Phantom 2 Vision Connection to Phantom Failed
2867 3 2016-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alan_hunter1664
New

United Kingdom

I have been given a Phantom 2 vision. All systems work other that i'm struggling to get the Phantom to connect to my iPhone These are the observations and actions i've taken.
Observations
1. Camera switched to Wi-Fi and green light on (but not flashing)
2. Iphone connected to Phantom range extender 'Phantom_xxxxx'  
3. Camera bound to range extender in DJI Vision App. As I didn't have the box with the QDI code so I had to scan the Phantom_xxxxx network to display the camera netwok mac address which it did so I'm assuming the Camera Wi-Fi ('F200_xxxxx') is working although not visible on any of my computers.
4. When I select camera through the DJI app the Range extender icon is highlighed blue but all other functions are disabled with the message 'Connection to Phantom Failed'.
5. I've tried two different iphones, ipad and an android device with the same results so don't think it is the app.
6. Camera will record when manually selected on the camera.
7. I can access the camera internal web page address 192.168.1.2 through my wi-fi scanner and everything looks normal.
8. Tried different switch on sequences but no difference.
9. Camera firmware updated to latest version.
10. Phantom firmwate updated to latest version (however, if I try and re-update it tells me it has failed but on re-boot everything looks ok and reports firmware at latest version)

The system is old so isn't realy cost effective to repair, i can get a functioning second hand one on ebay for the cost of a new camera, but I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas or suggestions prior to me giving up.

Alan

2016-3-7
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Has the phantom ever had a hard landing? doubtful you will know for sure!!
i would be inclined to think it could be the internal wifi module in the Phantom or a loose connection as you indicate the camera otherwise takes picts etc.
2016-3-7
Use props
alan_hunter1664
New

United Kingdom

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-3-8 02:29
Has the phantom ever had a hard landing? doubtful you will know for sure!!
i would be inclined to th ...

Thanks for the response.
I don't know if it has had a hard landing but there are no signs to say that it has, the legs and body are in perfect shape and show no signs of crash damage. I've opened up the phantom and everything looks in place and there has been no tampering. My understanding is that in the vision the wi-fi unit is integral in the camera and not in the phantom body. To me it looks like the wifi is working but there is no data transmission so not sure if this is the phantom or the camera. I think i need a second hand one to slave in to test!
Alan
2016-3-8
Use props
Tricky70
lvl.1
United States

did you ever figure this out? im having the same problem
2017-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules