Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
PV2 Plus Inspection/maintenance report
3524 11 2015-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

My 20 hours flight inspection and maintenace report PV2+
Scheduled for 10 hours flight intervals

NOTE: Previous first inspection(10 hours flight) nothing to report. No mods, all stock, except TK102 GPS tracker/GPS upgraded copper sheild

This is the second report (20 hours flight) 8th January 2015

1. Nearly all screw fixings (11 out of 12 shell cover release screws) show stress cracks, possibly due to over tightning, or vibration(combination of both). How ever, i am very carefull NOT to over tighten. Hair line fracture in left rear motor mounting screw hole fixing
2. There was a Build up of dirt/grit/dust in all departments

Dust build up on the electronics can casue over heating and premature failure. Grit entering the motors can cause a motor failure.

3. Battery connector terminals showed plating wear on all terminals(Controller and batteries)
4. A connection to the NAZA module was "slightly"  loose
5. GPS upgrade copper sheilding in good condition. 6 sat locks inside the house near the window, 11 sats outside. Good result for my location.
6. Excessive amount of dirt build up on the camera cable inside the Phantom
7. The Motor bearings show NO sign of "play or noise"
8. The camera gimbal appears to be making more "noise" than when it was brand new. (No camera gimbal maintenance has been performed)
9. Props show no signs of stress cracks/fatigue/damage. Batteries show no signs of swelling.

Assistant software indicates all with in acceptable parameters
Nothing overly concerning, only normal wear and tear and dirt build up.
Just a good clean with a horse hair camera lense brush
All other connections and solder joints show no signs of damage/wear or overheating.Transmitter and range extender in good order, except when recharging the AA batteries, the adhesive on one battery came loose once and prevented the transmitter from turning on, because it insulated a battery connection.All LED's  other fittings compass/firmware landing gear ect in good order

NOTE: There appears to be what looks like a optical sensor undeneath the Phantom, i am unable to find any information on what it is exactly.

PLATING WEAR

PLATING WEAR

CRACKS

CRACKS

MORE CRACKS

MORE CRACKS

MORE CRACKS

MORE CRACKS

MORE CRACKS

MORE CRACKS

CRACKS

CRACKS

dIRT

dIRT

dirt on the esc

dirt on the esc

cracks

cracks
IMG_1785.jpg

cracks

cracks

GPS upgrade sheild

GPS upgrade sheild

Camera cable dirt build up

Camera cable dirt build up

Is this a optical sensor

Is this a optical sensor

Is this a optical sensor ?

Is this a optical sensor ?

Dirt dropped out

Dirt dropped out

BATTERY PLATING WEAR

BATTERY PLATING WEAR

loose connection

loose connection

6 SATS IN DOORS

6 SATS IN DOORS
2015-1-9
Use props
knowonecares
lvl.1
United States

Not an Optical sensor, looks like the Bind-To-Transmitter button when RC-connection to Phantom is lost.
2015-1-9
Use props
applekiller
lvl.3
Flight distance : 138458 ft
Canada

Hi  @tonyphantom147

Great post !!!    What version is your PV2+ ?

Thanks
2015-1-9
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

applekiller Posted at 2015-1-10 02:44
Hi  @tonyphantom147

Great post !!!    What version is your PV2+ ?

V2........
2015-1-9
Use props
applekiller
lvl.3
Flight distance : 138458 ft
Canada

Thanks.. I have a V3 and was looking at some of your shots and I see some differences... with how the cabling is done ect,    RF coils on ribbon cables   ect.      I'm amazed at some of the dirt...  I guess to be expected with the kind of airflow this thing generates.    What sort of environments do you fly in ?    beach ,  city,   rural ?    Just curious.

Thanks,
2015-1-9
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Tony,
I guess by the blue residue around the screw holes that you used some sort of threadlock ?
Threadlock and plastic generally do not go well together, that and the over tightening have caused the cracks in my opinion.
2015-1-9
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

applekiller Posted at 2015-1-10 03:09
Thanks.. I have a V3 and was looking at some of your shots and I see some differences... with how th ...

Rural flying, near mud tracks trees, so dirt will build up.  As long as it's cleaned regular it should work fine.
2015-1-9
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-1-10 03:24
Hi Tony,
I guess by the blue residue around the screw holes that you used some sort of threadlock ?  ...

Yes I agree,It's a powder based sealant, yes it could be the cause, but some cracks have no blue residue
2015-1-9
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

knowonecares Posted at 2015-1-10 01:54
Not an Optical sensor, looks like the Bind-To-Transmitter button when RC-connection to Phantom is lo ...

Right ok, so it can be pressed to bind transmitter. Ok...
2015-1-9
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tony, great post.. thanks.
2015-1-14
Use props
mike
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You definitely don't want to use and kind of thread lock (e.g. Loctite). It's known to cause cracks just like in your photos.

You might be able to get away with it if you apply a tiny bit of thread lock just to the threads of the screws and let it dry before you insert the screws. You'll see DJI does that on some of their screws.
2015-1-14
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

If you are just inspecting for cracks, a dark color food coloring or dye will work good and you could wipe off the excess.
2015-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules