Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HexCam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3808425 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi
I have the Lightbridge 2 set up on S900 with A2 and Z15 A7R. I have triple-checked the wiring using the diagrams provided and watched the setup video as well as checking the forums for obvious issues. I am not quite sure what the issue is and I'm wondering if I've made a simple mistake.
All components are on latest firmware.

Issues:
1) I am getting no video from the A7R throught the Z15 (I checked directly with an HDMI cable to the HDMI port on the LB2 and that worked fine to the APP.
2) I only have access to 5 channels on the controller (AETR and U). No other channels show movement.
3) I am getting no telemetry from the A2 to the Go App (eg. voltage etc).

I'm not normally flummoxed by these things but this one has got me tearing the remains of my hair out, so any help from people's experience here would be gratefully appreciated. I have tied to search this forum for relevant posts but may have missed one so if there is anything already on here, please point me in the right direction.

Thank you!
2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

What is the color of the gimbal indicator LED?  If it's green, then the HD mode works well, also please check the APP, make sure the output mode is EXT.
2016-3-6
Use props
HexCam
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-7 04:20
What is the color of the gimbal indicator LED?  If it's green, then the HD mode works well, also ple ...

It is red. But another representative on a thread said that when using an HD gimbal the LED will remain red.

The app is set to EXT.

My bigger issue is the channels. I must have it set up right as I have 5 channels. Why do the other channels not map. Also when connecting in the second transmitter there are no channel responses from that at all.

Thanks
2016-3-7
Use props
HexCam
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HexCam Posted at 2016-3-7 08:18
It is red. But another representative on a thread said that when using an HD gimbal the LED will r ...

Ah sorry.

The lights on the gimbal itself are green.

The video light on the LB2 is red but the FAQs say that is normal when using the HD gimbal.
2016-3-7
Use props
HexCam
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HexCam Posted at 2016-3-7 08:22
Ah sorry.

The lights on the gimbal itself are green.

Problem solved. So just in case it can help anyone, between testing and putting it on the aircraft, I reversed the cable between G7 on the Zenmuse and the Lightbridge 2.

Thanks for trying to help!

Elliott
2016-3-7
Use props
edducati
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63507 ft
New Zealand

HexCam Posted at 2016-3-8 03:45
Problem solved. So just in case it can help anyone, between testing and putting it on the aircraft ...

My gimbal light does not show red or green, its just off, the gimbal initializes and the IMU led is green, but the HD/AV led never comes on. no video.
2016-8-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

edducati Posted at 2016-8-24 19:54
My gimbal light does not show red or green, its just off, the gimbal initializes and the IMU led i ...

Could you clarify what your set up consists of? Have you ensured that all the cables are secure? Is the camera on and what resolution is it set to? Are you able to get all other OSD information from the app?
2016-8-24
Use props
edducati
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-25 04:22
Could you clarify what your set up consists of? Have you ensured that all the cables are secure? I ...

Camera set to 1080p/60fps

Yes all cables correct, all firmware up to date, camera is on, all osd shows on DJI Go app from S1000 A2, I can use DJI Assistant on my iOS to read and setup settings on craft.

I can plug GoPro directly into LB2 at HDMI port and get no video either, no matter what setting on Go app bandwith slider, does not matter no video.
2016-8-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

edducati Posted at 2016-8-25 08:11
Camera set to 1080p/60fps

Yes all cables correct, all firmware up to date, camera is on, all osd  ...

You have a GH4 on this rig, correct? Is your main goal to get PIP or just a video feed from the GH4? Could you happen to provide a screenshot of your current image transmission settings? What kind of LED indicators are you getting from the LB2 air unit and the gimbal?

2016-8-25
Use props
edducati
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-26 01:45
You have a GH4 on this rig, correct? Is your main goal to get PIP or just a video feed from the GH ...

Yes on GH4. I have IMU led on gimbal but no light at HD/AV on gimbal. Not green, not red, no light at all at HD/AV. I have camera on, I can change switch from AV to HD and still no light.

I am just trying to get any video signal on DJI Go app from either HDMI or EXT.

On LB2, I changed my video resolution on my GoPro to 1080p30 and now I have two green lights on LB2 when I switch on GoPro, but still on DJI Go App I have no video. Setting I can change to 100% EXT priority from Gimbal or 100% LB priority from LB. No video no matter how I set Go App settings. Even tried 50/50% priority.

Is it possible that because I have issue at Gimbal HD/AV that it is killing video of LB2? As an example, no video light on HD/AV could mean that their is a short circuit inside with the PCBA, and that short circuit is transferring to LB2 through the gimbal cable and causing video not to work on the LB2?

Maybe I will try to disconnect gimbal cable from LB2 ajnd then see if I can get video from GoPro at hdmi port of LB2 only...
2016-8-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

edducati Posted at 2016-8-26 05:17
Yes on GH4. I have IMU led on gimbal but no light at HD/AV on gimbal. Not green, not red, no light ...

A bad HD/AV board is most likely the root cause for the issue. Be advised that the LB2 can only get power when it is connected to a gimbal via the gimbal port. The direct HDMI port does not provide power, so plugging in just the GoPro would not work. If you set the Image transmission completely to LB, that should provide solely a video feed from the GoPro. Is this your first time setting this rig up, or have you had this unit for some time?
2016-8-25
Use props
edducati
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-26 06:46
A bad HD/AV board is most likely the root cause for the issue. Be advised that the LB2 can only ge ...

It was working with A2, and lightbridge1 before according to the last owner but I cannot confirm. This is the first time I setup an S1000, I am an Inspire 1 owner with X3 and X5.

Thanks for your help Jamie
2016-8-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

edducati Posted at 2016-8-26 09:07
It was working with A2, and lightbridge1 before according to the last owner but I cannot confirm.  ...

You're welcome. Based on what you have provided, you would want to look into a repair service for this GH4. If you bought this second hand, you may want to acquire a copy of their proof of purchase to see if you can get the service covered under the warranty.
2016-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules