Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Watch Out! Eagles About!
810 7 2016-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dark Knight
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Something else us drone enthusiasts have to worry about encountering! Surely thats got to hurt the eagle?

2016-3-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Only in Holland, so never fear, the air is clear here. You hear? Hahaha
Or I'd have to start bringing a Saunders Archery Falcon II wrist rocket with me...

RedHotPoker
2016-3-8
Use props
nick4098
lvl.1

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-3-8 09:21
Only in Holland, so never fear, the air is clear here. You hear? Hahaha
Or I'd have to start bringin ...

British police are doing the same in London, I believe.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/feb/08/scotland-yard-interested-in-using-eagles-to-take-down-drones

Can't say I blame them for coming up with some form of counter-measure to deal with unlawful drones in sensitive or highly-populated areas.

I would imagine they would mainly be envisaged as being used to counter any terrorism threat rather than targeting recreational flyers, but I suppose it would be hard to differentiate between the two.

Hopefully there will be a public information campaign so people don't lose their drones by unwittingly breaking the law.
2016-3-8
Use props
leanlinao
First Officer
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

That is fancy, if the drone is bigger than the phantom the eagle may never fly again because a phantom alone can injure an eagle at full throttle. It is very wasteful to maintain an eagle unless for special important occasions.
2016-3-8
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.4

United States

This is very old but I will state what I've said in the past on this subject. I can't believe anyone would risk the well being of a Raptor. A Phantom as mentioned above is more than enough to injure a Raptor....larger drones could easily kill one.
2016-3-8
Use props
wellsi
Captain
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Watch the video... they seem to have no issues at all grabbing them .  I guess their legs are designed to withstand snapping teeth of their prey.......
2016-3-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

SVTRay Posted at 2016-3-9 00:34
This is very old but I will state what I've said in the past on this subject. I can't believe anyone ...

Yes, Old and agree, what are these idiots doing to these birds,
Surely there is another more technologically advanced way to do this...
2016-3-8
Use props
Dark Knight
lvl.1

United Kingdom

One things for sure if this happened to me I aint asking that bird for my drone back...he can have it.

Not sure how this would work in the US though. Specially if someone is 'packing heat'.
2016-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules