Osmo and Galaxy Note 5 - terrible video feed since Go update
2316 11 2016-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lofty Visions
lvl.2

Australia

Hi folks

I have been using my Note 5 with my Osmo with no issues whatsoever until only recently. I think it was since the latest DJI Go app update that my video feed has become all laggy and blocky as though there is a slow wifi connection or similar. It's not the Osmo as i tested it with my ipad mini 2 and it worked perfectly and nothing has changed on the Note 5 except the DJI Go app.

I am also suffering occasional app crashes and errors saying that the camera is connected to another device, when it clearly isn't. The only thing that fixes it is a restart of the phone and osmo. I have tried everything like disabling/clearing the video cache, formatting the SD card, trying it without the sd card, reinstalling the DJI Go app, reinstalling the osmo firmware, resetting the osmo wifi, changing video settings (curently on 1080p 60fps), deleting the osmo wifi network etc etc.

I am running the latest Osmo firmware (bugfix) and latest DJI go app on Lollipop 5.1. Recorded video is unaffected, only the video feed has gone to crap.

I repeat, it was working perfectly only a month ago, which was the last time i used it.

Anyone have any ideas? Also, has anyone got an apk of the previous DJI go app that I can install to test please? I have a job on next week and need this thing to be working.
Thanks
John

EDIT: tested DJI Go 2.4.3 apk which was the version I was using last time the osmo worked.- still the same issues!!
2016-3-7
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
Can you use another compatible mobile device which you've never install the DJI GO App before to have a test?
2016-3-7
Use props
Lofty Visions
lvl.2

Australia

Hi, just tested it with a Galaxy S5 (and an iPad Mini 2 previously) and it works perfectly.  Must be something to do with the Galaxy Note 5 but I don't understand why it's not working now because it was perfect around the end of January, which was the last time I used the Osmo
2016-3-7
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Lofty Visions Posted at 2016-3-7 20:24
Hi, just tested it with a Galaxy S5 (and an iPad Mini 2 previously) and it works perfectly.  Must be ...

I'm afraid it's kind of complicated. It depends on the programs in your mobile device. eg. After a period of running, you've installed many different Apps, some of them may invoke same function which may lead to conflict. Some of them may not be compatible with each other very well, which may cause App crash finally.
2016-3-8
Use props
Lofty Visions
lvl.2

Australia

Thanks, I fixed it by using the Greenify app to hibernate other apps like Litchi etc and it now works again. Thank you for your help :-)
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Lofty Visions Posted at 2016-3-8 20:50
Thanks, I fixed it by using the Greenify app to hibernate other apps like Litchi etc and it now work ...

You're welcome! For any issue, please feel free to contact us.
look forward to your other sharing!
2016-3-9
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

Yeah the thing about Android is things running the background are seriously sap the resources on the phone. DJI Go appears to be quite resource intensive
2016-3-9
Use props
ddunbar1972
Ban Posts

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

ddunbar1972 Posted at 2016-3-15 22:34
Dji has now a deal with Apple so what is seems like to me they are favoring IOS over android. It use ...

Hello!
Speaking of the issue you have about the video feed with Osmo, I'd say it's very normal for electronic device to have a poorer performance when the temperature raise up too high. Please just take care of and operate it properly to prolong the lifetime of your devices.
As for the Note 3 and Note 4, please note that all the recommended devices all go through our engineers' full tests, to get the best warranty and service, we would recommended the devices we've tested. The other excluded devices may be compatible with DJI GO App, but we don't guarantee without any test and trial all the good performance.
In addition, IMHO, about the IOS and Android version, the publish date difference may vary from time to time, it doesn't imply any preference.

Thanks for your feedback and your support to DJI!
2016-3-16
Use props
skyml
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4741906 ft
United States

Am having the exact same problem as above:

Interesting problem with the OSMO. Haven't used it in the last month and took it out yesterday and got two errors one was connecting to my Samsung Note 5 DJIGO App (wifi connects just fine as usual).

I kept getting the error that the osmo was connected to another device yet there was no other device connected or on.

Second was the worst video image ever and serious latency when something did try to show.

Weird part is, am running latest firmware and app (today I even upgraded to the 1.5.2 fw and am getting same error!) and last use with same device and fw/app I had zero problems.

Tried reseting the connection. tried uninstalling app and reinstalling, tried new DJIGo App, tried rebooting my note 5, switched from 2.4 to 5.8GHz on wifi, then I tried my iPad mini 3... osmo worked perfect as before. So I retried my Note 5 this time shutting down many different background apps and it worked. So I shut is all down, restarted both osmo and Note 5 and tried again, same error. So I shut down the background apps one a t a time to see if I could single them out.... didn't work this time.

Odd, my Note 5 has the same apps as before, nothing different or new and the Osmo just sat in its case and was working perfect before.

Works perfect with iPad mini 3.

Can't figure this one out.
2016-3-17
Use props
skyml
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4741906 ft
United States

skyml Posted at 2016-3-17 17:34

Interesting problem with the OSMO. Haven't used it in th ...

Tried Greenify.... getting better results but video is still real glitchy.
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

skyml Posted at 2016-3-18 07:34

Interesting problem with the OSMO. Haven't used it in th ...

Thanks for your feedback!
IMO, it's still the problem of your mobile devices. After all, each unit may differ from each other even though they are the same models. No two leaves are alike.
As for the two errors you had been facing, the latest version v1.5.2.0 has improved that two points.
2016-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules