Phantom 3 Pro antennas
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

My recent mod project calls for relocation of compass unit and 4 antennas, build into Phantom 3 Pro/Advanced legs. Compass issue aside, the same 4-corner antennas positioning is employed in Inspire and Matrice 100 design. My question is strictly technical: are the antenna panels (with a single wire soldered to it) identical for all mentioned drones, or they're different somehow? Obvious physical differences like wiring and housings are irrelevant in this case. Another words, swapping original Phantom 3 Pro antennas with Inspire, Matrice or - for this matter - Lightbridge 2 antennas, should result in identical aircraft performance, or not?

I hope somebody closer to DJI engineering department will be able to help me with this dilemma.
Phantom 3 Antennas.jpg
Lightbridge 2 Antennas and Holders.jpg
2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

No, the connectors are different on P3 and ther models
2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

The P3 antennas are different from the LB antenna. The LB antennas can be used on Matrice.
2016-3-9
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-9 04:34
The P3 antennas are different from the LB antenna. The LB antennas can be used on Matrice.

Amy , Do  you happen to know if the 4 antennas on say the Phantom Pro are they all used for the 2.4GH RC or are they divided up, 2 for the  video  and 2 for the RC .   Or do all four carry the same signal for the RC and video.  The same being true On the Two  Transmitter Antennas ,  is one for RC and one For Video or do both antennas carry both Video and RC data.
Is lightbridge a term for the RC or Video?  Or is it a term that covers Both ?  Just want to clarify- thank you

Dont mean to hijack this thread but it looks like theOriginal Posters  question was answered

Thank You Amy- donnie
2016-3-9
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-9 18:34

Thank you, DJI-Amy. Now I'm really confused... Since all mentioned DJI drones (Phantom 3 Pro, Inspire 1 Pro and Matrice 100) are using Lightbridge 2 technology for video transmission, than which Phantom antennas (numbered 1, 2, 3 and 4) are for RC communication and which are for Lightbridge link?  
2016-3-9
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-9 17:54
No, the connectors are different on P3 and ther models

Of course Tim, I know. Connectors aside, are the antennas itself (these small plates soldered to a wire) identical for all models?
2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-9 22:10
Amy , Do  you happen to know if the 4 antennas on say the Phantom Pro are they all used for the  ...

The antennas are both for RC and video signal transmission. Lightbridge is a HD live video transmission system created by DJI, all the RC signals and video signals are transmitted by this system.
2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

dobmatt Posted at 2016-3-10 03:48
Thank you, DJI-Amy. Now I'm really confused... Since all mentioned DJI drones (Phantom 3 Pro, Insp ...

Phantom 3 pro and Inspire 1 use the 1st generation of the Lightbridge technology.  The antennas are not devided, all the control signals and video signals are transmitted by the antennas using the Lightbridge technology.
2016-3-9
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-9 19:12
Phantom 3 pro and Inspire 1 use the 1st generation of the Lightbridge technology.  The antennas are ...

OK, Amy. Our conversation is going into right direction

Now, since we know that all 4 antennas build into legs are involved in both Lightbridge and RC control communication, the last thing I must know is this:

If I replace original Phantom 3 Pro/Advanced antennas with Inspire, Matrice or just Lightbridge antennas, will the Phantom perform as usual?

I'm talking about theoretical scenario, all technical issues (wiring, soldering, fastening etc.) aside. The answer is very important to me, a don't want to mess with these things without being 100% sure it'll work.
2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

dobmatt Posted at 2016-3-10 12:33
OK, Amy. Our conversation is going into right direction

Now, since we know that all 4 antennas ...

Only the LB antenna and the Matrice antenna are the same. Phantom use different antenna design.
2016-3-9
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-9 20:12
Phantom 3 pro and Inspire 1 use the 1st generation of the Lightbridge technology.  The antennas are ...

Thank You  Amy- Very Helpful to solve another Forum members  Challenge

-All the best to you and yours- donnie
2016-3-10
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-10 14:13
Only the LB antenna and the Matrice antenna are the same. Phantom use different antenna design.

Thank you, Amy. You've been very helpful and patient ...
2016-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules