Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3P Lightning Video
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
storm1000
lvl.1

United States

Just sharing a little lightning video I got a few days ago with my P3P ... enjoy

2016-3-6
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

Amazing. You are going to make me break Canadian law to get shots like this. Lol
2016-3-6
Use props
storm1000
lvl.1

United States

mrGREEK360 Posted at 2016-3-7 01:50
Amazing. You are going to make me break Canadian law to get shots like this. Lol

Thanks mrGREEK360 ... I had my P3P about 250 feet up, so not all that high at all.
2016-3-7
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.4

I like it.
Looks awesome. I would be afraid that my bird would become a lightning rod...lol
2016-3-7
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

A question for the professionals out there.  If you were to use an ND filter on shots like that,  would it get rid of most of the bloom from the lightning while still keeping most of the detail of the stuff on the ground?  If so,   what level filter and what camera settings would you recommend to keep as much detail and lose as much bloom as possible?  Assuming a pretty dark night,  medium clouds?   We get some strange looking lightning storms here from time to time where the lightning mostly stays in the clouds just crackling around internally , sort of.  I would love to get some imagery of that, it is very hard to describe how  odd it looks, but I never pull it off because of the bloom.
2016-3-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-8 14:15
A question for the professionals out there.  If you were to use an ND filter on shots like that,  wo ...

The luminous intensity of a lightning flash is far higher than sunlight, so it is extremely hard to expose for both the flash and the background detail. A polarising filter might help, but I have never tried it to find out.
2016-3-7
Use props
bahamasboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13845 ft

Nice video!  What vid settings were you using?
2016-3-7
Use props
PommyDownUnder
lvl.3

Australia

Great shot, and your a brave man !!
2016-3-7
Use props
storm1000
lvl.1

United States

bahamasboy@aol. Posted at 2016-3-7 21:54
Nice video!  What vid settings were you using?

I was shooting in 1080p 60 fps in full auto mode.  Was a quick flight up and back since window of time was small before the wall of rain hit, otherwise I would have fiddled with manual settings, but yea, full auto and no lense filter
2016-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules