DJI CRASHED PLEASE HELP
1064 3 2016-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jared.carlson
New

Australia

Hi guys,

I made a foolish mistake and turned the motors off mid flight resulting in my DJI phantom 3 professional falling 10-15m to the ground.

At a glance it only damaged the legs which have been replaced in the photos. The gimbal sits on a crazy angle when off but when turned on it sits level and continues to level itself with movement.

I have now noticed that the gimbal arm with the gold plate looks slightly bent which could be the reason for "gimbal motor overload" coming up on the app.

DJI GO app appears to recognise the drone but has no camera connecting to it. It flies fine but obviously I need the camera back working.

I guess what I'm trying to find out is.. Is there any way out of buying a whole new gimbal & camera or am I out of luck?

What would you suggest?

Thanks so much in advance!
Jared
2016-3-7
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

I'm afraid that you will have to send i back to DJI for repair...  http://www.dji.com/support
2016-3-8
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-8 11:54
I'm afraid that you will have to send i back to DJI for repair...  http://www.dji.com/support

Tim

How do we send a drone back to DJI for repair from the UK ... there is no support request form to complete and no instructions for what to do on the EU page of the support site.

Thanks
2016-3-25
Use props
raveneapoe
lvl.2

United States

There are two gray ribbon connectors running from the Phantom to the gimble .   One of them may have become unplugged in the crash.  Check them to see if they are both connected.    If they are connected the (flimsy) black ribbon cable that connects the camera and all gimble motors may be torn.   If it is that would necessitate installing a new ribbon cable.   If you're brave and handy there are you tube videos describing the entire process.

I wish you the best of luck.

Edit:  "I have now noticed that the gimbal arm with the gold plate looks  slightly bent which could be the reason for "gimbal motor overload"  coming up on the app."

I didn't notice this when I posted, but the gimbal arm and ribbon cable can be purchased from DJI and other vendors.  If you do not wish to repair it yourself, you may ask around local electronic and hobby shops to see if you can find someone who can do it for you.
2016-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules