Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"The aircraft enters altitude limited mode" - anyone ?
3672 20 2016-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flipperman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4224925 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone know why this is coming up in waypoint mode ? Doesnt appear in normal flight. I have the altitude set to 500m rather than restricted etc.
"WARNING: The aircraft enters altitude limited mode"

DJI GO Error message.jpg

2016-3-6
Use props
daviskw2004
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes... and in an area I have flown many times.... I have had my aircraft in for repair for this very  problem 4 times... It is in Carson now.

I hope you have better luck than I... when I get that warning my bird stops running the waypoint route and jumps around acting erratic... I have to switch to P gps mode and bring it home. I cannot get a DJI rep here on the forums to even answer me over this warning and repair has not been able to fix it. Carson tells me they cannot repeat it.... I have tried two devices...flown in two areas 10 miles apart... IMU calibrations... deleted and reinstalled the Go app... I get the same warnings on every flight. I sent them flight records... Health drone print outs... and still they deny it is happening and send it back with no repair... I cannot fly mine safely.
PS they will NOT replace your aircraft with a new one even though they cannot fix it... good luck

Butch
IMG_0006.jpg
2016-3-6
Use props
daviskw2004
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-3-6 09:51
are you sure you don't have the max altitude set to something limiting it's ability?

That was the first thing repair asked... I was setting waypoints at 90 feet of elevation and the max altitude was in settings at 120 meters. So no conflict there... for me anyway. What gets me is if you look at the image of my flight records you can see the altitude the warnings were happening at... and still repair asked your same question instead of looking at the data.

Butch
2016-3-6
Use props
daviskw2004
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-3-6 10:00
Just trying to start with the obvious. Sorry, sometimes thats whats overlooked.

Oh I understand and thank you... I am just frustrated I sure hope this man gets better treatment.

Butch
2016-3-6
Use props
daviskw2004
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-3-6 10:01
seems to me a defunct altimeter or gps.

I thought so too... but Carson thinks otherwise... I also get the warning below... and to me it would indicate what you propose.

Butch
IMG_0004 (1).jpg
2016-3-6
Use props
Flipperman
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Any DJI comment on this ?

Max height definitely 500m.  Flight characteristics all fine - did some low level stuff (20cm) in back garden directly afterwards - hovers perfect etc.
2016-3-6
Use props
daviskw2004
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-3-6 10:19
yah, the altimeter is definitely wonky!

I think you are right... but don't you think 4 times in for repair they could figure that out?

Butch
2016-3-6
Use props
Dr. Acula
lvl.3

United States

Maybe it is a software issue.  Have you tried Litchi?  If you like waypoint flights, it lets you design them on your phone/tablet or in web browser.  Much easier in a web browser IMO.
2016-3-6
Use props
daviskw2004
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dr. Acula Posted at 2016-3-6 15:23
Maybe it is a software issue.  Have you tried Litchi?  If you like waypoint flights, it lets you des ...

I do have Litchi but when using the go app the bird becomes unstable when the warnings occur. If this were to happen using a 3rd party app DJI will not honor the warranty.

Butch
2016-3-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

daviskw2004 Posted at 2016-3-7 09:09
I do have Litchi but when using the go app the bird becomes unstable when the warnings occur. If t ...

I get that message about the aircraft being lower than the minimum of 3.0M all the time when flying waypoints. I think it happens to everyone if you are low down, but it does not stop you from flying the mission.

With regard to the other issue, I wonder if you are inside a no fly zone and the altitude limitation is coming into effect?
2016-3-6
Use props
daviskw2004
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-6 16:37
I get that message about the aircraft being lower than the minimum of 3.0M all the time when flyin ...

First I get the lower than 3 meters when I am at all altitudes up to the max 394 feet. Where I fly is a park designated by St Louis County as an area to fly RC's. There are two other phantoms that fly there... one a pro and the other a phantom 2... I've asked... neither one have the problems I am having. It is also an area that local quad copter clubs race. On top of this I moved 10 miles to a second location and flew and got the same warnings... I deleted the go app and reinstalled... same warnings... I used a second device in both locations... same warnings... I performed cold IMU's same problems... re-calibrated the compass ... same warnings. On the FAA map... no airports... on the DJI map... no airports... I don't know what else I can do.

Butch
ps... I don't want to take over Flipperman's post with my problems so i will not be commenting anymore... but just wanted to say I am getting the same warnings.

2016-3-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

daviskw2004 Posted at 2016-3-7 12:07
First I get the lower than 3 meters when I am at all altitudes up to the max 394 feet. Where I fly  ...

I only get it when flying waypoints, it does not happen to me at other times.

Still waiting to hear from Flipperman as to whether he may be inside or approaching a no fly area. The wording of the arning seems to me to suggest that.

2016-3-6
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Are all of your heights at each way-point the same ?  Im just wondering if because it travels in a straight line from point "A" to Point 'B"  and is doing this at a set speed, that since it cant reach say the next way-point without height gradually  raising it enters into, "The Aircraft Enters Altitude Limited Mode"  I dont think any of the compass or barometer settings are off per say.  It may be that the Height cant be obtained in a straight line at the set speed.  

Maybe that is why the wording is so strange, it's not saying Maximum Height Limit Engaged, It is saying Altitude limited Mode,   I am not sure on this .
Picture going from point " A" Altitude is 100 feet to Point "B" which is 50 feet away but at 200 feet altitude .  It cant go in a gradual strait line to this height at say 10 MPH.  

This would explain why Flip is not getting warnings any other time than Waypoints?  Just my thoughts, I may be wrong.  

I am going to test this tomorrw if we get a break in the weather .

Hope this may help stimulate conversation to help Flipper  and others out .

Cheers- donnie
2016-3-6
Use props
Flipperman
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Good suggestion on the height of waypoints. I'll do another test at the weekend and see. Max speed for waypoints is 5m/s from memory and I would have zipped along at 17m/s to set the waypoints.

No worries about hijacking threads - that's the great thing about the forum - everything sharing their experiences and trying to resolve common problems - keep on posting

I'm not in a restricted zone or an authorisation zone. Although I wasn't aware this was live yet though, thought it was still beta (geofencing) ?
2016-3-7
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

Flipperman Posted at 2016-3-7 16:14
Good suggestion on the height of waypoints. I'll do another test at the weekend and see. Max speed f ...

Keep us posted, I am interested.  Also, as soon as we get a break in the weather I am going to test this theory out.  Be sure to Reply to my post so i can learn from this and help other pilots.

all the best from over the Pond -  donnie
2016-3-9
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

Flipperman Posted at 2016-3-7 16:14
Good suggestion on the height of waypoints. I'll do another test at the weekend and see. Max speed f ...

I could not duplicate your challenge.  I tried my suggestion to no avail.  I will keep trying though.  Please let me know if you find what causes this.

Sorry Mate- Donnie
2016-3-12
Use props
Flipperman
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Had opportunity to try again tonight. Kept the waypoints and entire route at same altitude.....and got same errors !

DJI chaos - any comment ?

It doesn't stop the P3A from carrying out the route.....just annoying that the error message keeps popping up.
2016-3-17
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

Reinstall the qpp, doubt it will fix it but its worth a try before waiting 4-5 weeks for repair including shipping time.
2016-3-17
Use props
fans264d9d89
lvl.1
Flight distance : 652375 ft
United States

Anyone still having this problem? I am with P3P. Did yours ever get resolved? How?
2017-2-18
Use props
KDCypDrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 585617 ft
Cyprus

Hi there,
I have the same warning with P4Advanced Go4 app, just twice along the 1km route in waypoint mode (only in WP mode) but also no certainty why it happens.
I have about 60 waypoints and at varying heights but nowhere near my set max altitude. No actual problems flying, it follows the route and altitude perfectly.
Did anyone find out more please to avoid our nervous dispositions
2017-7-16
Use props
Irishbrewer74
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119557 ft
United States

Was there ever a solution to this.   I know this is an old thread, but I am getting the same errors when flying waypoints on my Mavic... it still completes the mission, but with the errors.  
2018-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules