further assistance, there might be something wrong with it.
Thanks for your support to DJI products!
2016-3-8
Use props
botlbob
New

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-8 17:42
Sorry about the situation! Please note that the external Mic and built-in Mic can not work simulta ...

I am so sorry I purchased this device from DJI.
the customer/tech support is a fail.
You haven't listened to what my problem is and what I have tried so far.
I was so wanting to by a new Phantom 4 but after seeing there is no help from tech I will most likely not purchase anymore DJI products.
2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

botlbob Posted at 2016-3-10 03:21
I am so sorry I purchased this device from DJI.
the customer/tech support is a fail.
You haven't  ...

Which Tech. support are you talking to about your problem? Do you have a ticket No. for your case? Please tell me, I'll help to look into it.
2016-3-9
Use props
Kent360
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have exactly the same situation as BotlBob am using a sony z-ultra with android 5.1.1 and have reinstaaled dji go to check latest version..
as bob says I am using both the internal and the external mic provided with my Osmo.
"The mic is working as I can see the audio level bar moving on the screen during record.
The audio is just not being played when I view the video."
Is there a resolution or is it just a faulty unit?
2016-3-11
Use props
botlbob
New

United States

Kent360 Posted at 2016-3-11 04:11
I have exactly the same situation as BotlBob am using a sony z-ultra with android 5.1.1 and have rei ...

Hey Kent, I figured out my problem ....I THINK......
I borrowed my friends "I" phone and the audio came through ,, plus there were more controls on the app than which downloaded on mine. I think it is a compatibility issue.
Even though the droid software version is compatible , I think you have to have a compatible device.
I just got a Micro SD card reader and using the card from the my Motorolla phone which wont play the audio, the card directly plugged into my computer does> so I can assume it is not the Osmo fault but a device compatibility issue. THe one problem I have and I am not sure if it is the fan or not, is a loud whirring sound on the audio. SOunds like a playing card on the bicycle spokes. I cant turn off the fan in my Motorolla phone app, as that control seems to be missing. I guess I am going to have to upgrade my  phone to make this all work.  
2016-3-11
Use props
Kent360
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

botlbob Posted at 2016-3-11 19:03
Hey Kent, I figured out my problem ....I THINK......
I borrowed my friends "I" phone and the audio ...

thanks BotlBob I'll try that  
2016-3-12
Use props
fans10dc5a37
lvl.1

United States

Kent360 Posted at 2016-3-12 00:56
thanks BotlBob I'll try that

I'm having the exact same problem.  It must be an android think.  I've used this on my iPhone 7 and the audio on the video preview comes through just fine.  I've tried two different android devices, a phone and a Nvidia shield and neither will play the audio preview back.  The audio is on the card, but not playing back on the preview.  It's a hard risk to take no know if you really have audio
2017-2-4
Use props
breezeway95
lvl.3
Flight distance : 826854 ft
Canada

Not sure if this will help however.....

I have a Rode Videomicro external mic. I noticed that the iPhone previews that one accesses through the DJI Go app  record audio from built in phone mics and not the Rode.
2017-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules