Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 hangs left in flight and whilst hovering
1090 8 2016-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ayrshireuav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 957297 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Help!

I've calibrated everything I can, I've reset what I can and I've checked for any damage. Yet my I1 still hangs left in flight and when left to hover. It's becoming a nightmare and controlling it is testing my skills to the extreme. Missed a massive tree yesterday with only the width of the I1.

Any ideas or have I missed something that needs checked?
2016-3-7
Use props
Harb
lvl.4

Australia

That would near have to be a GPS issues I think.....
The bird would do all it could to maintain GPS position if all is working ok
Are you getting plenty of Sats locked in ?
You don't happen to have any aftermarket things stuck on the bird that may be shielding the GPS antenna ?
2016-3-7
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

What are your IMU values looking like? Calibration ok?
Failing that, is your Inspire symmetrical when in landing mode? One side not more angled than the other?

Sounds like a case of send it in I'd say.  
2016-3-7
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Perhaps  damaged unit ,  ( not in Atti mode are you?)  You say you have calibrated every-thing .  Including RC ?  Any hard landings ?
  Change your props( warped or damaged )   perhaps,  I am reaching here I know ......  Make sure that ( Dont " check" do full IMU  calibration  ) IMU calibration is done on a dead flat surface and dont even breath on it during calibration.  Check the  gyro  Settings also while stationary  see if there way off.  . Make sure gear is all the  way Up.  Not Flying with gear down are you?   See how much play is in the landing gear struts, a little is ok but Not sloppy.  Make sure compass calibration is done with NO METAL, not even change in pocket.  Do it once  correctly in the area you fly, preferably in wide open field.  Then only re-calibrate when you travel over 100 miles.  
Check you gyroscopic, acceleration and Compass   settings by placing the aircraft on dead level surface like you are going to do IMU full calibration, look at all the settings and write them down, Now take and move the aircraft in the air like it was flying and then set it back down.  Are the Gyroscopic, compass , acceleration  settings settling back to the( Near)original settings?  

Keep us posted, I would like to know if and when these get resolved .....or not

Cheers- donnie
2016-3-7
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

might me an IMU issue (try to do the cold calibration) Or GPS signal is too weak...  if nothing works you'll probably have to send it in for further testing and repair
2016-3-7
Use props
ayrshireuav
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Harb Posted at 2016-3-7 10:24
That would near have to be a GPS issues I think.....
The bird would do all it could to maintain GPS  ...

Hi, I had 14 sats locked. I've got nothing attached that isn't from DJI.
2016-3-8
Use props
ayrshireuav
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ayrshireuav Posted at 2016-3-8 10:13
Hi, I had 14 sats locked. I've got nothing attached that isn't from DJI.

Thanks guys. I'm taking it on a trip today. I'll do everything you've advised to make sure I'm not forgetting something. I'll keep you posted.
2016-3-8
Use props
Starship
Second Officer

United States

Make sure the surface you are on is perfectly level before you do your IMU calibration.   
2016-3-8
Use props
Alastair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

Starship Posted at 2016-3-8 14:58
Make sure the surface you are on is perfectly level before you do your IMU calibration.

Also important, when you do the IMU calibration that the AC is cold.
2016-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules