Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Watch a Flying Jet Ski Take Out $3,000 Worth of Camera Drone
1269 9 2016-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gdl39
lvl.1

United States

http://gizmodo.com/watch-a-flying-jet-ski-take-out-3-000-worth-of-camera-1763567383
2016-3-8
Use props
Drew U.
lvl.1

United States

I'm just imagining the operator through the experience...  Wait for it. Wait for it. Sweeeeeet!!!! Eeeek. Noooooooooooo. Followed by a tapestry of tightly woven curse words.
2016-3-8
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Captain
Flight distance : 8330174 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Now if that were a phantom 4 I wonder if it would have automatically backed up out of the way?
2016-3-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

Wow...Thant was awe...not Inspiring for the videographer that lost their Inspire but one hell of a shot for the person that took it....Blew me away that it knocked wave rider off the jet ski...Wussy!..Curios if there is a freshly reported Inspire flyaway.....
2016-3-8
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

hummingbird.uav Posted at 2016-3-8 17:06
Now if that were a phantom 4 I wonder if it would have automatically backed up out of the way?

I seriously doubt it could have moved fast enough.  There ARE limitations, and that is a yet unanswered questions.  Just how fast will the P4 go in an effort to avoid an approaching object?  Not talking about reaction time, but escape speed.
2016-3-8
Use props
citivas
lvl.3

United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-3-8 20:05
I seriously doubt it could have moved fast enough.  There ARE limitations, and that is a yet unans ...

Would the Phantom 4 have backed up at any speed?  I haven't seen any videos yet that shows it actually reversing itself to avoid an object, or of it avoiding objects traveling toward it in a fixed position.  All I have seen is either rise forward to avoid or stop and hover.

I would wonder how they could trust doing any backing up or moving to the side since they have no sensors there to know if they would in the act of avoiding a crash be causing one.   Since it was designed to avoid fixed obstacles it seems much safer for them to stop and hover than to back up blind.
2016-3-8
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-8
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

There was a video posted today showing someone chasing it around as it tried to avoid him.
2016-3-8
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.4

I wonder if they have DJI Care?
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Yes, definitely a bad day for whomever owned that Inspire.
2016-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules