Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3P - DJI Go 2.6.1 (for Android) Problems?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha,

For two days now, I have been running DJI Go 2.6.1 and the most noticeable change has been the battery warning levels.  My normal warning levels are 10 percent for critical and 30 percent for initial warning as used to be the default for the P3 Professional.  That was workable.  Yesterday, in the midst of a 400 foot altitude survey of my country neighborhood, I had my driver go on to Kahekili highway (35 mph) and then through to Kamehameha Highway (35 mph) and on down to Wailehua Road to turn Mauka (toward the mountain) when suddenly I started to get a battery warning (RTH!) while waiting to turn left (American style lanes).  WTF!  Somehow, my standard settings, that were the default of DJI, had been changed to a 35 percent RTH.  Well, after we turned and I was able to step out of my soiled chair in the back of the truck, the P3, still at 400 feet, announced the standard 30 percent warning.  (It was a long wait to turn left.)  I landed the P3 in my friends parking lot and swapped batteries and took off again to head home (we were on a schedule).

Aside from the fact that we had descended -158 feet from my home launch spot to the parking lot and returned to a comparably lower altitude at home (163 foot above the controller for 400 feet - I do not know how this math works out - just telling it like it was), everything else was normal until it again gave me the RTH warning at 35 percent.  Fortunately I was already at home - except it wanted to go back to the parking lot a mile and a half down hill where the last home point was declared!  Well, if you know how to handle RTH warnings, you know it was duck soup to clear the warnings, burn some more battery and finally land at a respectable battery percentage.  But, still!  BTW, a big mahalo to this forum so I could do that!
     That evening / night, I studied the problem while I was charging my batteries.  The events of the day were strange so I checked my software versions and learned my DJI Go had been updated to 2.6.1.  It turns out that my battery settings using only the DJI GO app (2.6.1) have a 20 percent Critical Warning and a 35 percent initial warning threatening RTH.  Strange, but there it was!

OK now, sorry to throw in another variable, but we tried "Follow Me" for the same mission the next day after enabling an Android feature that would have allowed me to use Follow Me for the initial survey the day before.  Follow Me worked great when we enabled my device to discuss location data with a nearby device!  First day I had to drive my P3, the second day "Follow Me" flew my P3.

So, for the second day we start everything up and my P3 registers the standard 10 percent Critical Warning and 30 percent initial warning.  (OK, we are all doing better after a good night's sleep.)  We travel the back-roads at 400 feet with the amazing Follow Me driving and probably doing a better job than I did the day before.  We cover areas missed the previous day and turn for home when again I get this off-the-wall RTH battery warning at 35 percent.  But now I am stuck between high power lines and large, tall trees and trying to figure out how to land.  This time the RTH Home Point is still at my house, so I figure trying to land between high power lines and large, tall trees is worth the attempt.  There were almost no problems.  The only thing out of ordinary was my video downlink feed was distorted a few times.  Love my P3!  We packed everything up and drove home.

So now, I have two sets of battery warnings that will require sorting out.  Anyone else getting this strange brew?

Aloha and Drone On!

2016-3-7
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

The default setting in the app is still the same, please provide a screenshot of the flight record or synchronize the it and provide your flight account. The H point of the battery level indicator means the power requires to return home, it's dependent on the distance to the home point, so it's not necesssary to be the same as the low battery level warning setting, so it's possible to have a RTH request from the app even if the battery still have much power left. QQ图片20160314180723.jpg For the H point, it means the aircraft needs to RTH ASAP or there won't be enough power for it to return to home. So the RTH request is caculated by the RTH distance and current battery level, it's not the battery level you set in the app.  For example, if your low battery level warning in the app is 30%, the aircraft might issue a RTH request even if there is 40% power left because the current position is far away from the home point you set, it needs at least 40% power to return to home.
2016-3-14
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-13 23:51
The default setting in the app is still the same, please provide a screenshot of the flight record o ...

Aloha Amy,

Yes, Mam!  The wind is finally getting below 10 m / sec.  I will video document my concern.  Mahalo for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-3-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Cetaman Posted at 2016-3-14 18:04
Aloha Amy,

Yes, Mam!  The wind is finally getting below 10 m / sec.  I will video document m ...

I added a picture to show the theory, I hope you can understand the meaning.
2016-3-14
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-14 00:13
I added a picture to show the theory, I hope you can understand the meaning.

Aloha Amy,

You have explained my battery problem very well and the image really helped (since I am a very visual guy).  The idea that the upgraded app (DJI Go 2.6.1) was the source of my problem was only because it was the most noticeable new variable.  It is so easy to see now that my misunderstanding of what was happening to my P3 is very similar to what others experience and blame on DJI products and software.  Well, the wind has died down, but the rain has started, so I will still have to wait to test your explanation.

The reason I feel your explanation for my experience is right on the mark is because I was flying out of the ordinary.  I was using "Follow Me" and also piloting my P3 from the back of a moving truck.  You explained how in each case, my home point was very far away and my P3 was just informing me that it was time to head home - even though in my mind, home was where the controller was and that was right under the P3.  I had failed to indicate on the flight desktop that the remote controller should be regarded as the home point and not the last point when my P3 was started.  I have never had the need to make that distinction before and now I know to make that distinction in follow-me flight conditions.  

Mahalo Nui Loa Amy for helping me resolve this issue.  You have opened the door for a whole bunch of new experiments and discoveries about my P3!

Aloha and Drone On!

2016-3-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Cetaman Posted at 2016-3-15 08:24
Aloha Amy,

You have explained my battery problem very well and the image really helped (sinc ...

About the home point, it's very important to make sure you've set a home point after the aircraft take off, if you look at the map, there will be a blue point which means the home point was successfully recorded. If you don't change it, the spot will be the home point of this flight, that means, whenever there is a signal lost, the aircraft will return to this point, so it's very important to know where is your home point is and whether it has been recorded or not. If there is no home point recorded, it will be a fly away when there is a RC signal lost, since the aircraft have no idea where it should go. Besides, you can always refresh the home point by setting the current aircraft position or the current remote position(your positioin) as the home point in the app.
2016-3-14
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.4

Besides, you can always refresh the home point by setting the current aircraft position or the current remote position(your positioin) as the home point in the app.

How do you do that in the Go App?
2016-3-14
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

mcphipps900 Posted at 2016-3-14 16:24
Besides, you can always refresh the home point by setting the current aircraft position or the curre ...

Aloha mcphipps,

On the Flight Screen at the lower left is the Home Point icon.  Press that and two other icons display, one for the P3 (paper airplane) and one for the Remote Controller.  (But now the new P4 version of the DJI Go app has come out and my P3 has been grounded by the upgrade.  So, no flying for me until I unlock this signal communication problem.)

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-3-15
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-14 16:03
About the home point, it's very important to make sure you've set a home point after the aircraft t ...

Aloha Amy,

Mahalo for the help with this!  I did not realize at the time that there was so much different about traveling when you fly.  It is nice that the only problem was the confusion of it all.  But, that is all moot now that the new version of the DJI Go app has come out.  

My P3 has been grounded by the upgrade.  So, no flying for me until I unlock this signal communication problem.  Any ideas?  I can sign on to my account with the new DJI Go app 2.7.0. but it will not allow communication between my RC and the P3.  It also says my firmware is up to date, but does not list the version numbers in "About".

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Cetaman Posted at 2016-3-16 14:46
Aloha Amy,

Mahalo for the help with this!  I did not realize at the time that there was so m ...

Can you enter the camera view? You need to connect the aircraft to get the firmware version. What is the LED on the remote controller? Please try to restart all the stuff and try to link the RC and the aircraft again.
2016-3-15
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.4

United States

Cetaman Posted at 2016-3-16 02:31
Aloha mcphipps,

On the Flight Screen at the lower left is the Home Point icon.  Press that a ...

Thank you.
2016-3-16
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-15 21:29
Can you enter the camera view? You need to connect the aircraft to get the firmware version. What i ...

Aloha Amy,

The DJI Go app will take me to camera view, but it has "no signal".  Even the Auto-Take-Off works, but it says Take-Off Failed.  

The remote controller LED is light green.  Every time I try to link the P3P to the RC, I get a white pop-up that says something like "establishing frequency" and then nothing.

The Google Maps update themselves and the device is connected to the WiFi and Internet.  When I am in the DJI Go Flight Desktop (camera view) there is the "No Signal" in the Status Bar.  When I shut down the P3P, the no signal changes to "disconnected".  Mahalo for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-3-16
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Can you enter the camera view? You need to connect the aircraft to get the firmware version. What i ...

Aloha Amy,

Oops!  I forgot about the manual linking of RC to P3.
Ken posted this one and reminded me.  I will be giving that a try and let you know.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-3-16
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Amy,

Bummer, it did not work.  In the last two years, with Phantom 2s and P3s I have never been able to link controllers to Phantoms.  The problem is always solved by another means.  But, I still try!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Cetaman Posted at 2016-3-17 05:48
Aloha Amy,

The DJI Go app will take me to camera view, but it has "no signal".  Even the Aut ...

Could you provide a screenshot of the camera view and the establishing frequency warning?
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Cetaman Posted at 2016-3-17 05:48
Aloha Amy,

The DJI Go app will take me to camera view, but it has "no signal".  Even the Aut ...

By the way, when did this problem happen? After or before the firmware update?
2016-3-16
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-16 16:39
By the way, when did this problem happen? After or before the firmware update?

Aloha Amy,

When I started reading that the P3 and DJI Go were being updated, I decided to do my P3 first.  It was easy and went without a hitch.  Then I loaded the new DJI Go app that was already noticed on my non-compliant but previously working Android Galaxy Tab Pro (T520).  The app loaded fine but indicated I needed to update the Remote Controller.  I started the update for the controller and the update downloaded fine.  Then the installation started and nothing has worked properly since.  Mostly, I have the "No Signal" problem.  Everything else seems to be OK.  I even get a status report sometimes that the firmware is the latest.  I then look at the "About" page and there are no listed versions.

I am working on getting you screenshots as per your request.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-3-17
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-16 16:34
Could you provide a screenshot of the camera view and the establishing frequency warning?

Aloha Amy,

Here is the Camera View.  The blue circle is an Android dot;

Here is the "Confirm Frequency Settings" pop-up

Aloha and Drone On!
No Signal.jpg
CFS RC.jpg
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Cetaman Posted at 2016-3-17 17:35
Aloha Amy,

Here is the Camera View.  The blue circle is an Android dot;

Can you calibrate the remote?
2016-3-17
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-17 00:27
Can you calibrate the remote?

Aloha Amy,

Tomorrow, I will give it a try.  Kind of late now.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Cetaman Posted at 2016-3-17 18:30
Aloha Amy,

Tomorrow, I will give it a try.  Kind of late now.

OK. Good night.
2016-3-17
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Kakahiaka Amy,

Aloha kakahiaka means good morning.  That was a good call about trying to calibrate the RC because the RC does not calibrate.  The RC does not seem to be communicating with the DJI Go app.

I also tried the whole process again and this time, the P3 gave a series of two beeps for about a minute or so after I turned on the battery.  (The binding light was still red.)  Other than that still no luck.  Mahalo again for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-3-17
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Amy,

Finally, the problem is solved.  Everything is working fine.  Now to break in the new options.  Mahalo again for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules