travel with my phantom 3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bluesky skydive
lvl.2
Canada

Hi

I'm going to vancouver in a month, and of course, want to bring my phantom 3 whith me to take great shot in the rocky mountain.

Have you ever take plane whit your drone? can i bring it whit me on the plane in a carry on luggage or if i have to put it with my other luggage?
its a flight from canada to canada, so no border.

2016-3-7
Use props
rainer.knoedler
lvl.1

Germany

Hi, i took my DJI P3 from Germany to Italy some times. There was no problems. Only in Germany i was controlled about explosive. Its ready about 5 minutes. And backward in Italy they don't know what it is or what they have to do
2016-3-7
Use props
Nicola90s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3060869 ft
Russia

rainer.knoedler Posted at 2016-3-7 22:54
Hi, i took my DJI P3 from Germany to Italy some times. There was no problems. Only in Germany i was  ...

I recently flight from Rome and they made control about explosive and I think that finally they know it
However you should take it as hand luggage, as I know is forbidden put batteries on boarded suitcase.
2016-3-7
Use props
Oleksiy
lvl.3
Switzerland

I flew from Switzerland to Ukraine and back with Phantom 3 recently. I took hard-shell case with Phantom 3 as hand-luggage. I discharged my two batteries to about 40% and put it also into the hard-shell backpack.

I put propellers however into the checked baggage, as they may seem to be sharp.

I printed also a poster where it is written that Li-Po batteries up to 100 watt-hours are allowed if properly packed. Something like this: https://www.faa.gov/about/office ... s_and_batteries.pdf and also printed the page from the DJI website, where it is stated that the P3 battery has got 67 watt-hours. I put these papers into the hard-shell backpack.

But it seems that security people know it.  I had no problems whatsoever. But in any case, do not transport fully charged batteries. And do not put them into the checked-in baggage. I heard that in such a case the baggage maybe delayed or stay at the airport.
2016-3-21
Use props
Rincewind
lvl.4
  • >>>
Taiwan

Hi! I've flown with it from Taiwan to Spain, New Zealand, China, and Germany, and had no problems what so ever. I'd recommend you to keep your batteries in LiPo bags, and to cover the contacts with cling film  (neither nor do improve security in any meaningful way, but airport security does enjoy the ritual).
You should always carry at least the batteries as carry on, the body of the phantom, your choice... I just don't trust airport personnel with my P3A, and carry it with me at all time (even while sleeping )

2016-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules