Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Simple problem, simple answer - Please help (if you have an Inspire already)
2086 11 2015-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rwt0227
lvl.2

United States

For those of you that have the inspire already in your possession could you help me?
For attaching propellers - instructions read, "Attach propellers with the black nut onto motors with the black dot and spin couter-clockwise to secure."

I am not seeing a "black dot" It looked like two of the attachment points on the motors for the propellers were darker in color, while the other two were a bit more silver in color. I assumed I was doing it right and later when I launched the inspire (indoors) it had immediate forward momentum. I had to land it  so it wouldn't continue into a wall. (Obviously I'll be taking this outdoors for it's maiden flight - but I wanted to at least fire it up and have it hover inside for a minute to test it very briefly.)

Now I'm questioning the propellers and the "black dot" since I can't find an actual DOT.
1. Where exactly is the "black dot" located?
2. Why would the inspire have immediate forward momentum and not immediately hover in place as I've seen in the many many videos where they fly it indoors. (BTW - the LED status on the inspire itself was green, no GPS, but it Yellow "indoor flight" on the app status)
2015-1-8
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

Mine are not black dots looks like threads and all are black and others are silver or metallic looking. The right rear and Left front are the black ones if your standing behind it. Hope this helps.....
2015-1-8
Use props
richard
lvl.3
Flight distance : 990781 ft
  • >>>
United States

The dot will be painted on the top of the bolt that comes off the motor.  see attached photos
1000322.jpg
2015-1-8
Use props
abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine had no black dots, either. The entire threaded mechanism is either silver or dark grey. The dark grey ones are the ones that you put the props with black nuts onto. It is indeed difficult to tell the difference between the silver and dark grey threads without good lighting.
2015-1-8
Use props
rwt0227
lvl.2

United States

Thank goodness for the community support of people like you guys in the forum!
So that isn't my issue then.
Let me ask then, does the Inspire have a slight forward momentum once you initially lift off (we're talking no more than 3 feet off the ground)?

I was pretty freaked out and shut it down quickly. Don't need $3k+ crashing into a wall. Already almost didn't get to fly it right away by putting the microSD card in upside down during firmware upgrade process. Took 15 minutes and needle nose tweezers to get it out!
2015-1-8
Use props
s.s.gibbs1
lvl.2

United States

since the props are threaded reversed,you can't put them on wrong. i am going to mark mine carefully with a felt marker i am thinking so i can tell in low light easily.
  i hope Ed chimes in on the forward motion. that does not sound right to me.
2015-1-8
Use props
s.s.gibbs1
lvl.2

United States

by the way,were the optical flow sensors on? if not,you can't fly it indoors. there is an indictor for the flow sensors on the display if i remember correctly.
2015-1-8
Use props
rwt0227
lvl.2

United States

Is that something that can be toggled on/off (optical flow sensors)? My flight mode says P-OPTI and I did the compass calibration.
2015-1-8
Use props
DJI-ZT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 411411 ft
China

P-OPTI means no GPS and vision position system is on.
2015-1-9
Use props
tim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328684 ft
United Kingdom

Might be worth calibrating your IMU.

Open App > Mode (top left) >Advanced Settings > Sensors

Scroll to the bottom and tap "Check IMU" and then "Advanced" and it will do a calibration. You will need to have the app connected to the remote and the craft turned on.
2015-1-9
Use props
rwt0227
lvl.2

United States

Turns out this is because the room I launched it in was just small. You can really feel the wind from the propellers in the room - I do believe it was having to constantly over compensate for it's own created wind interference. Once I got it outside all was good.
2015-1-12
Use props
skinleverton
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Yeah, I had the same. I have a slate floor 600mmx600mm tiles, when i finished the update I lifted off and struggled with drift.
This was completely normal IF the downward facing camera can't fix on a pattern. Unless the camera picks up a pattern you have drift, simple as.
2015-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules