Dead Drone?!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Motch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44213 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, flew great this morning and then I swapped out SD cards this evening.  Turns out that the one I put in there didn't have the latest firmware (1.6).
Initially it didn't show any info on the Ipad/DJI App/Controller.  Just a lot of N/A's.  I turned it off and then turned it back on.  Bad call...
It started beeping and wouldn't stop beeping.

Take her home, check the SD card and found an old firmware on it.  So I formatted the card, installed 1.6 and put it back in the drone (P3A).  No good.  
No lights flash and it continues to beep.
Have spoken with DJI and they tell me I need to send her back to them.  ;(

Anyone have this issue before?
I've tried numerous SD cards, no luck.  I was told it might take up to 30 mins for the update to take.. but the issue is, no lights come on when I power her up.  The small light on the gimbal flashes green and then stays steady green.. and the beeps continue though they change pitch and frequency.

Help?!

Always
Motch

2016-3-8
Use props
BayArea99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197336 ft
United States

Yes this has happened to me too. Just put the latest firmware on your card and put the drone someplace that you can't hear the loud noise. I put mine in the garage. Wait for it to finish. The loud noise will stop after awhile and the update will complete. I can't remember how long it took.

The problem you created is when you turned it on and then off while processing the old firmware.
2016-3-8
Use props
BayArea99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197336 ft
United States

BTW, don't leave any firmware on your cards once you do the update......
2016-3-8
Use props
Motch
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Well.... I'll try it again.  Last time I let it sit for over an hour.  No luck.  But I'll put it in the garage and give it another shot.
Yeah, will be deleting firmware from all cards!
Thanks
Motch
2016-3-8
Use props
citivas
lvl.2

United States

DJI reads the firmware from the individual SD cards and not its only internal memory?  That's an odd choice.
2016-3-8
Use props
PommyDownUnder
lvl.2

Australia

What a pain in the ............. Goodluck mate.
2016-3-8
Use props
Motch
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Over an hour.. still beeping and gimbal (little) red light still flashing!  Nothing else to report~
Confidence is low.

Motch
2016-3-8
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Patience Grasshopper...

(Does that show my age?)
2016-3-8
Use props
Motch
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

LOL.. got no where to go!
Seriously though, put her outside on the porch.  She got warm last time I tried the update.  Let it run for over an hour.. at 1+20 so far.
Interestingly enough, the battery is only half dead~

Still hoping for the best.
Always
Motch
2016-3-8
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

Motch Posted at 2016-3-8 22:00
Over an hour.. still beeping and gimbal (little) red light still flashing!  Nothing else to report~

make sure your your RC is OFF
2016-3-8
Use props
Motch
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-3-8 22:21
make sure your your RC is OFF

Yupe.. it's been off this whole time~
Thanks though
2016-3-8
Use props
Elysi0n
lvl.1

Motch Posted at 2016-3-9 11:22
Yupe.. it's been off this whole time~
Thanks though

Had a similar problem, a "forced" reinstall fixed my problem:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-31598-1-1.html

Follow the video it really helps, you can enforce the update by pressing the reset button on the drone while starting up.

Always remember, keep calm and be patient, things will work out well

Good luck

PS: Follow this guide for calibration afterwards:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=29724
2016-3-8
Use props
Motch
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Elysi0n Posted at 2016-3-8 22:31

http://forum.dji.com/thread-31598-1 ...

I appreciate the effort... but I don't get ANY lights on the arms to light up when I turn her on.  Also, the gimbal light is now green and it acts like it's ready to fly but the beeping continues and I can not turn the rotors on.
She is basically an annoying beeping machine!

Guess she's going back to DJI tomorrow.  Talk about bad timing.  Ordered the P4 last week but won't get it for at least a week, if not longer.

Sucks~
Always
Motch
2016-3-8
Use props
Motch
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Elysi0n Posted at 2016-3-8 22:31

http://forum.dji.com/thread-31598-1 ...

I appreciate the effort... but I don't get ANY lights on the arms to light up when I turn her on.  Also, the gimbal light is now green and it acts like it's ready to fly but the beeping continues and I can not turn the rotors on.
She is basically an annoying beeping machine!

Guess she's going back to DJI tomorrow.  Talk about bad timing.  Ordered the P4 last week but won't get it for at least a week, if not longer.

Sucks~
Always
Motch
2016-3-8
Use props
Elysi0n
lvl.1

Motch Posted at 2016-3-9 12:08
I appreciate the effort... but I don't get ANY lights on the arms to light up when I turn her on.  ...

Yeah must suck alot, feel bad for you  ...

But AFAIK the DJI support did improve alot over the P3 cycle, hopefully you get her back up soon!

Good luck and fly safe with your future Phantom 4 (*jealous* )

Best~~
2016-3-8
Use props
Motch
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thanks...
I will say, I've babied her since I got her and I also fly with Prop Guards.  I haven't had any major issues and no cracks like some others have had.  (Wonder if it's because of the extra plates on the end of the arms for the PG's?!)
I was impressed with the fact that I was dealing with a DJI rep in Cali and they were (pretty) helpful.

I will keep people updated with the outcome, in case others have this issue ~

Everyone fly safe!
Always
Motch
2016-3-8
Use props
Motch
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Anyone know what the little light is that is on the side of the drone.. next to the reset button by the battery compartment?
It's on the side where the gimbal has the plug in for a usb cable.  It is showing Red.  Just not sure if it's an actual light, or if it's Red because it's bleed through from the Red light on the Battery.
This is so frustrating.

Motch
2016-3-8
Use props
Elysi0n
lvl.1

Motch Posted at 2016-3-9 12:43
Anyone know what the little light is that is on the side of the drone.. next to the reset button by  ...

Unfortunately I only know about the reset button, the hole next to it I have no clue...

It could be some sort of status indicator as well, maybe for the mainboard?
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

yes, unfortunately looks like you will need to send it in for testing and raipair
2016-3-9
Use props
Motch
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-9 03:54
yes, unfortunately looks like you will need to send it in for testing and raipair

Thanks Tim.

Still waiting on the FEDEX shipping label.  Got the email with the RMA number already.  Just bummed this happened.

Have to say, never did I read anything about making sure you deleted the Firmware on the SD card after installation.  I put the original SD card (16GB that came with it) into the P3A because I had given the one I usually used to someone else after taking some pictures and videos.  For this is to happen due to a software glitch is a real bummer.  But I understand that "Stuff Happens".. just hope I have a Drone to fly in a week!  Not sure when the P4 will arrive.  Know you guys keep saying that they will ship out on the 15th.  Am in the NY area, hope I have her by the 16-17th~?

Motch
2016-3-9
Use props
Motch
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Well.. she on the way back to DJI!
Unfortunately, going by truck, on the ground, from the East Coast to the West Coast!
Oh, and I screwed up and left the SD card in the damn thing!  lol.  Oh well.
Just hope to get her back soon.  
Now the race begins.  What shows up first-
The fixed P3A or the New P4?
Bets?

Always
Motch
2016-3-9
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

There's probably a room in DJI HQ somewhere with a whole bunch of beeping drones being repaired.
Would be funny if it started beeping in the mail.
2016-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules