Official launch, limited offer? Please Respond DJI*
12Next >
2579 41 2016-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pablosaenz93
New
United States

I am very impressed with the new Phantom 4 and I am thinking in upgrading my P3 for this, I see there is a sign that says " Official launch, limited offer" but it doesn't specify anything, what is the limited offer? Does this means the price will go up? Does it mean the case won't come included? I been talking to DJI representatives in the chat and it seems no one knows what I am talking about, they said to have no information of what it means or what is the "Official launch, limited offer.". I have seen this question beign asked in many forums recently and no one knows what the offer is just speculations, if I am spending $1400 on a drone at least I wish I could geat a clear answer from a DJI representative, I am dissapointed that nobody is able to help me and there is no informatation of this anywhere, I await a response that can actually tell me what the offer is so I can buy my new bird, thanks.

2016-3-5
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

Limited offer means that if they sell good theyll raise the price. If the sales are low,theyll stay at 1399. If everyone was smart enough to hold off, people can force the price even lower.
2016-3-6
Use props
pablosaenz93
New
United States

Still waiting for a DJI representative to answer.
2016-3-6
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

can't wait to see the response if ever DJI can comprehend it as the Local DJI reps in North America (and yes, the rest of the non Asia world) always say, we will need to consult with the Collective!..aka..DJIAsia,
if you google "limited offer" it could be time/price a combo of both etc...Definitely not a good idea to launch a new product alongside everything else you have just put on sale as with the P3's and then put the new P4 on "sale" as well, so, you put it out as a "limited offer" (poorly worded/translated IMHO) or "limited time offer" which would have been more appropriate....
It is a marketing ploy frankly with the underlying meaning that it is on sale for a limited time......as someone else suggested, if sales soar, the price will rise as it would likely with the other items on sale, if not, it will become the norm....
2016-3-6
Use props
CFM01
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Yes, DJI, you need to say why it is a limited offer - you cannot advertise like that if it's not true - it's called false advertising and is illegal in many countries

It would suggest you either take the words "limited offer" from the website or be open and tell people why it's a limited offer.

Limited offer means that in future something is not included or the price will rise after launch.
2016-3-6
Use props
pablosaenz93
New
United States

So in a few words DJI is doing a marketing ploy and or false advertising, I am really wanting to see an answer from a DJI Representative and thats if they can take the time to answer because in the live chat representatives seem to barely understand english, what a shame.
2016-3-6
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

CFM01 Posted at 2016-3-6 14:53
Yes, DJI, you need to say why it is a limited offer - you cannot advertise like that if it's not tru ...

It is not false advertising, they do say why - in red print - "Official launch, limited offer. "
2016-3-6
Use props
pablosaenz93
New
United States

I hope my $1400 ( plus all the accesories and the expensive DJI care) are worth a simple answer from someone that understands basic english, thats all I ask for someone from DJI.
2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

False advertising, how so. DJI says limited offer and no one but the head decision makers know when and if the price will go up.
Buy, I'm going to get my order in just in case. It would be a shame if people waited on the fence and then the price went up.
And from flying a test unit for a bit, I can say with confidence as soon as everyone starts getting their orders they are going to post how awesome the P4 is and more and more will order.
I honestly think the P4 will beat the P3 in sales.
2016-3-6
Use props
pablosaenz93
New
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-6 14:37
False advertising, how so. DJI says limited offer and no one but the head decision makers know when  ...

Thanks for your answer DJI-KEN, so from what I see this means the price can go up when the limited offer time runs up, I think I will place my order now and not run the risk to have to pay more later, I see the case is included in this first sale am I correct?
2016-3-6
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Ken,  I hope you get a raise.  And I don't mean a phone book to sit on,  either.
2016-3-6
Use props
CFM01
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Offer and availability are different things, as is if something was available for a limited period and then ceased to exist.

Official launch - limited availability
Completely different to
official launch - limited offer (as in limited edition or includes something that will not be available at a later date).

You can't really say limited offer if they are going to be available continually.
I think they mean official launch - availability will be poor- so they are offering you to part with your cash for their drone that you may be the first to get.

I don't know anywhere in the western world where you would go into a shop and the assistant says:
This product is officially launched today and as a limited offer we are going to sell you this product at its full retail price.

2016-3-6
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

Seriously?

"Official launch, limited offer" = New product, low price. I can't understand where all the confusion comes from with this. Isn't the P3 all on a limited offer? I believe till 3/31 and the price goes back up.
2016-3-6
Use props
leonardk12.comc
lvl.2

Limited time can also mean "until the first production run is sold out". Then could have a wait of weeks to longer depends on what shows up as something needed to change for next production run.
2016-3-6
Use props
CFM01
lvl.2

United Kingdom

"It would be a shame if people waited on the fence and then the price went up". For DJI, because we would not buy one!

Plus you say only DJI head quarters know when and if the price will go up!

I personally think that makes DJI think its customers are bloody thick and stupid.  If you want loyalty then be open and honest with your customers.

If it's a limited offer because it a new product then say limited offer until 31st March 2016 or whatever. A lot of other companies seem to be able to do this!

Don't take us for fools  and  treat us like .... , and you have ...... Me off so doubt if I will buy now.

2016-3-6
Use props
flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>

leonardk12.comc Posted at 2016-3-7 05:07
Limited time can also mean "until the first production run is sold out". Then could have a wait of w ...

I'll wait at least 6 months before I consider a P4 for the price to stabilize. I feel bad for the folks that paid $1259 for the P3P so I'm in no hurry because I'm enjoying my P3P too much as it is.
2016-3-6
Use props
pablosaenz93
New
United States

CFM01 Posted at 2016-3-6 15:23
"It would be a shame if people waited on the fence and then the price went up". For DJI, because we ...

Same, not too sure if I should buy anymore...
2016-3-6
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

pablosaenz93 Posted at 2016-3-6 15:46
Thanks for your answer DJI-KEN, so from what I see this means the price can go up when the limited ...

LOl. You fell for it.
2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

pablosaenz93 Posted at 2016-3-7 04:46
Thanks for your answer DJI-KEN, so from what I see this means the price can go up when the limited ...

No problem, I wish I knew too. I have many friends that want to buy the P4 and some that cannot afford it right now. I told them if can, find a way to buy it just in case the price does go up.
None of us know, same as the 10th anniversary sale, I'd like t buy the Inspire V2 dual remote setup that's an awesome deal right now and I hope it doesn't go away soon.
2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-7 04:49
Ken,  I hope you get a raise.  And I don't mean a phone book to sit on,  either.

Nice, doesn't everyone wish that
2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

CFM01 Posted at 2016-3-7 05:23
"It would be a shame if people waited on the fence and then the price went up". For DJI, because we ...

That's all fine what you think. Just don't complain if you go to buy one later and you have to pay several hundred dollars more.
2016-3-6
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

pablosaenz93 Posted at 2016-3-6 16:33
Same, not too sure if I should buy anymore...

Just hold off. Dont be a beta tester and dont be their fool. The P4 is a glorified P3. Nothing more.
2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-3-7 05:45
Just hold off. Dont be a beta tester and dont be their fool. The P4 is a glorified P3. Nothing more ...

And why is it a glorified P3, read all the FAQ's, it's a completely whole new aircraft.
2016-3-6
Use props
CFM01
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I can see the P4 is a different aircraft to the P3P.
However, like all products there is a limited market.
Professional users are going to have to see the advantages before parting with more cash and/or a P3P.
@ £ 1229 will be beyond a lot of hobby users so say £1429 will push a lot of hobby users to look elsewhere.
And DJI need hobby users because that is where the market will be.
2016-3-6
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-6 16:51
And why is it a glorified P3, read all the FAQ's, it's a completely whole new aircraft.

ill stay with my p3's for now
but you are correct about completely new aircraft.

having had several p2's and 3 p3 's one thing that was often wanted, the ability for the FC to disregard spurious, or exceptional or out of bounds  gps or compass data and so forth.

the P4 seems to have the cpu horsepower to do this and has redundant sources now...
to me these are the things that keep it in the air longer and safer...

think faa and "commercially approved" generation quad
2016-3-6
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

I'd be happy with a bug free P3 right now...
2016-3-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think there going to tell you there sales strategy.
2016-3-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Perhaps Limited, means the number of actual finished and boxed drones ready to ship? ;-)
Like a limited engagement, until future tickets are sold...

RedHotPoker
2016-3-6
Use props
flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-3-7 07:45
Perhaps Limited, means the number of actual finished and boxed drones ready to ship? ;-)
Like a limi ...

The pricing structure on the P4 will dwindle down slowly but surely as all the models have done before this one. Either you want to enjoy the latest technology right now and pay a price for that privilege as is always the case..........then go for it, knowing that the price may go up briefly but it will settle down in pricing like all the P3 models already have and the P3 was introduced just 10 months ago I believe.  
2016-3-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I have rarely seen a price fluctuation increase. Usually they only gradually settle down, down, way down.
I will be interested to watch these relatively rich and steep prices fall, over the next few to six months.
When initial orders and sales level off, those prices will drop to improve sales and continuing relative profit margins.

RedHotPoker
2016-3-6
Use props
pablosaenz93
New
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-3-6 18:44
I have rarely seen a price fluctuation increase. Usually they only gradually settle down, down, way  ...

I am not sure about few to six months, most likely until the second version of the P4 comes out, lets look at how the P3 prices were, they started to drop when the P4 had only couple months to release.
2016-3-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I have nagging or sneaking suspicion, there are other Phantom 4 models in the works, or perhaps they're already being stacked, made ready to roll out.
It wouldn't surprise me though, to see a more expensive Phantom 4 version, with other updated features and adjustability options. Time will surely reveal the truth.

RedHotPoker
2016-3-6
Use props
pablosaenz93
New
United States

There seems not to be a clear answer, everyone has a different speculation about it, even  DJI KEVIN said that it "might" go up in price, oh well I guess I will never get an answer for this.
2016-3-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

If you already have a satisfactory Phantom 3, perhaps hanging tight, will be a best scenario. It is for me. Wait and see. ;-)
When I jumped the gun, and ordered my Phantom 3 Pro', it took over two months to arrive in Canada.
Remembering that, I can really relax, and wait, without holding my breath.

RedHotPoker
2016-3-6
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-3-6 17:26
I have nagging or sneaking suspicion, there are other Phantom 4 models in the works, or perhaps they ...

I'm going to agree with this..... I honestly don't think this is going to be the final version of this aircraft.
From the first minute I saw it..... it just felt wrong.

On one hand , It is a new aircraft and it does have impressive features...
On another hand it does not dress some of the key issues it could have easily addressed.

The landing gear is still in the way...

The camera does not move 360...

The tracking does not  seem as refined as it should be... I've seen people on video apparently run fast enough to lose it for example..

The obsticle avoidance still needs some refinement... it won't detect small things like  power lines or limbs...

I honestly think this was rushed on the market  prematurely... to have some competition to other competitor's.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a P4 Pro version coming soon.

2016-3-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

If a Phantom 4 Limited-Pro' Edition comes to fruition, I just might bite... ;-)

Look how many variations the famous Phantom 3 has had.

RedHotPoker
2016-3-7
Use props
CFM01
lvl.2

United Kingdom

AlaskanTides I think you're right! To me the P4 looks a bit cobbled together, new top, but old landing gear. The photo's even seem to suggest that.
There are many advantages of sticking with DJI but the P4 does not look like  the total package unlike the Yuneec Phantom H.
If Yuneec could have made the H go faster, further, and match camera quality then it would have been the drone to go for. Although we wait and see!
2016-3-7
Use props
bobasbury
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

"Limited offer" can mean a future price increase or a future elimination of an accessory (case).  By saying "limited offer" it gives DJI some wiggle room if demand strips supply.  Or if DJI knows that the cost to produce is likely to increase, they may say "limited offer" to build in permission to increase the price later.  This "limited offer" may never change.  It may have been worded as a precautionary move, and it could have been done as an ages-old sales tactic to create a sense of urgency.  "Limited offer" implies an added value for a short period of time.  It's a phrase that DJI hasn't used before to my memory.
2016-3-7
Use props
SteveCT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 383999 ft
United Kingdom

Just had this forum reply from DJI-Ken.... over at this thread....

Phantom 4 Shipping Date

"When the Phantom 3 Pro was available for pre-order there was a special pre-order price. A while after that the price went up.
The limited offer means the price very well is going to go up."

So, no dates but seems the price will indeed rise.
2016-3-15
Use props
SteveCT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 383999 ft
United Kingdom

The "limited offer" message now seems to have disappeared from the UK order page!?!  Can we presume the price is NOT therefore going to rise?
2016-3-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules