Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controller with brittle cracked plastic
2133 7 2016-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vdamiani
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36657 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

The headers where all the screws go into my controller are broken or cracked. The plastic is really bad quality.
I would like to know if its possible to buy just the shell of the controller for the Phantom 3 pro.
The new one os almost the price of the phantom itself! Absurd
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

What caused the crack? did you dropped it?  I didn't see remote shells available out there...
2016-3-8
Use props
vdamiani
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36657 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-8 19:57
What caused the crack? did you dropped it?  I didn't see remote shells available out there...

I didn't drop it, but I suspect it may have beed exposed to harsh movements during transportation. Seems like the sticks were forced into the controller, cracking all the threads and subsequentially the whole controller and buttons.
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

vdamiani Posted at 2016-3-9 06:14
I didn't drop it, but I suspect it may have beed exposed to harsh movements during transportation. ...

well in this case you will have to send it back to DJI. The only thing i'm afraid of is that the repair probably will not be  covered by warranty
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

vdamiani Posted at 2016-3-9 06:14
I didn't drop it, but I suspect it may have beed exposed to harsh movements during transportation. ...

Although I don't believe the controller would be covered under warranty as it probably shows the condition, I am curious just to see a photo of it.
And when you say it may have been exposed to harsh movements during transportation, what exactly do you mean. Was it in the back of a truck while off-roading? Just curious how you transport it. And is the Phantom in the same condition?
2016-3-9
Use props
AlexChok
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2615007 ft
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-9 20:24
Although I don't believe the controller would be covered under warranty as it probably shows the c ...

I also have problems with housing and cracks! Why dji once does not make high quality plastic ???
2016-6-22
Use props
AlexChok
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2615007 ft
Netherlands

These photos show the quality of plastic. Absolutely all the rays are cracket!
Condition of remote control even worse - same situation.

2016-6-23
Use props
Temblor
Banned
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules