mobile devices not recognized anymore
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

I didnt used my Phantom3 pro since 5 months and i want to sell it because i lost the interested in this hobby and also the faith in the company DJI.
Now since my ipad automaitally updated the DJI App several times in the background which i wasnt aware of i have the problem that my Ipad is on IOS9 and the latest App but my Phantom and remote use 1.4 or even 1.3.

Now the problem, both Ipad and Iphone just cant recognize the remote controller anymore. I used the two different lightning cables but i still get the "how to connect" message when i open the app. I dont hear a signal tone when i plug in the remote to the mobile device and the "can i trust this device" message isnt there anymore. I asked the SJi support and they said i should reinstall the app which i did before several times without any success. So here are my questions, since its 5 months ago i cant remember about every detail, do you need a special DJI lightning cable or just the normal ones from Apple? If now i have two things in my, either the USB Port is defective on my remote controller which is unlikely because it worked before and it was never dropped or something like that and the thing has maybe 10 flights max on it or the FW on the remote controller is not recognized in the app which would mean im screwed because you can only update it with the APP! Otherwise why there is no sound tone anymore when i plug in the controller to the ipad, before i had that sound tone even without starting the app. Anybody has a solution to this problem?

2016-3-8
Use props
gustofusion
lvl.3
United States

You can uninstall the Go app and reinstall an older version that worked. You can also remove any firmware on the P3 and re-flash with any version you like. On the Ipad/Phone go into the settings and un-check automatic updates for the go app. You can get the older firmware and go app here as well ad the factory service .bin file that will remove all firmware allowing you to re-flash...  Dowload url: http://thedailydroner.com/threads/dji-phantom-3-firmware.11/
2016-3-8
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

gustofusion Posted at 2016-3-8 18:03
You can uninstall the Go app and reinstall an older version that worked. You can also remove any fir ...

Thats not really correct because i use IOS devices and i am on IOS 9, cant go back. Older Apps wont work with IOS9. Even if i could downgrade ti IOS8 i doubt that i could install an older DJI APP from the APP store, i never heard about something like that. Apple only offers the latest version of the app. Its maybe true for android.

By the way your link was blocked by my bitdefender anti virus software ? My Phantom3 has the old FW ! and the remotre as well. I like it. The problem is the ipad and and Go app
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Please try to upgrade your aircraft and remote, try to use the original apple cable to connect the remote, turn on the remote-> aicraft->connect the mobile device and then enter the app. Try to restart the app. http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... e_Guide_en_v1.4.pdf
2016-3-8
Use props
arock387
lvl.2

Well you don't want it anymore.  Just send it to me.  I will fix it.  
2016-3-8
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-9 11:27
Please try to upgrade your aircraft and remote, try to use the original apple cable to connect the r ...

I cant update the remote because i need the APP for it and the APP is not responding, not on IOS Iphone, IPad and not on a Android Samsung phone. In fact the mobile device will not charged anymore when i plug in the USB cable. The remote is fully charged and i can fly the phantom, i have FW 1.4.

What is the problem here? Is the USB Port defective? that just cant be the case because it worked 5 month ago before i stored it in the case. The Phantom3 is in stock configuration. Is the USB Port oxidized from not using it   ? Maybe you can ask if IOS 9 devices with the latest APP is not compatible with FW1.4? This is annoying because my warranty expired for nothing, i didnt even used the Phantom and now i have to pay the repair costs it seems.

one question, is the remote controller like a power bank? Will the mobile device automatically charged when i turn on the remote controller because its not reacting at all, its like the USB port lost the power. Has nothing to do with the cable because i tested 3 different cables now. The whole Phantom3 was like a nightmare for me because i had to send it in 4 times because of a bad working gimbal (Jello effect), i have 4 RMA number stickers on it ^^ After that i putted it away for 5 months and now the app cant detect the remote anymore. This is like a never ending story. I have to pause with drones for a few years i think. I found another hobby at the gun range
2016-3-15
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4

arock387@gmail. Posted at 2016-3-9 11:38
Well you don't want it anymore.  Just send it to me.  I will fix it.

I can do that sir, if you want to buy it, no problem. Probably the best used Phantom3 pro you can get after a year and without rolling shutter even in bright sunlight. At least it was with FW 1.4. Dont know what they will do with it, i guess they will put FW 1.6 on it, i hope the gimbal is not affected from that
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Daninho Posted at 2016-3-16 07:05
I cant update the remote because i need the APP for it and the APP is not responding, not on IOS Ip ...

Hi, please try to update your aircraft to the latest firmware and reinstall the latest app, link the aircraft and remote controller after the update. If you can't connect the remote to the app in any way after trying different USB cables.Then it might be the broken USB port on the remote controller. Please contact DJI technical support to repair the remote.
2016-3-15
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft

I agree with Amy. Didn't read the whole thread but it sounds like a just a bad cable. Have you tried a different one?
2016-3-15
Use props
arock387
lvl.2

How much would you just sell the 4k cam/gimbal for, honestly.  I really just want that camera, ill put in on the advanced
2016-3-15
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

ArtistFirst Posted at 2016-3-16 03:59
I agree with Amy. Didn't read the whole thread but it sounds like a just a bad cable. Have you tried ...

you should read the whole text because i mentioned that i tested 3 different cables and IOS and Android devices.
2016-3-16
Use props
L8again
lvl.3

Canada

Daninho Posted at 2016-3-16 12:43
you should read the whole text because i mentioned that i tested 3 different cables and IOS and An ...

Have you charged the controller battery? After sitting 5 months, the battery was probably fully drained.
2016-3-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Daninho Posted at 2016-3-15 19:06
I can do that sir, if you want to buy it, no problem. Probably the best used Phantom3 pro you can g ...

I'll give you 100 bucks for it if you pay the shipping? Deal????
2016-3-16
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4

L8again Posted at 2016-3-16 23:16
Have you charged the controller battery? After sitting 5 months, the battery was probably fully dr ...

Seriously? Such answers are not very helpful. Like i wrote before, i bought the Phantom1 when it was released, the Phantom2 and the Phantom3, im not that stupid. The remote controller has a power indicator and you have to switch it on when u use the app, so its not very realistic to not realize a drained battery. The remote will also warn you with beeps.
2016-3-17
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-16 03:29
Hi, please try to update your aircraft to the latest firmware and reinstall the latest app, link t ...

I updated the P3 to the latest FW without problems and i resintalled the latest app, same result. I can not re-link the aircraft because i would need the app. But after the FW update it was already linked. I still cant connect to the remote controller! So i guess its a bad mistake from DJI to scrap the USB FW update feature for the remote control because i think the old FW can just not work with IOS9 and the latest APP. Now i have to send it in for an update, this is not acceptable. I also dont think the USB port is defective, it worked perfectly before i stored the Phantom in the case for 5 months. Its just not possible that a wire inside is loose.
2016-3-17
Use props
semir444
lvl.1

Poland

try to turn on radio then drone then app on phone and then connect the cable from radio to phone
2016-3-17
Use props
hanzelmiranda
New

United States

Hi Daninho:

I have the same issue and I found this info on other forum so you can try it I will try as soon as I arrive to my home.;

Please See DJI for up to date firmware

The latest RC firmware is v1.5.70 for Inspire 1/P3P/P3A

It’s only supported by DJI Go v2.4.2(IOS) or DJI Go v2.4.1(Andriod).
Old versions of DJI Go might cause OSD missing, please update the APP to the latest version.

Main updates:
1. Optimize the stability of the RC upgrade.
2. Support DJI Focus.

To upgrade, launch the DJI GO app, tap through Camera View > Aircraft Status Bar > Overall Status, and follow the on-screen instructions,

To install this you must have been on V1.3.20 before hand, if on earlier Firmware see below

Please Note FW V1.4 or V1.5 does not contain a controller update you need to use V1.320 to update the controller that was the latest build.

There is a LOT of confusion around controller in this update, please see below to see what you need to do regarding the update

There are 2 versions of the P3 controller, Model GL300A and GL300B, the Model is written on the rear of the controller next to the DJI logo.

GL300A : Up to FW 1.3.20 it could be updated via the USB port, Once you installed V1.320 future updates will be via the DJI Go App.

GL300B, Can only be updated via the DJI Go App, Anything before 1.3.20 is not relevant as there was no update other than via the App.
If you have the GL300B update is via the App only, No further action is required.

GL300A ONLY

If you are currently on 1.3.20 then all future updates are via the DJI Go App.

If you are on V1.1.9, V.1.2.6, 1.2.8 you need to update the controller to v.1.3.20 before it can be updated via the DJI Go App.

If your on V1.1.8 or V1.1.9 you may should to update to V1.2.6/8 before you can update to V1.3.20

1: Install the New DJI Go App and see it it prompts you to update the controller, if it completes then your done.

2: If it says "RC requires upgrade" you need to upgrade the controller to V1.3.20 as per DJI update instructions listed below.

To update it you need firmware V1.3.20 file from DJI downloads page for your P3 model.

Note : V.1.4 and v1.5 does not include the controller update in the package you must use V1.3.20 then update via DJI Go.

You can update either on a formatted USB drive or via a usb cable to the gimbal.

3: Check the log and post the results if failed.

4: if this fails follow and you are on FW 1.1.8 or 1.1.9 update to v.1.2.6/8 first then update to V1.3.20

If that fails follow the below process posted by Tahoe Ed from DJI.

DJI Controller Update Instruction

Updating the Remote Controller Firmware
Ensure the DJI GO app has been updated to v1.2.0 before updating the remote controller. The System Status bar in Camera View of the DJI GO App will flash several times if a firmware update is available. Follow these steps to update the firmware via the DJI GO App.
Step 1- Check Battery and SD Card Capacity
1. The remote controller has at least 50% battery level.
2. Your mobile device is able to access the internet.
3. There is at least 30 MB of free space on your mobile device.
Step 2- Download and Update the Firmware
1. Go to the DJI GO App > Camera View > System Status bar > Overall Status. Tap Download the firmware update package to download and update the firmware. Track the update progress from progress bar in the DJI GO App. The status LED on the remote controller will blink blue during update and blink green when update is complete with success.
Firmware update through the DJI GO app will not work with older versions of the remote controller firmware. If the firmware update fails, follow the instructions below to update the firmware using the traditional method:
a. Update the latest firmware package files from DJI official web site.
b. Extract all downloaded files into the root directory of an SD card or USB flash drive.
c. Turn off the remote controller, Insert the SD card into a SD card reader or the USB disk onto the remote controller USB port when remote controller is turned off.
d. Power on the remote controller and wait 60 seconds until the upgrade begins. Do not power off the remote controller during the update.
e. It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete the firmware update. The camera will sound a beeping sound and the Status LED on the remote controller shows solid blue to indicate the update is in progress. The Status LED on remote controller shows solid green and beeping
sound will stop if the upgrade is completed with success.
f . If you do not have a SD card reader, you may insert the SD card into the gimbal and connect the gimbal with remote controller to upgrade
the remote controller.
Update the current remote controller firmware to v1.3.20 through USB flash drive. You will only be able to update the remote controller firmware through the DJI GO app from this point onwards.

Tahoe Ed Post From DJI

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2482254

Issues on updating the remote controller and corresponding solutions

GL 300A:
Please try to update GL300A remote controllers by using a USB drive/ SD card adapter or connecting the aircraft gimble port with the controller via a USB cable. If you fail updating with these two methods, please connect your controller with your app (meanwhile keep the aircraft off and keep your mobile device connected with the Internet), then turn on your app, go to camera-aircraft status, download and install the firmware and the remote controller will be updated (More than 15 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

GL300B:
Remote controllers whose model type is GL300B can only be updated on your app, however, according to the survey, the updates failed in the following three conditions:

First, The remote controller turns off automatically, then the first led light on it turns cyan. And when you connect your remote controller with your mobile device again, the app says no signal, and there’s no notification that says the remote controller needs to be updated.
Solution: It’s possibly because the 1765 module on the remote controller fails updating. So please press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time, namely, C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO, meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go), then turn on the app and you’ll be able to download the firmware again and please follow the steps on the app and the remote controller will hence be updated. (More than 10 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

Second, the app fails updating the remote controller and the first led light turns red.
Solution: please update on your app again. (More than 2 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

Third, the remote controller won’t update any ways.
Solution: the 1.2.0 Android app has this bug that no matter your firmware is latest or not, the app will ask you to update the remote controller. The new DJI GO Android app will solve this bug. (Many more remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

2016-3-17
Use props
hanzelmiranda
New

United States

hanzelmiranda Posted at 2016-3-17 17:15
Hi Daninho:

I have the same issue and I found this info on other forum so you can try it I will t ...

Does not work, the RC continue beeping, (beep, beep, beep, beep) and nothing happen.Even connecting the Remote directly to the Gimbal.
2016-3-18
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

semir444 Posted at 2016-3-17 20:53
try to turn on radio then drone then app on phone and then connect the cable from radio to phone

come on, i already did that, thats the normal procedure
2016-3-18
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

So i tested an android device now and surprisingly the Samsung phone detects the remotre controller because its charging! The app still dont detect the P3 and the app still says "how to connect" but at least the remote controller charges the samsung phone ! That means the USB port is working just fine. So the problem is 100% because of DJI bad software developing. It is now clear that older remote controllers (i have a pre ordered P3 Pro, one of the first models) with older FW are not working anymore with both IOS and android. This is a shame and now i have to send my controller to DJI just to make a little FW update, this is not acceptable.
I cant update the remote controller myyself because i would need the APP, why on earth DJI changed the procedure to an IN APP update process, why not use the USB Stick like before?

Another thing is i cant RE-LINK the controller with the aircraft because i would need the APP. Other methods without the APP failed. But i doubt this is the reason because the remote is already linked and the phantom can be used without the APP.

to the Tips from tahoe ed
GL 300A:
Please try to update GL300A remote controllers by using a USB drive/ SD card adapter or connecting the aircraft gimble port with the controller via a USB cable. If you fail updating with these two methods, please connect your controller with your app (meanwhile keep the aircraft off and keep your mobile device connected with the Internet), then turn on your app, go to camera-aircraft status, download and install the firmware and the remote controller will be updated (More than 15 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

So does that measn i can still update my remote controller without the APP or is that a 6 months old advice from tahoe ed? Which FW version i have to download for my GL300A Controller and is the latest P3 FW an all inclusive FW with remote Controller FW?

Edit : So i tried to update the remote controller with FW 1.3 with my USB Stick like i did before with no success, so i guess my remote controller is already on FW 1.3. Of course no reaction with the FW 1.7 as well. Whats the matter here ?
2016-3-18
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

I take it that you have un installed the DJI App and re installed the App again.
Is USB debugging on/allowed. ( poss only Android)
I bought an older Remote for my P3A as the RTH button broke. The second hand Remote wouldn't connect for ages. It was the debugging thing that made it work, but DJI App was working without the Camera pictures.
2016-3-18
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-3-18 21:30
I take it that you have un installed the DJI App and re installed the App again.
Is USB debugging on ...

I have re installed the APP several times on both IPAD and IPHONE without success. The android device i tested wasnt mines so i dont know if USB debugging was activated, im not into android. I just tested it and the phone was charged from the controller. That means the USB Port is fine. Strangely my IPAD and IPHONE wont get charged when i connect them with the remote controller. Both android and IOS device will not detect the Phantom3 and i only get the how to connect message when i open the app.

My hope was that i could somehow update the remote with the android devive but its not recognizing the controller as well. Thats the bad thing about IN APP solutions, you need the APP for updating or RE-LINKING the remote.

My theory is IOS9 is newer than the remote controller FW 1.3 and thats why it will not recognize it but i can be wrong here. The Android Version was 5.x if that makes sense, im not an android guy. Android at least recognized the controller and it was charging so it was more or less a power bank. On IOS its just no reaction at all. In the past it said "new device detected, do you trust this device" or something like that and i got a beep signal. This is completely gone now. This has to be a FW thing and i feel the remote controller would work with the latest FW.

Other theory is the battery cant deliver 5.0V for the USB port or something like that but it shows its full and the android device was charging normally. It was half full when i tested it for the first time and then i charged it completey to 100% without problems, it took a while and it got warm but i guess thats normal.
2016-3-18
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

I don't think its USB port issue, with what you have said/tested. I think its an App issue. Can you try the Android route. Install latest App,turn on App, turn on Remote and see if it connects.
Try downloading latest FW onto SD card and plug into USB Remote.(in the hope it will take it to the FW before updating via App)? then try to update the Craft( Remote Off).
2016-3-18
Use props
L8again
lvl.3

Canada

Daninho Posted at 2016-3-17 12:23
Seriously? Such answers are not very helpful. Like i wrote before, i bought the Phantom1 when it wa ...

Wasn't meaning to insult, but I know that sometimes the most obvious gets overlooked. Hope you work it out.
2016-3-18
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-3-18 23:10
I don't think its USB port issue, with what you have said/tested. I think its an App issue. Can you  ...

I did that today like i mentioned, its still the same issue. The only difference is that the android device charged during that process but the app still says how to connect. I also tried to update the remote with an USB stick but it wasnt working, i guess its a myth when ppl say its still possible to update it via USB stick. I also think it cant be the USB Port because the controller charged the android device.

I also resetted the remote controller with the button combination but still the same problem with the exception that the remote controller is beeping when i power on the phantom. I guess that means sticks need a calibration now because i resetted them. So i have no clue what this is all about and why its not connecting anymore. Is nobody here with an older FW like 1.3 using the latest app and IOS9?

Like i said above i did not checked if USb debugging was activated because it wasnt my own device and i have no idea how its done, i googled it quickly but it looks to complex and the owner of the phone was in a hurry.
2016-3-18
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

L8again Posted at 2016-3-18 23:39
Wasn't meaning to insult, but I know that sometimes the most obvious gets overlooked. Hope you wor ...

yes but that is the most obvious thing you would do, the app even says "how to connnect".The thing is i can choose Phantom3 pro from that list but then nothing happens. There is no button to confirm or something like that. Maybe DJI has unregistered my P3 because it wasnt used for 5 months?
2016-3-18
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4

Daninho Posted at 2016-3-19 06:42
yes but that is the most obvious thing you would do, the app even says "how to connnect".The thing  ...

The end of the story will be tomorrow, i sent the remote controller back to DJI for updating to the newest FW and checking the USB Port. Lets see if that helped but im skeptical, if that dont work i will send back the whole machine. my warranty expires in may. Now i saw many ppl with the same problem here on the DJI Forums, i guess this is a common problem now. Strangely the one with the same problem has also not used the DJI Phantom for 6 months, so this could be indeed a FW problem or you need to re register the phantom, who knows.
2016-4-12
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

I got back the remote controller and it works now, however i cant say what the problem was because they replaced my GL300A remote controller with a GL300C. So the reasons for my problem can only be two things, 1.) an old remote controller FW or 2.) defective USB Port. Immidiately i heared the apple sound tone when i connected the IPAD with the remote controller, this was missing before. My guess is that my old GL300A remote controller had just an old FW which was not compatible with IOS 9 and thats why it wont detected it. Dont know why DJI replaced my 5 flights old controller to GL300C, it would be really sad if it was an defective USB Port because that would be crazy after 5 flights, it worked perfectly before i "rested" the system for 5 months.
2016-4-14
Use props
jyurkyandsons
lvl.2

United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-17 06:20
I'll give you 100 bucks for it if you pay the shipping? Deal????

Gotta be worth at least 500 stinky green bucks half the cost of a new one .
2016-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules