Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo video just stops recording
15838 18 2016-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
romos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

It seems that randomly the Osmo just stops recording after 5 or 10 seconds.
In some cases you can see that the video is 10 sec but only 5 sec are recorded. Other cases the video freezes but you can still hear sound.
So far i have upgraded FW, downgraded FW, removed and re-installed DJI Go, tried another card, tried another device, tried other video resolutions but it will just do it!
I am mostly using 1080 in PAL.
Any suggestions that i might have not tried?

Thanks!
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
Does the issue happen in your phone? Or are you talking about the recording in the SD card?
If the video freeze but the sound can be heard in the phone, it probably causes by the image transmission, please check your WiFi condition and your Phone's condition. Make sure you're not running too much multi-tasking programs and free the memory, cache, etc.
If the problem is in the SD card, please make sure you've formatted it in a right way, DJI GO App has the format SD card function in the settings, you can try it. Upgrading the firmware repeatedly will create lots of hidden files in the SD card and may do damage to itself, please just be careful.
2016-3-8
Use props
romos
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-9 06:02
Hello!
Does the issue happen in your phone? Or are you talking about the recording in the SD card?

Thanks for the reply!
This happens on the final video on the SD card.
As i wrote, tried with different phones, even freshly restored to factory settings.
It will also do it when not connected to any phone by just pressing the REC button.
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

romos Posted at 2016-3-10 23:17
Thanks for the reply!
This happens on the final video on the SD card.
As i wrote, tried with diffe ...

You're welcome!
Except for the freeze, how about the quality of the recorded video?
Before you powered off the Osmo, did you press the Record button again to stop the video record?
Another possibility is that your SD card's writing speed is not fast enough.
2016-3-10
Use props
romos
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-11 04:47
You're welcome!
Except for the freeze, how about the quality of the recorded video?
Before you pow ...

Good evening!
I do not switch off the camera so this happens randomly on the same battery.
As for the card, its the one (at the moment) that came with it and i tried it in my P3 Pro with no problems.
Last night i used it on a job and had more than 8 videos that did this 5 sec video and then freeze.
I think its time to give it back to the dealer and let him sort it out.
2016-3-12
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

romos Posted at 2016-3-13 03:00
Good evening!
As for  ...

OK, please contact your dealer for further help. If you have any feedback or update, please write to us freely.
2016-3-13
Use props
ssstudiomx
New

Mexico

I start to have the same problem in. 4k res as I see Dji is not responding to you
2016-3-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

ssstudiomx Posted at 2016-3-15 01:54
I start to have the same problem in. 4k res as I see Dji is not responding to you

For the further answer, please refer to your own thread "Osmo stop recording 4k".
2016-3-15
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

ssstudiomx Posted at 2016-3-15 01:54

Hi, have you got the latest FW on your Osmo? This FW is supposed to fix the 4K recording
2016-3-15
Use props
RogersPhotograp
lvl.1
United States

After having that well known power supply issue I just updated the firmware to the most recent and it fixed that issue. HOWEVER, now recording will randomly stop when the battery extender is attached with AC power adapter. There's no way of telling when it will stop it just happens. All the connections are tight, cables are fine, power is constant. Card is Class 10 90mbs smoking fast write.

You can see in the app that the battery icon will go red and the recording will stop along with the control. It's not a wifi issue as the signal strength is full.  I am recording 4k footage. Am I to understand that now there is an issue with that? Will recording in 1080p make a difference?  These problems come at the most inopportune time as we are filming a production of Sweeney Todd. We had been using the OSMO with no problems for a year and now this issue. It's got to be a firmware issue?  Since I have the latest is there anything else that will stop the random stopping of recording?
2017-3-23
Use props
CyFA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

romos Posted at 2016-3-12 11:00
Good evening!
As for the card, its the one (at the moment) that came with it and i tried it in my P3 Pro with no problems.

UPDATE.
I got mine replaced as it was useless and now am happy with it.
Only problem is with the chargers. So far i have wasted 3 of them. Reason is that they will show the battery is full but using another charger works fine. Tested this many times with the same result.
2017-3-24
Use props
djiuser_NTDZ6kh
New
United Kingdom

Hi, I'm experiencing something similar, the record when on External cord stops, I'm using only oficial equipment to power my OSMO, last weekend, jad a gig and lost a good part of the event because the recording stoped out of nowhere. Is ther a fix or a reason!?
2017-11-7
Use props
djiuser_igmuSTh7i28D
lvl.1

Brazil

Personal ... I have a problem with my osmo ... every recording that I make independent of the recording time that is 10 ... 20 or 30 seconds ... when I press rec button to finish the take and start another .. .. it takes 15 to 20 seconds to rehabilitate the rec ie ... every time I stop the recording it's like he's thinking until he returns to the activity!
I use a cell phone a5 2017 ... card sandisk extreme 64 u3 ... I tested another osmo in my cell phone and with my card and the osmo did not present the same problem!
what could it be?
Thank you
2018-11-14
Use props
Juxquirino
New

United States

i'm having the same problem and I can not find a solution! What i should do?
2019-8-19
Use props
fans70896e85
lvl.1
Italy

I had this problem, just changed the sd card to a faster one
2019-9-1
Use props
bssszzz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 340420 ft
Poland

Got the same problem with my Osmo Pocket. It just stops recording. Sometimes it's after 40 sec, sometimes it's after 5 minutes. Doesn't matter if it's 4k or less.

Software is up to date, battery charged, the same SD card since day 1. It's just so annoying...
2019-10-29
Use props
carmenmonge0809\
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hello, why does my osmo pocket continuously recorded videos, saves them in sections. For example: a 35 minutes recorded video, it is saved divided as  6 minutes videos.
2021-7-11
Use props
djiuser_1a34T0CVXpmX
New

Canada

Which SD card are you using now? I’m having the same problem. Please give me the full info of your sd card that fixed your problem. Thanks
2023-8-6
Use props
djiuser_1a34T0CVXpmX
New

Canada

fans70896e85 Posted at 2019-9-1 11:36
I had this problem, just changed the sd card to a faster one

Which sd card are you using now?
2023-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now