Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem with inclination H3-3D Zenmuse
6461 9 2015-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sebastien.schil
Flight distance : 19570220 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi all !

I am a new user of a phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D and a GoPro HD3+.
All updates made by USB with DJI Phantom 2 assistant and DJI RC system assistant.
Limitations of gimbal are -30 in the software (original settings for horizontal and vertical limits).

I think I have a problem with the H3-3D.
When I power on the Phantom 2, normally the inclination is initializing and the angle of inclination is 0 degree, the camera is positioning herself at 0 degree, straight. But each time I test, the angle of inclination is about 25-30 degrees. The H3-3D is initializing, the camera is staying 1 second at 0 degree and then take an angle of 25-30 degrees. When I use the special button to change the angle on the remote, I can't reach the angle 0 degree.

Can you help me ?

Thank you so much for your help and sorry for my bad English !

Picture
http://www.sebschilling.com/PHOTOS/DJIPHANTOM2/IMG_1502.JPG

2015-1-8
Use props
fhagan02
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

I found that after the latest IMU firmware update (.12 I believe) the camera automatically positions itself at about a 45º tilt after initializing. You'll need to recalibrate your controller (Sticks, X1 and X2 controls). First calibrate with the RC assistant. Then calibrate the controller within the PT2 assistant software. (In the Software Assitant I haver my vertical limit to 0.) FYI: The camera will always positions itself at about 45º after initializing but you'll be able to use the tilt wheel to reposition the tilt as you like before you start flying/filming.
2015-1-8
Use props
sebastien.schil
Flight distance : 19570220 ft
  • >>>
France

Thank you so much for your quick answer !
It works, that's great ! Impatient to fly and to film !
Thanks a lot Fhagan02 !
2015-1-9
Use props
captaintacos
New

Japan

fhagan02@me.com Posted at 2015-1-9 04:35
I found that after the latest IMU firmware update (.12 I believe) the camera automatically positions ...

Wow thanks fhagan02!
This helped me too.

I had a H3-3D gimbal "pointing down" out of the box (actually I've had the Phantom 2 for a couple months but now I just got my GoPro and tested the gimbal only to find this problem).

I searched all over the entire afternoon and I almost thought I had a faulty unit. You could only tilt up and down with the controller for about 20 degrees in each direction.

Now I can get the gimbal to point the camera fully to the fron or down (still not completely looking at the floor, but fairly down).
2015-1-10
Use props
fhagan02
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

captaintacos Posted at 2015-1-10 17:51
Wow thanks fhagan02!
This helped me too.

Power up, plug your Phantom in and In the software assistant go to "Advanced' then "Gimbal". Make sure your Horizontal Limit is set to "0". There's no reason you shouldn't be able to point the gimbal straight down.
2015-1-12
Use props
michaelgulley

United Kingdom

very useful as i think i am going the g3 route
2015-1-14
Use props
skylar84_03.yah
New

United States

I have a similar problem: My H3-3D starts at the 45 degree angle and I can move it to straight forward or straight down with the control knob, but as soon as I release the knob, the camera goes back to 45 degrees. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? My firmware is all updated and I have calibrated my controller several times with both the RC assistant and the Phantom 2 assistant.
2015-2-5
Use props
conwaycoach.gma
New

United States

skylar84_03.yah Posted at 2015-2-6 00:55
I have a similar problem: My H3-3D starts at the 45 degree angle and I can move it to straight forwa ...

I have the same problem.  Camera angle returns to 45 degrees after releasing the dial.  i would like for it to hold position until it is adjusted.  
If anyone has a solution --please post
Thanks.
2015-2-8
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

conwaycoach.gma Posted at 2015-2-9 01:09
I have the same problem.  Camera angle returns to 45 degrees after releasing the dial.  i would lik ...

choose the correct RC type in 'RC Version' and calibrate X1 channel.
2015-2-8
Use props
blangermeier.gm
New

United States

I was experiencing the same problem, camera would return to 45 deg. after releasing wheel.

I was able to fix the problem by:
1. factory reset the h3 3d by touching a paper clip to the points on the backplane while powering up.
2. re loading the latest firmware back into the gimble with the  dji assistant software ( be sure to log in with e-mail address or it will not work)
3. calibrate the remote with the rc assistant software.

and finally it was working correctly.
2015-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules